NY Times : Testing Britney Spears: Restoring Rights Can Be Rare and Difficult

Just now, BreatheForBritney said:

I still don't understand why Britney basically got jailed for no ******* reason. If this is truly to help her, she should be able to get out whenever the **** she wants, no questions asked. This is so stupid. People in prison has more rights than her.

I read a lot of this whole C-ship charade and it's worse than we are thinking. 

• Like 2

Stupid article. She might not be in a perfect state of mind but she should be freed anyway. If she want to burn in flames her $ 60 million, its HER money and HER life and it would be better than spendind in Jamie’s lawyers and Juno’s condos.

remember we live in a world where kanye west and shia labeouf run free whereas our girl is trapped.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Easy There said:

So  a person with bipolar and schizophrenia was released.

I doubt Britney has smth as serious as that.

That's what made me rub, I read this article twice and Britney might have issues but not as big this person did - I feel this truly depends upon the judge. 

As now Britney has her own legal counsel, let's see what happens but this law is fraud AF

• Like 1
1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

I agree, but that's what the article explains.

The reason why it's hard to get her freedom back, it's because all of her achievements aren't necessarily prove of her capacity, at least not in a legal way. It is for all of us of course, but the law is so ambiguous and the system is so broken, that it's precisely why they've been able to get away with all of this for so long. I mean, the judge herself had to approve her gigs, the same judge that made the conservatorship permanent. 

It's not gonna be as simple as come and say, here, she did this and that, and recorded these albums, and toured all these times, because for the law, that's not enough evidence from a legal perspective. 

However, just like they twisted the law to put her in, Mathew's job is gonna be to twist it in her favor. For example, the article says a judge will most likely hear the report of an expert evaluation, but is not obligated to follow its conclusion. And Rosengart could somehow take all the things Britney's done, and translate them to fit or fight back whatever reasons they have to have her under the conservatorship. As in, ok, touring the world is not evidence in itself, but her doing this and that means she's not prone to undue influence, or this proves she has the capacity to make the right decisions, etc.

Another important point is a case they mention of a doctor that had schizophrenia and bipolar, and was able to escape the conservatorship and work as a doctor under supervision afterwards, so there's hope whatever the mysterious medical record says about Britney.

And this is me, but I think another key point for Mathew, rather than prove if she needs the conservatorship now, is to prove she didn't need it in the first place and that the process was not under the legal frame. 

100% 💪🏻😎

51 minutes ago, Arthurfleck said:

Stupid article. She might not be in a perfect state of mind but she should be freed anyway. If she want to burn in flames her $ 60 million, its HER money and HER life and it would be better than spendind in Jamie’s lawyers and Juno’s condos.

remember we live in a world where kanye west and shia labeouf run free whereas our girl is trapped.

they are not saying she shouldn't be free or that she won't be freed, they're explaining why the California system has allowed this to happen in the first place, and what are gonna be the obstacles for her to achieve the freedom, because it's not as simple to prove, because of how lame the system is 

• Like 6

Well, America is a country where they put the dollar first. They spend trillions of dollars for wars on the other end of the world to steal their resources, yet don’t provide universal health care. Everything is corrupt. No wonder why they have laws to steal from its citizens.

And NO, Britney doesn’t have a ‘serious, unexplainable’ situation. IT’s a F-ING LIE THEY HAVE BEEN TELLING. She was released in 24 hours when she was taken to the hospital the first time and the diagnosis was ‘stress’ and then they’ve found corrupt doctors & law makers to lock her up.

Do not add to this false narrative that ‘she might have something so serious’. They’ve tricked everyone with this lie for 13 years. It’s enough!

• Love 4
  • Like 5
2 hours ago, KrisJ said:

Sorry - I don’t need long essays from the NYT (not a dig at you original poster - just saying in general) 

Britney was Illegally put into this CONservatorship, she has been stripped of her basic human nights and self respect for 13 years, she has worked and released 4 albums/done 3 tours/done hundreds of Vegas shows/multiple TV shows and it’s ******* time to let her out.

