Why USA editions of Britney's albums always had less songs than international editions?

5 hours ago, HardToForgetYa said:

Well, luckily i'm from Italy and idk why we have more tracks but i'm glad we do, my "Britney" copy has 15 and i say it again 15 beautiful songs :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye: same with "In the Slay" 15 tracks "Oops! I Slayed Again" 15 tracks and "Slay One More Time" has... Drum rolls... 16 tracks :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

I think you are talking about the reissued versions of those four albums in 2005. The first issues released in Italy have the same tracklistings as the general EU versions. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

100% this! The bonus tracks were used to offset the higher price! I said were because in today’s world people buy most music digitally which doesn’t have to be imported and has pretty much the same price across the board. That’s why artists don’t always do international bonuses anymore. 

In the early 2010s I feel like 'deluxe editions' of albums with extra tracks more or less replaced international versions getting their own bonus tracks although Japan would still usually get a bonus track or two. In recent years due to streaming this hasn't been as prevalent anymore but I have noticed some artists are now including bonus tracks on physical CDs (which are becoming 'less common' in a way).

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Isla said:

In the early 2010s I feel like 'deluxe editions' of albums with extra tracks more or less replaced international versions getting their own bonus tracks although Japan would still usually get a bonus track or two. In recent years due to streaming this hasn't been as prevalent anymore but I have noticed some artists are now including bonus tracks on physical CDs (which are becoming 'less common' in a way).

That’s interesting! Could u name some artists who are putting more songs on Intl editions as of rn? That’s kinda cool 

• Love 1

To answer your question, it’s because many countries in Asia get physical releases much later most of the time. They are also much more expensive so they entice buyers into buying them by adding some bonus tracks 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

Same goes with "When Your Eyes Say It" which is a bonus track but was actually considered to be a single. It's rumoured she has made a music video for it. The track eventually became a bonus track.

"Get Back" was also considered to be a single, even considered as lead-single but "Gimme More" was chosen instead. The track was used for a Japan only bonus track.

When Your Eyes Say It wasn't a bonus track? It's on the standard edition of Oops.... and Get Back was also a bonus track on iTunes in most countries. 

6 minutes ago, Rik said:

That’s interesting! Could u name some artists who are putting more songs on Hyundai editions as of rn? That’s kinda cool 

Taylor Swift - The Lakes on Folklore and Right Where You Left Me/It's Time To Go on Evermore, although that doesn't mean much anymore as she has since rereleased both albums on streaming to include the bonus tracks. The Elvria remix of Love Story was also a physical bonus track on Fearless (Taylor's Version).

Lady Gaga - Love Me Right on Chromatica, as well as the piano demo of 1000 Doves and a remix of Stupid Love. The boxset physical edition of the album also included two remixes of Rain On Me and a remix of Free Woman.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Hungry Hun said:

Because RCA is the worst label and their strategies are old. It saddens me when I see a hot new artist signed with them, its a recepie for disaster. Somehow they think that makes the album sell more in some regions, that and having Standard vs Deluxe versions. In todays age those ideas just doesnt work. 

Tbf, it was mainly Britney's pre-RCA albums which had international bonus tracks.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Isla said:

Taylor Swift - The Lakes on Folklore and Right Where You Left Me/It's Time To Go on Evermore, although that doesn't mean much anymore as she has since rereleased both albums on streaming to include the bonus tracks. The Elvria remix of Love Story was also a physical bonus track on Fearless (Taylor's Version).

Lady Gaga - Love Me Right on Chromatica, as well as the piano demo of 1000 Doves and a remix of Stupid Love. The boxset physical edition of the album also included two remixes of Rain On Me and a remix of Free Woman.

Interesting 

well u know :yesokay_britney_blush_blink: tbh it doesn’t sound like it’s too many albums that do this but imagine More artists might do this now 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Rik said:

Interesting 

well u know :yesokay_britney_blush_blink: tbh it doesn’t sound like it’s too many albums that do this but imagine More artists might do this now 

Yeah that's what I was thinking. I think Katy Perry and Demi Lovato might have done this as well but not 100% sure, but as I brought Folklore/Evermore/Chromatica I know of those examples haha

• Like 1
12 hours ago, HardToForgetYa said:

Well, luckily i'm from Italy and idk why we have more tracks but i'm glad we do, my "Britney" copy has 15 and i say it again 15 beautiful songs :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye: same with "In the Slay" 15 tracks "Oops! I Slayed Again" 15 tracks and "Slay One More Time" has... Drum rolls... 16 tracks :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

Same with me! I always forget that other people don’t have the tracks! I’m from Britain but I wish they would add the Oops! bonus tracks like they did with BOMT

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Isla said:

When Your Eyes Say It wasn't a bonus track? It's on the standard edition of Oops.... and Get Back was also a bonus track on iTunes in most countries. 

Ah sorry I thought When Your Eyes Say It was a bonus track. 

As for Get Back...I don't believe it was for the USA?

14 hours ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

This I don't get...the bonus tracks (excluding Japan bonus tracks) of every album are on Spotify but the ones from Oops.

Wish they would add them...

There's quite a few bonus tracks from other albums missing as well. Amnesia was a bonus track on Circus in the UK but is not on Spotify here either.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, IForgotYouExisted said:

Ah sorry I thought When Your Eyes Say It was a bonus track. 

As for Get Back...I don't believe it was for the USA?

Possibly although it was available as a bonus track on Blackout on iTunes in the UK.

I *hate* this type of marketing. Wanting people to buy the same album several different times is just disrespectful to the fans. Not only do other countries get exclusives, but sometimes even within the US, certain stores get exclusives. Demi Lovato's newest album has like 3-4 different versions just in the US.