"Britney" original tracklist had 9 songs written by her.

39 minutes ago, sunny_liston said:

Do we know why it was not only scrapped as a lead single but removed from the standard album altogether? 

I read there was conflicts between Jive and BT. Apparently the production on Before the Goodbye is unfinished too. 

• Love 1

Crossroads was an ep, sam goody sold it for 6.99. Unfortunately it's hard to find now, if you do it's expensive it's one of her two rare cds to get. The other one would be The McDonald's cd with NSYNC.

Crossroads was mainly a remix ep, and I guess Jive didn't think it was gonna sell, the movie was a modest success, still made more than glitter, but Britney did win worst actress with Madonna and I'm not a girl, not yet a woman won worst song at the 2003 Razzies. 

Kinda feel Paramount doesn't even like the film, only agreed to it, due to financial backing by MTV films. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Louis-j said:

I guess the original tracklist was suppose to be something like this :

1. "I'm a Slave 4 U"
  2. "She'll Never Be Me"*
  3. "Lonely"*
  4. "Baby Can't You See"*
  5. "Boys"
  6. "Anticipating"*
  7. "Bring Me Home"* (Interlude)
  8. "Am I A Sinner?"*
  9. "Let Me Be"*
  10. "When I Say So"*
  11. "That's Where You Take Me*
  12. "What It's Like to Be Me"
    • Bonus Tracks
  13. "When I Found You"
  14. "I Run Away"
  15. "Before the Goodbye"*
  16. "Intimidated"*

At the end of day, I think they did a good choice by adding "Overprotected", "I Love Rock 'n' Roll "and "I'm Not a Girl, Not a Girl" but "She'll Never Be Me" and "When I Say So" SHOULD HAVE BEEN on the tracklist. They could have scrapped "Bombastic Love" (one of my least favorites) and "Anticipating" (I used to love it when I was a kid for obvious reasons but it's not in any way showing her growth as an artist or can't considered a mature sound, which is the purpose of the album...)

My ideal tracklist would have been :

1. "I'm a Slave 4 U"
  2. "Overprotected"
  3. "I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman"
  4. "She'll Never Be Me"*
  5. "Lonely"*
  6. "Boys"
  7. "I Love Rock 'n' Roll"
  8. "Cinderella"
  9. "Let Me Be"*
  10. "When I Say So"*
  11. "That's Where You Take Me*
  12. "What It's Like to Be Me"
    • Bonus Tracks
  13. "When I Found You"
  14. "I Run Away"
  15. "Am I A Sinner?"*
  16. "Before the Goodbye"*
  17. "Intimidated"*

Um absolutely not to scrapping Anticipating! It’s one of her more unique songs sound wise with its Disco flare and you could tell Britney loved it! It’s actually in my opinion one of her best non singles! They should’ve scrapped ILRNR and made it a soundtrack only song! Before The Goodbye also deserved to be a standard track! 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Crossroads was an ep, sam goody sold it for 6.99. Unfortunately it's hard to find now, if you do it's expensive it's one of her two rare cds to get. The other one would be The McDonald's cd with NSYNC.

Crossroads was mainly a remix ep, and I guess Jive didn't think it was gonna sell, the movie was a modest success, still made more than glitter, but Britney did win worst actress with Madonna and I'm not a girl, not yet a woman won worst song at the 2003 Razzies. 

Kinda feel Paramount doesn't even like the film, only agreed to it, due to financial backing by MTV films. 

They should’ve just made the soundtrack a legit one because even though the movie wasn’t huge new Britney music would’ve sold very well at the time! Also Crossroads did relatively well honestly considering what it cost to make vs what it brought in.

I think what it really came down to was Jive was being cheap they didn’t want to spend the money releasing singles/videos from both Britney and Crossroads. 

PS I found that McDonalds EP for $2.99 at Goodwill 😁 

1 hour ago, Markthepop said:

Another infuriating fact. She is a bomb song writer. She is better than any song writer who has written for her. I’d like to see her a music producer and professional song writer in the future, owning and getting credit for everything. 

:jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek: Wb Britney Jean 

On 7/23/2021 at 9:35 PM, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

I remember reading this in a magazine somewhere that many songs off of ‘Britney‘ were scrapped in hopes of releasing them for the next album. They took out and replaced a lot of the more mature-sounding material by playing it more safe and teen-oriented. Because the sound of pop had shifted so rapidly then, demo tracks like ‘She’ll Never Be Me’, ‘Tell Me’, and ‘When I Say So’ were already out of trend by the time Britney was ready to record ‘In The Zone’, hence why they never came to light with an official release. It’s a shame because those songs were incredible and showcased a more independent side to Britney but due to just bad timing, they never worked out. 

Its crazy how fast pop music changed between those years if you think about it. :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green: Crazy years. After one or two years songs already could sound extremely dated. Would stress the **** out of me if i was a musician writer. :airpls_gaga_wheeze_eyes_wide_breathe_lady_lmao_lol_haha_hehe_omg_surprised_shocked: Was it because of the millennium change?