"Stoned at the Nail Salon" by Lorde is out now!

The 2nd single from Lorde's highly-anticipated 3rd studio album Solar Power has been released, and it's titled Stoned at the Nail Salon:

You can definitely tell that it's a Jack Antonoff track. I never understood the comparisons between Lorde and Lana Del Rey, but this new track is giving me modern Lana, tbh. I suppose that's what happens when so many industry-leading artistes try to have Jack all to themselves (Lana, Lorde, Taylor, Carly, and so on). :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree: I like it a lot. This new era has been a vibe. If you only care about bops, then this song is definitely not for you. :byesmoke_tiffany_miss_ms_ny_new_york_sitting_smoking_cigarette:

• Haha 1

Lana called and she wants her song back. Jack Antonoff is trash. Lorde needs to dump his a.ss. His songs all sound the same and are dated. He was good up until 2017. Taylor knew this and made him rework a lot of songs on Folklore and Evermore. Folklore already sounds dated. Evermore is holding up though. Lorde needs to scrap this album if the rest of the songs sound anything like her first two singles.

• Love 4
  • Like 2
57 minutes ago, Body ache said:

Lana called and she wants her song back. Jack Antonoff is trash. Lorde needs to dump his a.ss. His songs all sound the same and are dated. He was good up until 2017. Taylor knew this and made him rework a lot of songs on Folklore and Evermore. Folklore already sounds dated. Evermore is holding up though. Lorde needs to scrap this album if the rest of the songs sound anything like her first two singles.

I agree that it sounds like a modern Lana track, but I still like it. I've never understood the problem with "dated" songs. In my humble opinion, if a song is good, it's good. The only type of dated production I can't stand is tropical house and early 2010s EDM. :overitkbye_britney_annoyed_leave_leaving_goodbye_blue:

• Love 2
  • Haha 3
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, Body ache said:

That is absolutely not a producer works, I am a musician artists like Taylor and Lorde have full creative control over their work - what producer is giving them is completely their thinking and work magnet. 

A producer works according to your vision, Taylor Forklore sounds dated because it's more of a story telling album same for Lana new COTCC - a producer gives you ideas he doesn't impose them. 

It's an artist vision in the end. 

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, I Always Sing Live said:

I agree that it sounds like a modern Lana track, but I still like it. I've never understood the problem with "dated" songs. In my humble opinion, if a song is good, it's good. The only type of dated production I can't stand is tropical house and early 2010s EDM. :overitkbye_britney_annoyed_leave_leaving_goodbye_blue:

I'm just so over Jack Antonoff. His songs are good, but they all sound way too similar. He can't go out of his zone and makes many artists sound way too generic than they are. "Stoned" sounds like it could belong to Melodrama. There's no progress.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, I Always Sing Live said:

YOU SAID IT. :overitkbye_britney_annoyed_leave_leaving_goodbye_blue:

• Haha 1
19 hours ago, I Always Sing Live said:

The 2nd single from Lorde's highly-anticipated 3rd studio album Solar Power has been released, and it's titled Stoned at the Nail Salon:

You can definitely tell that it's a Jack Antonoff track. I never understood the comparisons between Lorde and Lana Del Rey, but this new track is giving me modern Lana, tbh. I suppose that's what happens when so many industry-leading artistes try to have Jack all to themselves (Lana, Lorde, Taylor, Carly, and so on). :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree: I like it a lot. This new era has been a vibe. If you only care about bops, then this song is definitely not for you. :byesmoke_tiffany_miss_ms_ny_new_york_sitting_smoking_cigarette:

How can one compare lorde to lana , lorde can sing lana can mumble 

18 hours ago, Prachi said:

That is absolutely not a producer works, I am a musician artists like Taylor and Lorde have full creative control over their work - what producer is giving them is completely their thinking and work magnet. 

A producer works according to your vision, Taylor Forklore sounds dated because it's more of a story telling album same for Lana new COTCC - a producer gives you ideas he doesn't impose them. 

It's an artist vision in the end. 

But you still tell the difference between different producer though.
The problem with JA is that his songs sound a lot alike now.
A producer style, in a good way can be like Max Martin, become a winning formula; in a bad way could bury a singer.
You need to have a strong enough persona or as-distinguished style to withstand these ace producer.

Lorde, on the other hand, is more talented in lyrics than composing to me.
Her songs are not that melodic sometimes.
In her case, the producer would probably has a bigger role in the whole crafting.

• Love 3

I love it, but it does sound EXACTLY like Lana's "Wild at Heart", which was already borrowing instrumentals/melody from Lana's previous "How to Disappear" on NFR. 

WTF? :huh_britney_confused_what_2003_itz_zone_in_the:

Maybe they do it on purpose? Like he gives similar tracks to the girls like homework assignments and everyone does their own song over it ? 

We def need an explanation at this point.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block