Britney Global Power - worldwide phenomenon

So, I've been thinking about this a lot and would like thoughts on this from fellow fans Britney as compared to her peers like J.Lo, Beyonce or Christina how would you see Britney in terms of fame. 

In my country (India) Britney songs are still played in clubs, gyms etc but would like to have an opinion as I feel somehow Christina has been faded away maybe because her break between in albums. 

I also feel Britney is the last huge Pop star world has witnessed, somehow I feel GaGa and Justin Bieber are close. 

MJ cannot be compared I am sure he's way more famous than Britney but I feel Madonna and Britney holds the same power so does Mariah Carey maybe? 

Let me know what you guys think. 

britney is a legendary artist, her level of fame can only be compared to mj's, madonna's, and maybe beyonce's. 

mariah is a legend too, but i was shocked when my classmates from high school didn't know who she was. at least in my country, for those born after 1990, mariah is not that well known, but everybody knows who britney spears is. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
10 minutes ago, ElenaB said:

britney is a legendary artist, her level of fame can only be compared to mj's, madonna's, and maybe beyonce's. 

mariah is a legend too, but i was shocked when my classmates from high school didn't know who she was. at least in my country, for those born after 1990, mariah is not that well known, but everybody knows who britney spears is. 

I think Beyonce is a very interesting artists as she ain't a global power but still known quite - I feel Beyonce is huge in Western Hemisphere but in Asia not so much! 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, ElenaB said:

Yeah same, Mariah is not known as compared to Madonna as she was so huge back then. 

• Love 1

Britney is on the same level as Michael Jackson...

I.e. there will NEVER be someone that even comes close to the impact they have had on the industry.

I don't even think Madonna has.

Also... I think if she DOES release a new album ever, it will go crazy after the whole world has seen what she has been through. 
A lot of people forgot about her, now the majority of people are rooting for her even if they didn't like her before! :)

• Love 3

I think Britney is a worldwide star. I’m originally from Venezuela, and we used to go to a beach a lot when I was little and to get to that town you had to drive through one of the poorest and most rural areas of the state and I remember seeing houses with graffiti’s of Britney. I don’t think there’s a place in the world where people don’t know her name - no matter what generation they’re from.

Christina is also a world recognized name but I think that worldwide recognition is only within the people of that generation. Now, of course she has fans across all generations, but I think only people that were young or teens during her rise to stardom recognize her globally - Other than that, her fame is bound to the people that listen to her, whether with Britney, even non fans from across the globe recognizes her.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
15 minutes ago, Benjamyn said:

Britney is on the same level as Michael Jackson...

I.e. there will NEVER be someone that even comes close to the impact they have had on the industry.

This tbh! I stan them both and it's also pretty crazy how not only their level of fame is similar, but also their personal life is similar... :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad: And the fact that they're both surrounded by greedy people, people that would love to see them dead and get their money (unfortunately with Mike this is exactly what happened) it's mind blowing... :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

P.S. Stan both for cleaner, softer and overall better skin :barbie_hair_flip_hairflip_weave_proud_cocky:

• Love 2

Everyone knows Britney Spears , where ever you go. Prior to the #FreeBritney movement, people were divided on her " state of mind" which was ok given the narrative we were fed. But since her testimony and everything, people are rooting for her. Here in the UK, even at my work where the oldest staff ( 75yo and she is a huge Beyonce fan) and the youngest ( 15yo) , they all know Britney and sing along to any Britney songs that we play in the kitchen. 

Whereas , I put Beyonce's Hold Up and Formation on the other day and they were like " Did not know Beyonce had a new music out". Especially the Beyonce fans.

That's the testament of Britney's global star power. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, BigDadyy said:

Everyone knows Britney Spears , where ever you go. Prior to the #FreeBritney movement, people were divided on her " state of mind" which was ok given the narrative we were fed. But since her testimony and everything, people are rooting for her. Here in the UK, even at my work where the oldest staff ( 75yo and she is a huge Beyonce fan) and the youngest ( 15yo) , they all know Britney and sing along to any Britney songs that we play in the kitchen. 

Whereas , I put Beyonce's Hold Up and Formation on the other day and they were like " Did not know Beyonce had a new music out". Especially the Beyonce fans.

That's the testament of Britney's global star power. 

Hmmm, Britney is quite huge IMO. 

4 hours ago, Benjamyn said:

I kinda feel like...

You know, people even dress up as Britney as a halloween costume...

I've never heard of someone dressing up as beyonce or mariah or jlo? 

Maybe madonna... 

I remember this, when she came around every kid like me use to dress in oops costume man she really made some iconic moments. 

A lot of people still dress up like her :wink_britney_everytime_white:

Britney was huge in South East Asia, almost MJ level.

I like to test how big an artist is by seeing if people above the age of 50 know about them :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

A lot of people above 50 don't speak English there but if they do, from what I've gathered, they have definitely have heard of Britney and MJ. Those from the younger generation have of course heard of a lot of artist, but I am considering people at my parents/grandparents generation.

From my experience, the only other artists/groups that older people MIGHT have heard of are Elvis Presly, Justin bieber, Backstreet boys, Celine dion (Titanic was massive), and now korean acts like Big Bang and BTS are everywhere. It has also got a lot to do with whether the artist's names are catchy to a non-native english speaker (For example, I'd say Beyonce is pretty hard to pronounce or remember for us)

This is just my experience, I could be totally off.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, CrazyKindaGurl said:

Britney was huge in South East Asia, almost MJ level.

I like to test how big an artist is by seeing if people above the age of 50 know about them :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

A lot of people above 50 don't speak English there but if they do, from what I've gathered, they have definitely have heard of Britney and MJ. Those from the younger generation have of course heard of a lot of artist, but I am considering people at my parents/grandparents generation.

From my experience, the only other artists/groups that older people MIGHT have heard of are Elvis Presly, Justin bieber, Backstreet boys, Celine dion (Titanic was massive), and now korean acts like Big Bang and BTS are everywhere. It has also got a lot to do with whether the artist's names are catchy to a non-native english speaker (For example, I'd say Beyonce is pretty hard to pronounce or remember for us)

This is just my experience, I could be totally off.

Hm, that's an interesting take younger artists are famous I am sure but I still feel the kinda impact Britney had or Madonna in terms of fame is huge, in younger generation also I have never heard them say we don't know Britney Spears or Haven't heard of Oops, toxic or baby one more time. 

Britney's costumes are still wore on Halloween by a lot of people.