Neither Britney, her fans or her highly successful lawyer are interested in anything else but her being immideately released and the corrupt legal system and dozens of ******* SCUM who have destroyed her life and dreams to be thrown in Jail.

:rihclap_rihanna_clapping_applause_yes_yas: 

CASE. CLOSED.

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

they are not saying she shouldn't be free or that she won't be freed, they're explaining why the California system has allowed this to happen in the first place, and what are gonna be the obstacles for her to achieve the freedom, because it's not as simple to prove, because of how lame the system is 

Exactly...Closing the eyes to reality won't eliminate treality.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Watch Me Work It said:

"Again, it makes no sense whatsoever for the state of California to sit back and literally watch me with their own two eyes, make a living for so many people, and pay so many people, trucks and buses on the road with me and be told, I’m not good enough."

The system is trash, wbk. I hope Rosengart can end this quickly as possible :trash_throw_away_recycle:

I hope so, but this article puts some realistic lights into this matter - as Britney has said no to evaluation, without a mental capacity check up I don't know what will happen maybe as Mathew has come into the picture - she will take it now, this all truly depends upon the judge thats what rubs me the most we all know how judges can be bribed.

• Like 1

Records detailing grounds for the petition from Ms. Spears’s father, Jamie Spears, to become his daughter’s conservator are sealed. 

I thought we saw the court docs for this, no? The one that has the box checked for "dementia"?

Who performs the psychological assessment?

Ideally, a forensic psychiatrist or a psychologist with expertise in neuropsychological assessments. But some states just specify “physician.” 

I wonder what requirements are for California. I also wonder if there are any regulations around the number of evaluations a person can undergo. Didn't Britney get evaluated by 2-3 doctors before one finally agreed to say she needed the conservatorship? And that doctor eventually said he didn't agree that it should be permanent. 

Ms. Spears has not been able to choose her evaluators in the past because the conservator has the power to make those decisions. However, if she moves to dissolve the conservatorship, she can select the evaluator, to help build her case. If the conservator, her father, opposes her petition and objects to her selection, he could nominate a candidate to perform an additional assessment. Ms. Spears would likely pick up both tabs as costs of the conservatorship.

To avoid a bitter battle of experts and the appearance that an assessor hired by either camp would be inherently biased — plus the strain of two evaluations on Ms. Spears — the judge could try to get both sides to agree to an independent, court-appointed doctor.

This is so messed up. I wouldn't trust the "independent, court-appointed doctor" for a second. Ingham was court-appointed and biased as hell. Everyone in the system is incentivized to get more conservatees and keep them conserved. That's how they profit.

“Judges are haunted by people they have had in front of them who have been released and disaster happens,” said Victoria Haneman, a trusts and estates law professor at Creighton University. “So they take a conservative approach to freedom.”

I'm curious to know what these disasters are and how commonly they actually occur after a conservatorship is dissolved. This just sounds like an excuse for judges to deny conservatees' freedom.

Describing the Kafkaesque conundrum of conservatorship, Zoe Brennan-Krohn, a disabilities rights lawyer with the American Civil Liberties Union, said: “If she’s doing great, the system is working and should continue. If she is making choices others disagree with, then she’s unreliable and she needs the system.”

This 1000%. Not to get into the issue of her IG, but it doesn't matter how stable or unstable she looks to the public. Team Con can argue in favor of the conservatorship either way. I'm afraid that's what their angle will be in September--either that she's too unstable to dissolve the conservatorship, or she's doing so well that the conservatorship is working. Conservatees are trapped in a catch 22, and that's not fair.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Conservatorship can end without evaluations if no contest it. This is why pushing Jamie out is crucial. Jamie is the cornerstone of this; if he goes, everyone else can be removed. Managers, businesses etc.

KFed won't kick up a fuss if Jamie goes because he'll out himself as involved or having knowledge of the situation ie. Threatening forensic investigations if he didn't get an increase.

Ultimately, Rosengart needs to make sure he has enough information to make Jamie jump ship fast.

• Like 2