Camila Cabello accused of incorporating black face into her performance, issues statement

37 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

E7FntIEWYAQR253?format=jpg&name=large

Spray tan wasn't invented until 1998 though...and that heart emoji at the end :squintney_britney_confused_huh_what_umm_ok_glory: And that's not an orange tan, thats black-face. If she wanted orange, do like Trump. 

She has been and remains tone deaf.  

Lol that's so dumb , then why wouldn't she just hire a black person instead of hiring a white man trying to look like a black man , people still don't understand it's wrong and offensive nowadays..... she's really ignorant and a racist. 

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, nwonder said:

I would of given them the benefit of the doubt as I could kinda see that that might have of been going for that 70’s playboy George Hamilton look but that emoji says it all.

She should get a refund for that racist rehab  tbh

:cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

Aww she’d get on well with JL 

:jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

has she ever apologized for something? :orangu_orangutan_ape:

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, ***yLove said:

Yes, and as someone who is tired of seeing what people are currently mad about on Twitter or who they're currently celebrating a "XisOverParty," I think Jordan would be better off leaving that off as "music news." Twitter and their attempt at cancel culture is cancerous. 

4f18dc8557d063fe41bb065c07fff8dc.jpg

I guess Ross here too is doing black face when the whole premise of the episode is a bad spray tan. The color here is pretty much identical to the dancer.

Yes I would consider that black face as well.  Even if it was bit for the show, Ross goes to a dark skinned Puerto Rican man and says he wants to look like him. A white man making is skin the tone of a POC. You don't find that racist? A natural glow- sure fine. But you think the example you shared with me of Ross here, could achieve the skin tone of the tanning technician? 

Friends tan joke where Ross asks Puerto Rican to 'look like him' axed |  Metro News

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Slayer said:

I don't know if you're just acting stupid now or if it's just coming natural to you.

So someone pointed out he looks like an emoji of a BLACK person and he thinks it is acceptable to post it and make a joke out of it?

Your attempts to justify racism and black face are absolutely disgusting.

Imagine equating emojis with race! Mind you there's an even darker skin tone emoji. Does that emoji mean extra black? Please, point me to which emojis signifies Asian people or Native Americans. He must be mocking black women too, since he used a female emoji. It's not POSSIBLE that a tan white person would use that emoji to represent them. Nope.

Keep propagating hate and division. Very despicable you. Lucky for you, I find your ignorance hilarious.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, hxpnxl said:

I don't care about her or anything she does yet i don't think she would do black face on purpose, not after all that controversy. She clearly went for a tanning joke as she explained. Do you really think she tried to sneak black face in her video hoping no one would notice? really? 

and since twitter is also known for its people that cant pass through a minute without getting offended by at least 10 things... :nyheadache_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_annoyed_head_rub_irritated_red_tired:

I can agree with that. The intent wasn't to do ******, but the end product was that. It was poorly executed from the makeup department. It's hard to give Camila a pass because of constant association with race issues, but maybe in person it didn't look as dark, and did appear more orange than what was caught on film?.... :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

Yes I would consider that black face as well.  Even if it was bit for the show, Ross goes to a dark skinned Puerto Rican man and says he wants to look like him. A white man making is skin the tone of a POC. You don't find that racist? A natural glow- sure fine. But you think the example you shared with me of Ross here, could achieve the skin tone of the tanning technician? 

Friends tan joke where Ross asks Puerto Rican to 'look like him' axed |  Metro News

And you'd be wrong. There's a clear definition of what black face is, look it up. As for your question, yes, someone white can easily achieve that level of color. Latin comes in all colors, and if I had deeply and naturally tanned white people mixed with Latin people in front of you, you'd find it very difficult to distinguish who was really Latin.

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, bruinoc said:

Can she just be gone already? I will never stand her. She's a racist through and through. Her apologies have never been sincere, and I doubt she will ever learn. 

On another note, stan for unproblematic, accepting Queen Jade who isn't a bigot. God, she looks so ******* hot in this scene ezgif-4-d85331f05a7a.thumb.gif.baa945b7f220c009b7e0cda74256a0f4.gif

I thought the girl in this gif was Camila Cabello all this time 😆

• Haha 1
26 minutes ago, ExXL said:

Lol that's so dumb , then why wouldn't she just hire a black person instead of hiring a white man trying to look like a black man , people still don't understand it's wrong and offensive nowadays..... she's really ignorant and a racist. 

she WOULD hire a black man if she needed a black man on that spot? she went for a overly tanned white man from 80s whether it worked or not on this case. it's that simple :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

15 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

I can agree with that. The intent wasn't to do ******, but the end product was that. It was poorly executed from the makeup department. It's hard to give Camila a pass because of constant association with race issues, but maybe in person it didn't look as dark, and did appear more orange than what was caught on film?.... :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

It looks more like a bad tan on the story so I think the lighting was the problem on set :ineedthetruth_oprah_huh_um_thinking_confused_what_truth_stare:

• Like 5

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block