NY Times : Testing Britney Spears: Restoring Rights Can Be Rare and Difficult

Public and media outcry (NYT) and Free Britney fans is the only way to get Britney out of this. If it was just the system Britney would die in this. It’s not designed to let anyone walk out when they want it to end. It’s not voluntary in any meaning at all. 

If her lawyer can pressure the system enough I think she will be let out this year or early next. It’s clear the outcry is scaring the conservatorship business. They are against the reform. Hence the new bill was pushed back recently (by a group of CA lawyers) and the recently introduced “Free Act” is pro conservatorships. 
I think that’s why Britney’s lawyer anticipates Jamie to Step Down. Vivian will pull the plug before it incriminates herself. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

At this point, I don’t think Britney getting out is her biggest hurdle. Jamie messed it all

up when Andrew Wallet left.  

It will be her suing the people who put her in this and implementing real reform. Britney getting her revenge on the conservatorship system will be a huge fight. It’s a billion dollar industry and these lawyers don’t have a moral compass and politicians only care about money. 

4 minutes ago, ElectricPlatypusLove said:

IDK if this is off topic but I am concerned we are actually going to see a rise in conservatorship applications now that they've become general knowledge due to Britney's situation. I have a very dear friend in the hospital right now and her brother is LITERALLY saying he wants to get her put under a conservatorship...and I find it really scary. 

I’m the hospital for what??

Just now, jokobish said:

I’m the hospital for what??

R U sure you want to open the can of worms lol?

Well...it started as alcohol induced fatty liver disease. Unbeknownst to ANYONE who gives a damn about her, she had a severe alcohol addiction/dependency. So there was a physical problem where she became weak and collapsed and was hospitalized. During the course of this she has become intermittently (and mostly for a month now) completely disoriented. She doesn't know where she is, how she got there--who in her family is dead or alive. It has been shocking. We were told the disorientation was from ammonia going to her brain, and did our own research about the detox process..But now a month later she is considering medically stable but refusing to take any steps to get herself better. She's defecating on herself, being completely verbally abusive to hospital staff and family members..I am the only one she speaks calmly with but she still makes very little sense and refuses to explain why she isn't taking the steps to get her physical wellness back. She is undergoing psych evaluation now to determine if this is a problem with her brain, a condition, or some kind of psychological mind game--or a combination-it has been EXTREMELY draining. Add on top of this she is a multi millionaire, but not a celebrity, who has little to no family, and what little she does have she is not close to, and they are now resentfully in the position where they will be making her medical decisions if this psych test deems it necessary, and her brother is just going "conservatorship!" but we all know the longterm ramnifications of this--and she is in the state of California, LA County to boot!

“If she’s doing great, the system is working and should continue. If she is making choices others disagree with, then she’s unreliable and she needs the system.”

I don't like this sentence. Doing great, according to who? Her father, manager, doctors (who she doesn't trust and were probably paid off my jamie) and lawyer? Bc Jamie is monitoring her eating, friends, larry is getting her deals and contracts, but over working her, and the lawyers are "handling" the money? That's no way for a normal to live, it's an abuse of human rights. If you listen to her testimony you clearly hear it's not working in her best interests; just every one else's best interest.  Plus, so what if she makes choices others disagree with? She's an adult and can make those choice. This sentence sounds more like they are trying to control a person instead of helping them out and keeping their best interests at heart

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Prachi said:

I agree, what I sense from this article is that it's not gonna be an easy fight. 

Unfortunately I see there point with the court system and we have to be prepared for a less restrictive conservatorship. Maybe Fe will be the conservator?

2 hours ago, Barmy86 said:

Unfortunately I see there point with the court system and we have to be prepared for a less restrictive conservatorship. Maybe Fe will be the conservator?

Perhaps, first Jamie needs to go this whole C-ship in my opinion will not be terminated if Britney doesn't get an evaluation but I read in some cases this has happened but it depends upon the judge, this is a very high profile case and now whole world is watching so let's see what September brings us. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Rafael Fita said:

So, I think at some time Britney will be released from all that situation BUT it might be that Judge Penny chooses an alternative measure such as the text said... Also, I believe that it will help the fact that Britney is famous and we all love her, and there are people out there that have a voice that can help her! Again - BUT - at the same time I think anyone should be respected at their civil rights... 

Well, now this case has become a high profile case whole world is eyeing on this - Britney is definitely getting a lot of support and maybe Judge can feel the pressure but this is not a realistic point of view TBH, Britney case us highly mysterious and definitely a violation of civil rights. 

But, Jamie doesn't want this to end - this case and be terminated if no one contests it but sadly this is not the case with Britney - her father needs to be removed first and then I feel this thing will be terminated. 

5 minutes ago, osu24 said:

so she can be placed in a conservatorship without a mental  evaluation and be stripped of her rights but she has to take one to get out of it...:calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:

I think Jamie will be terminated, Mathew will put on a good fight. 

50 minutes ago, Prachi said:

We all know this, and I think Mathew will be able to prove this but it still doesn't take away the fact that Britney needs to prove herself at capacity. 

I think Matthew will get Britney free from the c-ship without an evaluation. Because the amount of corruption in this case is immense, everyone is on the line. They don't have the luxury to ask for an evaluation at this point, everyone is trying to save their a-s-s-es. This is my opinion. 

• Like 2