Petition to remove Jamie Lynn Spears from Sweet Magnolias didn't work (yet...) : She just wrapped on season 2

24 minutes ago, GirlOnTheMoon said:

Yes they can. They have done it plenty of times with other problematic actors and actresses.

Maybe this particular show couldn't afford to fire her, or maybe there was a contract they had to abide by ooooor Lolita Lulu would not allow it to happen or she'll would fire people. 

5 minutes ago, Alexa James said:

Jamie Lynn’s role isn’t that big. She’s not one of the leading characters. If anything, she’s a very small supporting character. I don’t know why people are trying to get her fired. The show doesn’t revolve around her. 

but She got promoted to main character on Season 2.  I didn't watch the show. Saw it on the news

Unless there is strong indication JL did something incriminating, I doubt Netflix will fire her (and of course they won't cancel the show altogether). They only fire people if it can backfire on Netflix majorly (see Kevin Spacey) or if enough people care to make a dent in audience (which almost never happens - generally those protesting were never planning on watching the show to begin with). The petition only got about 20,000-something signatures, which is really nothing in these contexts. I think anyone's energy will be better spent doing something else tbh. Unless anything else major comes out that indicates JL did something criminal, I think this is a lost cause guys.

• Super Mods
1 minute ago, colormefresh said:

We care! Kind of... not really!

tumblr_nickpuBdhm1qk8m2ho6_250.gifv

That’s my point, who cares, I don’t even watch that show or care to bother to and Netflix cancels their shows all the time. People here are making a big deal about it so at the end of the day, you’re still giving Jamie Lynne attention. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Puppy said:

That’s my point, who cares, I don’t even watch that show or care to bother to and Netflix cancels their shows all the time. People here are making a big deal about it so at the end of the day, you’re still giving Jamie Lynne attention. 

I’m just surprised it got another season... and they decided to upgrade her role! But she is Britney’s sister so it isn’t a surprise at all. Idk! :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

• Super Mods
Just now, colormefresh said:

I’m just surprised it got another season... and they decided to upgrade her role! But she is Britney’s sister so it isn’t a surprise at all. Idk! :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

I mean it just doesn’t make the fanbase look good by pulling these stunts. It’s about Britney and her freedom, better energy should be spent elsewhere like bugging politicians to actually do what they say cuz it seems all the shady people are jumping on the freebritney wagon to distract from their own scandals. That’s why she’s in this mess because the whole system is broken yet we are gonna let the laws remain that way? It’s petty and stupid and at the end of the day JL would not care and she’ll just shrug it off.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Puppy said:

I mean it just doesn’t make the fanbase look good by pulling these stunts. It’s about Britney and her freedom, better energy should be spent elsewhere like bugging politicians to actually do what they say cuz it seems all the shady people are jumping on the freebritney wagon to distract from their own scandals. That’s why she’s in this mess because the whole system is broken yet we are gonna let the laws remain that way? It’s petty and stupid and at the end of the day JL would not care and she’ll just shrug it off.

Not calling her out would be a disservice to Britney. We don’t owe Jimmy Chin s h i t. :saywat-towelney:

• Like 1