New BreatheHeavy live stream TODAY at 2:30 pm PT

One-click subscribe to our YouTube channel!

I Feel Sort of Bad For Lynne

43 minutes ago, Kletus said:

omg you're right she did say that :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad: all I remember from Lynne is how quiet she is about the whole thing, and then she was sort of nice to Britney in court documents but then nothing really came of it... UGH Lynne is just putting on an act :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating: im done with this ***** too!!!

Well, tbh I dont expect them to go out and tell details of their private life. That is not of our business, we are willing to hear Britney IF she decides to speak. 

What I meant is that Lynne wasnt involved in the case until now, or at least we dont know if she ever was. Britney has tried to get out of that severa times, this is not the 1st time, so where was she? She is her mother, not her friend, not her collegue, not her aunt, etc but her MOTHER, a mother is supposed to protect you. Remaining in silence wasnt helpful. There's a quote from the Divine Comedy which says something like 'hell has a place reserved for those who remain neutral in moral crisis'. Remaining in silence is giving permission to her abusers to keep doing the same. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Hot.As.Ice. said:

I think she's worse than the father and siblings. 

Have you seen the texts between her and Sam?

shes a sociopath 

*Alleged texts. And I have a hard time believing they were real because at the time they were allegedly sent, SMS text limits were 160 characters, and some of the messages surpassed that. Yes you can send an SMS over 160, but when you do that it splits the message into two. The screenshots show single messages over 160.

• Like 2

Jamie may be the true villain in this but Lynne’s hands ain’t clean either for sitting by all these years and letting this happen. Now if she were to petition to end the cship and then completely own her **** and admit that she was wrong and show some genuine remorse, I’d cut her some slack but until that day comes (which I won’t be holding my breath) she’s just as guilty.

• Like 5

I asked my mom to what ends would you go to break me free from an abusive conservatorship from my father? My mom said “she would speak to every news outlet possible to spread the word even if that meant I would no longer receive any financial support”

Lynee is also at fault - she could have tried HARDER! Tried until she broke down. Ya know why? Because that’s what moms do. Especially for this type of abuse.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Hot.As.Ice. said:

I think she's worse than the father and siblings. 

Have you seen the texts between her and Sam?

shes a sociopath 

I Mean, I’d say they are more or less as bad, but she being a colder sociopath and narcissist who is good at playing the role of “submissive, southern woman-victim-innocent”. Jamie is more bipolar alcoholic with Münchhaussen Syndrome by Proxy. He is more “out there” and visibly and loudly abusive. 

She pushed Britney to work out really hard as a small, small child and it was NOT Britney that appointed herself to all those classes and “pushed herself”. Having a cold, narcissistic mother, she was desperate for her love and she got approval from working hard from like 3 years old (!). I saw a documentary on YouTube with old interviews with some manager Britney had at 8 years old or something. She said that Britney had more or less hit the wall and was stressed out over being in the gym training all the time and doing so many competitions. 
Now, Lynne did NOT pull the breaks and said “Right, Time to go home and have a childhood”, no, that was when the manager manipulated Britney into think of other talents and when Britney replied “Well, I sing a little” and they had heard her, they knew she should sing and be a star.

Another sick thing is how Lynne refused to come and comfort Britney when she was having a hard time as a new mother and bullied to pieces by the media and paparazzi. Eventually she came because she only agreed to do a photo op and send the images of her hugging Britney to the tabloids..! 
Lynne is just as evil as Jamie but she sits back and let him do the dirty work in the spotlight. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, SlayOut said:

I think everyone in that family has a lot to answer to, and none of them are innocent.

I think both Lynne and Jamie were worried about Britney in 2008, and maybe Lynne thought that the initial temporary conservatorship was going to help Britney and be done as quickly as it was established. Obviously it didn’t work out that way…

I wonder how much Jamie’s violent antics affected Lynne’s ability or willingness to get involved. Maybe she feared Jamie as much as Britney does? And a few years into the conservatorship being made “permanent”, Jamie had already installed himself into every aspect of Britney’s businesses and estate, so maybe she felt like it would’ve been difficult to (legally) take the reigns from him.

I don’t know. She obviously hasn’t done things like filing a petition to terminate, and hasn’t motioned to have Jamie removed. But her involvement now is better than anyone else in the Spears family…

She’s definitely not innocent and her silence/inaction for years has costed Britney a lot. We’ll see how much her and her lawyers current advocacy will affect things.

I think both Jamie and Lynne were worried that Britney would cut ties with them financially, plus they were obsessed about controlling her as a possession and hated that she was forming an independence as an actual separate human being. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, SlayOut said:

I think everyone in that family has a lot to answer to, and none of them are innocent.

I think both Lynne and Jamie were worried about Britney in 2008, and maybe Lynne thought that the initial temporary conservatorship was going to help Britney and be done as quickly as it was established. Obviously it didn’t work out that way…

I wonder how much Jamie’s violent antics affected Lynne’s ability or willingness to get involved. Maybe she feared Jamie as much as Britney does? And a few years into the conservatorship being made “permanent”, Jamie had already installed himself into every aspect of Britney’s businesses and estate, so maybe she felt like it would’ve been difficult to (legally) take the reigns from him.

