This was a weird performance in my opinion... Just stylistically

1 hour ago, britneyqueenn said:

This was a horrible performance.and Britney wasn't really into it ..it was really bad for primeney's standards

I'm not the biggest fan of this performance, never watch it, never recommend it to anyone, but it's good, you're definitely exeggerating by saying it's horrible lol

• Love 5
  • Haha 1

I watched this live (on the TV) in September 2003! I was in eighth grade and Britney was my everything. The performance was for some NFL event and the first time we heard MATM, ever. I recorded it on VHS and have it at my parents’ house somewhere!

I love it. WorldOfBritney.com was hyping us about the performance for weeks because we knew Britney would debuting a new song!

Many of us were happy with the pre-recorded vocals (instead of listening to the same ol' tired album vocals), light your *** on fire remix, flirting with her female dancers for a few seconds (the queer girl in me was SCREAMING), and how passionate she seemed about MATM. I don't agree that she wasn't feeling this!

• Love 3
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, GirlOnTheMoon said:

What’s really horrible and frankly quite tacky, is you calling her “primeney”, especially after knowing everything we now know.

honestly  I don't see anything wrong with calling her "primeney"  :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:.... it's just to refer to the young britney before 2007 :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

• Like 6

you do realize she wasn’t performing in an award show nor in a concert for her usual audience, right?

This was NFL playoff, so she kinda mixed things up a little to appease to the audience (mostly straight dudes); and I think she made it work overall 

• Like 3

I agree! This performance, although often praised with many views on YT, has always rubbed me the wrong way

I believe this was her first televised performance of the ITZ era (aside from the VMAs) and she was trying a new look, basically, that's goal was to depart from the last era's image. Especially since the charts had completely transitioned out of teen pop to more rock and hip hop influence

People in this thread already mentioned main differences, which had Britney holding her mic and had her play out a different gender / ***uality role in the performance, which to me, just didn't work for her

The Stronger AMA performance gives me the same vibes

Bottom line, it looked like they were trying too hard

• Love 1