Camila Cabello accused of incorporating black face into her performance, issues statement

24 minutes ago, Explicit said:

This is so embarassing and the people that are defending her in this thread are even more embarassing. Imagine a white person telling Black people what constitutes Black face. You can't make this up 

over it lhhmia GIF by VH1

Is a white person incapable of determining what's black face and what's not? Girl, please. A bad tan isn't black face. Grow up. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRLYJ5V0wGFhUzsmov9qrt

I guess the infamous "Tan Mom" from the past is also black face - or is it actually just a God awful tan job. You over sensitive fake outrage trolls are HILARIOUS.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

I feel like when an innocent white person gets a bad spray tan it almost looks like black face unintentionally which is kinda funny to me because when they spray it at first it’s strong and needs to fade into a normal tan after a shower but at first they look they are trying to be black. I don’t think this was malicious just bad planning on her team especially with her past. The should of been more cautious. The song is kinda growing on me lol 

• Like 2

This I so belong stupid. The guy is clearly a bad tan and the hair is not an Afro… it’s an I’ve the too 80s quif. You can tell it’s a tan cuz its way lighter around the eyes like sunglasses. But sip your damn poison and keep looking for **** to ***** about.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, Thecodeman25 said:

This was just stupid. Even if it wasn’t supposed to be him impersonating a darker skinned person. She said bad spray tan. And spray tans weren’t even a thing in the 80s. Clean up your mess girl 

Tanning beds and fake tans have been around since like the 70s. 

• Love 1
  • Like 5

As much as I don't like her, I will surprisingly defend her on this case. I don't think she's in charge of the concept on the performance, there is a whole creative team around her who do that. Also she's not the makeup artist who made the "tan". 

I don't think she's responsible for this, and I am pretty sure she saw her dancers all dressed up and with makeup on at the very last minute. (And honestly I wonder if she really look at them).

I agree that if they wanted a latin guy on the perf, they should had get a real one (there are so many dancers from all origins). But I also think they wanted to add a funny/cheesy thing with the spray tan (and not a Black Face!) and the big hair (not an Afro hair!). His look is typically the one of the tacky latin lovers from old telenovelas. Seriously stop seeing racism everywhere...

Of course she's responsible of the statement which was disrespectful. But in the same time, what argumemts could she have given? These attacks feel absurd (this time). 

People want her to excuse for a Black Face, when she feels she did not... she gives an explanation, but people don't like it... so in all cases she will always be wrong.

And when I read some comments here... seriously guys, I feel like for some of you, just getting a tan in the sun is considered as doing a Black Face. Should we close the beaches so people won't get too dark? 

• Love 1
  • Like 6

so... people from her team/management didn't notice that this could lead to another backlash? No way, they can't be this unaware . Maybe someone was trying to sabotage her, or they did this on purpose to create controversy and make headlines because her new song was flopping.

• Like 3

I highly doubt she is willing to throw away her career off more scandals like this lmao. I don't think she would intentionally do this knowing it would cause this much trouble. I could see it being a possibility if her new song was more country flavored (trying to go number 1 for being racist, like Morgan Wallen lol), but pop fans as a whole wouldn't support this as they are more '#Woke' and hyper sensitive to anything that could be deemed offensive even if it was obviously a mistake. 

Y'all just love calling everything racist, don't you? It's such a serious issue, so I'll never understand how easily the word is thrown around. I can acknowledge that it was totally dumb and ignorant of her and her team and that they should've known better considering her past controversies, but that's the extent of it. Poor judgement and ignorance aren't racism.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Invitation said:

Can’t believe she joined a racist rehab only to do this :clownery_makeup_meme:

does that mean she acknowledged that she’s a racist?

Are you maybe a racist too because of ignorance of what black face means and mixing this to it?

No. You are not. Just ignorant. And she is not either. STOP IT.

Why is this topic not closed yet??

• Love 2

It is a bad tan, it is obvious...many people tan during summer. Fake tan is not always orange. I think people watched the video trying to find any issue because of her past.

As other users have mentioned, her team should have double-tripple-checked everything.

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
14 hours ago, Explicit said:

This is so embarassing and the people that are defending her in this thread are even more embarassing. Imagine a white person telling Black people what constitutes Black face. You can't make this up 

over it lhhmia GIF by VH1

And why do you automatically assume everyone is white? Pretty ignorant of you to assume that and also ignorant that you’re not aware that Latin people come in all different shades. I know Latin people darker than some black people. What kinda quip you have to say about that? It’s like a badge of honor to wear now to see who the most offended person in the room is. Get a hobby :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan: 

• Like 2

🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻

• Super Mods
58 minutes ago, White Tiger said:

Are you maybe a racist too because of ignorance of what black face means and mixing this to it?

No. You are not. Just ignorant. And she is not either. STOP IT.

Why is this topic not closed yet??

He’s so quick to jump to defend when people make comments about BTS but then comes on here to spew the same **** towards Camila. Hypocritical 

• Like 1

🍻Intoxicate me, I’m a lush🍻