This was a weird performance in my opinion... Just stylistically

46 minutes ago, Glittilicious said:

She was singing live so no way she could have done that with a more demanding choreography. She had to necessarily cut down on it to be able to keep up with the singing.

I don't see anything particularly bad in this to be honest. It's nice to hear her sing live!

Actually it's definitely pre-record, by the way ...that was the first choreo for MATM, she also did it at the Nightclub, Palms - Las Vegas performance, after the Vmas
she also had her microphone in her hand, and did breath on me instead of baby/slave.

it's amazing how she was all over the media, with milliones of perfomances on tv, and then... since 07' everytime she's going to do one it's like the world explodes, for us, the gp and for the media too. There's always nervous about the dancing (billboards 2016) oh god... how everything can change in life :crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad:

• Love 1

It's just kind of mediocre for me. If anyone else had done the same  performance nobody would have anything bad to say about it, but it was Britney at her peak, so the expectations are higher. :zoomzoom_britney_annoyed_irritated_blink:

Also for a second there I thought she was singing live and I was all like :wigsnatched_point_you_wow_yes_yas: until I realized it was pre-recorded vocals. :anxiety_pill_struggle_panic_ahh_bottle_Wendy_williams_shake_shaking:

6 hours ago, Strongest said:

I agree! This performance, although often praised with many views on YT, has always rubbed me the wrong way

I believe this was her first televised performance of the ITZ era (aside from the VMAs) and she was trying a new look, basically, that's goal was to depart from the last era's image. Especially since the charts had completely transitioned out of teen pop to more rock and hip hop influence

People in this thread already mentioned main differences, which had Britney holding her mic and had her play out a different gender / ***uality role in the performance, which to me, just didn't work for her

The Stronger AMA performance gives me the same vibes

Bottom line, it looked like they were trying too hard

She needs her iconic headset always :mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

On 7/24/2021 at 11:57 PM, Ritatdad said:

Guessing you haven't seen the ABC special since you think this Remix was an old version of Slave? 

Of course I have :)

Slave was my signature routine when I did Britney impersonation, and I used to perform the "Light that *** on fire" remix :)

This version IS older than that... It doesn't have "Now Watch Me" in it :)

The ABC performance was amazing!

On 7/24/2021 at 4:24 PM, Intheblue said:

I love this performance. 

fans at egforum had meltdowns  of how bad they thought this was. 

Lool long live egf forums (wasn’t it EFG?). I don’t remember the meltdown tho. I remember having the audio of this OG version of the song and tbh liking it more. I remember a lot of people wishing this version was the final one 

3 hours ago, Benjamyn said:

Of course I have :)

Slave was my signature routine when I did Britney impersonation, and I used to perform the "Light that *** on fire" remix :)

This version IS older than that... It doesn't have "Now Watch Me" in it :)

The ABC performance was amazing!

It's older than the ABC version but it's not an old version of the song. I'm guessing she was supposed to sing that part live because she sometimes did but she either forgot or didn't want to.

• Love 1