Taylor releases “the lakes” original version/ celebrates one year of folklore

One year ago today, Taylor surprise dropped her eighth studio album, folklore. Today, in celebration, she released the original version of the deluxe bonus track, “the lakes.”

Happy anniversary, folklore! Thanks for giving us an escape in the midst of the chaos. Thanks for letting us get lost in the memory while 2020 slipped away. Thanks for making us all feel like somber woodland creatures floating through a forest. We had a marvelous time.

• Love 3

I can't believe it's been a year already. This album gave me so much life. I love listening to it at nighttime so I can appreciate better all the intricate details in the production.

According to Stats for Spotify, these are the ones I've played most:

1. Cardigan

2. Exile

3. My Tears Ricochet

4. August

5. Illicit Affairs

• Love 6
  • Like 1

When I saw the post I thought yassss third album drops tonight! Well thank you Taylor for an amazing album that kept my sanity after 14 hours shifts not knowing when I would see my family again. It was a beacon of peace in very dark times and in spite of all, we had a marvellous time listening to it. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Adriannn said:

I can't believe it's been a year already. This album gave me so much life. I love listening to it at nighttime so I can appreciate better all the intricate details in the production.

According to Stats for Spotify, these are the ones I've played most:

1. Cardigan

2. Exile

3. My Tears Ricochet

4. August

5. Illicit Affairs

Where can I see the Spotify stats? Thanks.

Cannot believe it's been a year! I wasn't sure sure about the album on first listen but it grew on me so much and I really appreciate it now. I prefer Evermore but Folklore set the foundations for Taylor's new indie folk sound so well. I love the storytelling in a lot of the songs. I think my top 5 is (now at least):

1. My Tears Ricochet

2. Exile

3. The 1

4. August

5. Betty

The new version of The Lakes is gorgeous, but it's definitely a lot more 'pop' sounding than the version on the album so I can see why it wasn't used in the end. It reminds me of Wildest Dreams a bit.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Style. said:

I want auroras and sad prose. Jesus, thank you so much for this track Tay Tay!!!! I appreciate it and it helped me so much in the American literature class. :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

Ended Emily ****inson! :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing:

1 hour ago, thebritmaster said:

I can’t believe it’s been one year I feel like I’ve had this album forever :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: A cultural reset :urite_wendy_williams_red_yes_earrings_nod_proud_wow_impressed:

My top 5

1. Invisible string

2. Peace

3. Mirrorball

4. Cardigan

5. Seven 

OMG. An invisible string stan?! What a cute song! I love it so much! :yay_britney_excited_ftr_for_the_record_2008_cheering_clapping:

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block