And the Next Max Martin-produced Album...: Music of the Spheres by Coldplay

Coldplay just announced that their ninth studio album, Music of the Spheres, will drop October 15 and is executive produced by pop legend Max Martin, whom the band called "a true wonder of the universe". The artwork and imagery of this era is VERY Chromatica to me :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink: so maybe Maxy never left that universe... Thoughts?

I really haven't listened to Coldplay after high school (during the Mylo Xyloto era with the Rihanna bop), but I've always appreciated their message and live performances. The first single, "Higher Power", is all right. But it leaves me feeling a little underwhelmed like Lorde's "Solar Power". Maybe record labels are struggling to find lead singles that will connect with everyone. Oftentimes, I feel as though they end up connecting with no one except the die-hards. This is why deep cuts are usually/always my favorite on a big pop album like this. 

At the end of the day, alternative songs with deeper meanings just cannot compete with s**, wap, and *** on the radio. But I'm excited for new Max Martin music in 2021.

• Love 2
  • 2 months later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block