BTS Smashes Katy Perry’s 11-Year Billboard Record With “Permission To Dance”

BTS Smashes Katy Perry’s 11-Year Billboard Record With “Permission To Dance” SZE68qZ65bpwcFT4ansDinx_DVwwkHa7ef-QgIDA

For BTS, the sky’s the limit and they are soaring higher with each new single!

4EA0h3SCHHEai4ig18tOr55tUmI7JpMXLfiIF7tgawR_XoSTu8Poj2n1yXyK_KlHUTGbxTvNRFTQxv2KbW5LDX6QBvNXx7CzaiiODKAYQ1biFPOf=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365 BTS in “Permission to Dance” MV | HYBE Labels/Youtube

After seven consecutive weeks at No. 1 on Billboard‘s Hot 100 chart, BTS‘s “Butter” passed the crown to “Permission to Dance” and dropped to No.7. Now, “Permission to Dance” is the Hot 100 king and “Butter” is reigning over the No.1 spot on the Songs of the Summer chart.

fp0-yyP4pammwAw3o2q-ze4n1_KCBVBQOG1jMqSlCTuzJfWLBpBJo5L0Vm_5VyRMCH67mAA0xZCzmrYpZWCrP_-nZ4NkXRrFH2nQ7vbxSUL7JFI=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365 BTS in “Butter” MV | HYBE Labels/Youtube

According to Billboard, this “double coronation” is rarely achieved. In fact, no artist has held simultaneous No.1s on the Hot 100 and Songs of the Summer charts in almost 11 years. The last artist to do it was Katy Perry, back in 2010.

Y3G7z3MdI58bnoov7yUQHrZxxiB5lvmcGzTv7zlE_83uAmItXFmcUqOzFCyu-nQB-qQJU2_lh07US5khrKcp_fzaWpwxLhQXahwAJHE38KWRCg=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365 Katy Perry in “California Gurls” MV

In 2010, Katy Perry’s song “California Gurls” was crowned queen of the Songs of the Summer chart while “Teenage Dream” ruled over the Hot 100 chart.

Congrats, BTS!

https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/6-members-astro-participated-in-creation-newest-mini-album-switch/

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2

Well, BTS is a very hardworking band I've seen them live because my niece is a super fan :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

I was the oldest in the crowd, and I am 27 :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

This Jimin guy is heck of a dancer, but the way they are promoting this mass buying is such a desperate attempt they will be forgotten actually as a matter of fact their songs are hardly listened by the GP I don't know how they are breaking records. 

When Katy came with TD - this album was everywhere. 

• Love 2
  • Like 4
24 minutes ago, Greg_del said:

But literally, nobody can name or sing their songs… like wtf?! I haven’t even heard Butter or Permission to dance ONE SINGLE TIME. Their fans are ********

I agree

but at the same time I think that's just a consequence of current times. As I've said in other threads, the charts are very irrelevant these days because of the way we consume music. Back in the day you had to watch MTV, or listen to the radio, and you would catch your favorite artists and songs, but you also had to watch everything else whether you like it or not. So you could know that a certain artist was very popular, even if you loathed them because you couldn't escape their music.

But these days, with streaming, you can just go and listen to only what you like. You can listen to someone that only has a few thousand streams, but you like it and that's fine, and another artist can have billions of streams or sales, but if it's not your thing you can be completely oblivious to their popularity and their music will pass completely unnoticed to you.

In my case, I haven't heard those BTS songs either, but I also can't name a single song by Drake and he supposedly has had over 100 songs in the chart, same as Justin Bieber (from whom I can only name a few songs counted by hand). And if I check the whole Billboard Hot 100, I probably wont' recognize any song there, and many of the artists.

• Love 5
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
20 hours ago, Stefani said:

This is some consolation prize, bronze medal type "record". I wonder how long it took Billboard's interns to dust off their old files and come up with that achievement to praise BoTS for. :billie_eilish_green_chuckle_cackle_lol_lmao_haha_hehe_laugh:

Also the fact that Butter dropped 6 spots after BoTS new song came out just proves that their fans stopped mass streaming/buying Butter in favor of the new song. They couldn't even be subtle about it. 

Bots? lol

World wide stadium tour full of bots lol

27d077a2ecd577a877ba62d491f7e4b4.giftenor.gif?itemid=12869953

natepann_temp159392500848363855572740688BTS-concerts-4.gif

jealous music video GIF

• Love 5
  • Haha 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block