Lucky - Ballad Remix in Vegas, another clue about the conservatorship?

Random thought as I now listen to Britney's songs in a whole different light with all of the information we've been getting about her situation for the past 13 years. While Lucky wasn't recorded during any of this and Britney didn't write it, the obvious theme of the song is about a star who seems to have it all but is pretty miserable. We all know Britney stopped performing the song pretty much after the DWAD Tour so why bring it back for Vegas? Sure it was always supposed to be a "greatest hits show" but she had plenty of hits to choose from. Do we think she was ok with finally performing it again as a ballad to maybe give at least some insight into her situation or am i reaching? Not that we will ever really know but it is something I think about (feel free to ignore my rambling :cuteidk_britney_excited_laugh_yes_yas_happy_smile:).

• Love 1
Just now, Danielle1987 said:

Do we know if she was in charge of her set list, at all?

that's another thing, based on her recent comments it sounds like a lot of decisions were made for her but do we think her team would be like o we gotta do a lucky ballad! i just can't see that. i feel like if anything they pushed for Lucky, she was against it, and then maybe was like actually fine ill do it as a ballad then.

Based on Britney’s Instagram post, she didn’t have a choice or a voice in choosing the songs she wanted to perform…So whether she chose to perform it or team con made her perform it for some kind of ******ic reason (like Britney said, her father enjoyed abusing her) we can’t know for sure.

• Super Mods

She couldn’t even get her favorite song Alien on the set list, she only got to perform it for a few shows. Even thinking it was gonna be a single. Same thing with He About To Lose Me. It seems when she likes something, they are more motivated to act the opposite. I feel Larry had the control and just put it in there cuz it was a hit and better serves the nostalgia arch with the residency. 

2 hours ago, Puppy said:

She couldn’t even get her favorite song Alien on the set list, she only got to perform it for a few shows. Even thinking it was gonna be a single. Same thing with He About To Lose Me. It seems when she likes something, they are more motivated to act the opposite. I feel Larry had the control and just put it in there cuz it was a hit and better serves the nostalgia arch with the residency. 

ya i definitely dont think she necessarily picked the song, i think Larry was like you're doing Lucky whether you want to or not. Im just thinking she mightve had some input with making it a ballad but who knows

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
2 hours ago, asitalian12587 said:

ya i definitely dont think she necessarily picked the song, i think Larry was like you're doing Lucky whether you want to or not. Im just thinking she mightve had some input with making it a ballad but who knows

Oh ok, yeah seeing as she doesn’t like performing Oops and Crazy it’s like a classic that she can’t ignore. 

I don’t think she thinks that deeply but probably more concerned about making it fresh for her to perform so it makes sense to go the opposite direction of the original upbeat sound. Who knows though as it is in the circus section and seeing as her life is like a circus animal mirroring the sad lyrics of Lucky as I remember making it a ballad really does highlight how sad the lyrics really are.