I don’t know. She obviously hasn’t done things like filing a petition to terminate, and hasn’t motioned to have Jamie removed. But her involvement now is better than anyone else in the Spears family…

She’s definitely not innocent and her silence/inaction for years has costed Britney a lot. We’ll see how much her and her lawyers current advocacy will affect things.

I have often wondered this. I'm not even going to PRETEND to be an expert on abusive relationships but I wonder if she's scared of him? Even though they've been divorced a long time, getting out of a horrible relationship like that has to take a permanent effect on you right? I'm not excusing her. I mean, she has a platform, she could speak up literally at anytime. It's really hard to know the motives of some of these people. I want to believe that she's on Britney's side, I mean, she's her MOTHER, but money does funny things to people...

26 minutes ago, KL4521 said:

I have often wondered this. I'm not even going to PRETEND to be an expert on abusive relationships but I wonder if she's scared of him? Even though they've been divorced a long time, getting out of a horrible relationship like that has to take a permanent effect on you right? I'm not excusing her. I mean, she has a platform, she could speak up literally at anytime. It's really hard to know the motives of some of these people. I want to believe that she's on Britney's side, I mean, she's her MOTHER, but money does funny things to people...

the fact Britney identified the abusive situation and fought so hard to take her mother away from it, only for her mother to force the abusive person in Britney's life boils my blood.

That's the problem. Britney obviously identified the problem - she convinced Lynne to divorce, she gave Lynne a mansion, cars, book deals. Britney never stopped taking care of her dad as well, but at a distance. Then Lynne comes and throws Britney hard work all away and the worst, she did not only throw the hard work away --- she threw away her trust and the guarantee of Britney's wellbeing.

• Love 5
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Applejack said:

the fact Britney identified the abusive situation and fought so hard to take her mother away from it, only for her mother to force the abusive person in Britney's life boils my blood.

That's the problem. Britney obviously identified the problem - she convinced Lynne to divorce, she gave Lynne a mansion, cars, book deals. Britney never stopped taking care of her dad as well, but at a distance. Then Lynne comes and throws Britney hard work all away and the worst, she did not only throw the hard work away --- she threw away her trust and the guarantee of Britney's wellbeing.

Absolutely this. It makes me sick Britney encouraged Lynne to leave Jamie because she wanted better for her mother than that abuser and then Lynne turns around and helps Jamie trap Britney forever. It’s unforgivable betrayal. And the stuff in the Ronan article about Lynne’s friend saying Lynne would just say ‘Just obey Daddy and they’ll let you go’ when Jamie was screaming and abusing Britney, despicable. Lynne is a complete failure and an atrocious mother. My empathy has run its course for her.

• Love 3

She’s seemed like a very selfish woman from the beginning.
Why would you let your young daughter travel all over the world with just a chaperone?

Yes she had 2 other kids but Bryan was an adult by that point and the kids have a father too. Jamie could have watched them or if she didn’t trust him, Fe could have. They’re at home safe while Britney was going all over the world with grown men telling her what to do, who knows what happened to her during that time? 

I’m not a mother but I would never allow that for my kids.

3 hours ago, Applejack said:

100%. And Britney was - apparently - incredibly angry once Lynne and Jamie got back together after the conservatorship's implementation. Can't say I blame her a single bit.

I remember reading in Britney: Inside the Dream about B using Serenity's deed to lure Lynne away from Jamie. I also remember reading articles on fan sites in 2002 just how happy Britney was that her parents were divorced - "the best thing." It was shocking because I'd always envisioned her having this perfect Southern family.

I had no idea what the next two decades would bring. Sometimes I feel like I'm watching a horror story.

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, WhatTheHellWhoCares? said:

She’s seemed like a very selfish woman from the beginning.
Why would you let your young daughter travel all over the world with just a chaperone?

Yes she had 2 other kids but Bryan was an adult by that point and the kids have a father too. Jamie could have watched them or if she didn’t trust him, Fe could have. They’re at home safe while Britney was going all over the world with grown men telling her what to do, who knows what happened to her during that time? 

I’m not a mother but I would never allow that for my kids.

I don't think that was bad reasoning on her part.

Bryan was starting his adult life, going to college.

Jamie, as we know, wasn't present.

Felicia was a responsible adult with whom Britney had a strong bond to.

JL was a little girl going to school.

6 minutes ago, Applejack said:

I don't think that was bad reasoning on her part.

Bryan was starting his adult life, going to college.

Jamie, as we know, wasn't present.

Felicia was a responsible adult with whom Britney had a strong bond to.

JL was a little girl going to school.

I know JL was a little girl, my point was she would be safer at home with Bryan/Jamie or even Fe taking care of her than Britney was at the time travelling all the time with the men in charge of her career.

Felicia is awesome but she is not Britney’s mother at the end of the day.

Just now, WhatTheHellWhoCares? said:

I know JL was a little girl, my point was she would be safer at home with Bryan/Jamie or even Fe taking care of her than Britney was at the time travelling all the time with the men in charge of her career.

Felicia is awesome but she is not Britney’s mother at the end of the day.

So you think it would be better reasoning to leave JL with absent-father Jamie or someone the little schoolgirl didn't know than Britney to travel for a little while with an adult she had a bond with?

Felicia was living in New York at the time. Bryan was a college student.