Lil Nas X shares the uncensored version of the "Industry Baby" music video

On 7/24/2021 at 2:17 AM, dr35 said:

I must be the only person in the gay community right now that just isn't into this. Loved 'Montero', and I think the bold representation is great, but it's 3 videos back to back with the same blatant ***uality. I guess I was hoping someone in the powerful position that Nas X is in right now, would take the opportunity to also produce something with some depth. 

I'm definitely not hating, and I've got respect for the fun he's having, and what it means to young kids that never got to see their fantasies or desire represented. I guess I'm just an old gay now, and I'd love to see something groundbreaking

So "Sun Goes Down" being about feeling suicical due to being gay isn't deep or serious enough for you? What exactly do you want him to sing about?

• Like 2
On 7/24/2021 at 2:46 AM, Danielle1987 said:

MTE. Vulgarity does not equal edginess or artistic integrity...it’s just vapid & boring. Some depth & growth would be nice.

(& yes it’s possible to have depth & growth in pop music - it doesn’t all have to be shallow)

i had a lot of hope for him!

So "Sun Goes Down" being about feeling suicical due to being gay isn't deep or serious enough for you? What exactly do you want him to sing about?

On 7/26/2021 at 4:57 AM, IUSM said:

That's actually already a lot brought to the table. You do not see many gay rappers doing this well while fully embracing their queerness.

What is it exactly that you think he SHOULD be bringing to the table? It's POP MUSIC. And he's killing it.

On 7/26/2021 at 10:27 AM, Itscuzim31 said:

My point is don’t become a one-trick pony. His earlier visuals and performances were just as thought out and eye catching. Now it’s all about riding the wave of controversy that came from the call me by your name video. It’s not “you can be gay but don’t show it to anybody” it’s “you have more to offer than Pigeonholing yourself as the flamboyant rapper just because it gets you press” 

Why are you even in this thread if you're so against him?

On 7/25/2021 at 8:05 AM, Itscuzim31 said:

We get it , you’re gay. What else are you bringing to the table bb?

I don't like him, but i'm 99% sure that if instead of guys there were girls, that comment of yours wouldn't have existed :inbed_ahs_hotel_sarah_paulson_grin_smirk_cackle_bed_reading_phone:

yeah, this MV is very s3xualized, just like... 80% of rap MVs, and 70% of Britney's :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink: 

lil nas X dancing with naked male in a prison is: "hey imma show you I'm gay"

ok. Britney Spears **** in S4U is: "hey imma show you I'm straight" :inbed_ahs_hotel_sarah_paulson_grin_smirk_cackle_bed_reading_phone: 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
On 7/23/2021 at 4:20 PM, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

He’s trying so hard to be a main pop girl :roxxy: him and Todrick Hall doing the most 

is that a bad thing? Both really want to get the views, and get to the charts. At least they are keeping it more interesting in the video department than most pop male girls, that just do the minimum effort. I prefer Lil NasX being outside of the classic comfort zone, all feminine, queer, and strong, and just different than the norm, even if it is perceived as "he is trying to hard"

For example, I like these two songs, but their videos are................ just plain karaoke screens, I wished they would have done something else

• Like 1
6 hours ago, jonjon2000 said:

is that a bad thing? Both really want to get the views, and get to the charts. At least they are keeping it more interesting in the video department than most pop male girls, that just do the minimum effort. I prefer Lil NasX being outside of the classic comfort zone, all feminine, queer, and strong, and just different than the norm, even if it is perceived as "he is trying to hard"

For example, I like these two songs, but their videos are................ just plain karaoke screens, I wished they would have done something else

Yes it’s a bad thing because it’s desperate. You even said both just want to get the views. Dancing in the shower naked when there’s constant jokes about not dropping the soap in jail because you’re going to get **** is vulgar. Todrick’s NHHH video was feminine AF but was still a better video than his last one. People don’t need to be full on nude in a music video. There are ways to go about doing that without being completely tacky. Britney in Toxic and Beyonce in Partition are examples where being nude is artful and not just for views 

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, do the thing said:

I don't like him, but i'm 99% sure that if instead of guys there were girls, that comment of yours wouldn't have existed :inbed_ahs_hotel_sarah_paulson_grin_smirk_cackle_bed_reading_phone:

yeah, this MV is very s3xualized, just like... 80% of rap MVs, and 70% of Britney's :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink: 

lil nas X dancing with naked male in a prison is: "hey imma show you I'm gay"

ok. Britney Spears **** in S4U is: "hey imma show you I'm straight" :inbed_ahs_hotel_sarah_paulson_grin_smirk_cackle_bed_reading_phone: 

****** are by definition not straight or gay… a holes a hole babe. 

and don’t bring Britney into this. Sweet Angel doesn’t need to be lumped in with this trash 

12 hours ago, Gayseus911 said:

For the fifth time I'm doing wonderful boo 😘 why are you so worried about my well being? Are you trying to place me in a conservatorship against my will? 

I'm actually concerned about the kids on this forum that might read your comments. :juggingu_britney_hat_meme_neyde:

It's the mommy in me speaking, I guess. :orangu_orangutan_ape: Glad to know you're ok. And to respond to your question, it depends. Are you broke a$s or a living legend ? :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Louis-j said:

I'm actually concerned about the kids on this forum that might read your comments. :juggingu_britney_hat_meme_neyde:

It's the mommy in me speaking, I guess. :orangu_orangutan_ape: Glad to know you're ok. And to respond to your question, it depends. Are you broke a$s or a living legend ? :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

I'm a living legend you can look but can't touch 

tumblr_m5a06zIyxF1qkh06wo1_r2_500.gifv

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block