What’s Britney’s Best Album from the 2010s?

On 7/20/2021 at 8:52 PM, GirlOnTheMoon said:

Seriously. FF aged like milk :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black: it was outdated when it got released and it remains outdated now. I do love He About Lose Me.

Overall it’s not like it’s a bad album, but I was so used to Britney using new sounds that it shocked me she released an EDM heavy album when EDM was on its way out.

Statements like these make me think you're trying to rewrite history :schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching:

Back in 2011, everyone proclaimed how innovative FF was because it was the first album by a main pop girl that combined pop with dubstep. Technically, Rated R and Blackout were some of the first pop albums to use dubstep elements, but to use it extensively throughout the album and combine it with pop, FF was the first, especially by a main pop girl. In 2011, it was a regular thing to talk about how Britney was always setting trends in pop music, with FF being the most recent example with dubstep.

Now, y'all want to claim that FF was dated upon release? :whitneyshade_whitney_Houston_mad_really_blink_seriously_hmm_umm_done:

tenor.gif

It may be dated now, but it was not dated in 2011. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2

I'd say that it's FF. yes it's very over-produced and over the top but it's almost like a time capsule of the weird dance-pop trend that was huge towards 2009-2011, Is it timeless? no but that's not a bad thing. for me it's the epitome of 2010s dance-pop. it represents everything that was good about dance-pop. it's euphoric and very high energy. it's like the early 2010s in a nutshell. If you're nostalgic and want to revive that time it's a good album.

Britney Jean is fun but kinda unfinished.

Glory is too mid-tempo for me. I like fast beats.

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

Statements like these make me think you're trying to rewrite history :schoolingtime_talking_telling_glasses_preaching:

Back in 2011, everyone proclaimed how innovative FF was because it was the first album by a main pop girl that combined pop with dubstep. Technically, Rated R and Blackout were some of the first pop albums to use dubstep elements, but to use it extensively throughout the album and combine it with pop, FF was the first, especially by a main pop girl. In 2011, it was a regular thing to talk about how Britney was always setting trends in pop music, with FF being the most recent example with dubstep.

Now, y'all want to claim that FF was dated upon release? :whitneyshade_whitney_Houston_mad_really_blink_seriously_hmm_umm_done:

tenor.gif

It may be dated now, but it was not dated in 2011. 

In my defense I never liked it 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e470tlyc16xxrge67w8qv

I only liked Gasoline and How I Roll

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, jordeezy said:

Femme Fatale was a masterpiece in its time thb. I still like it. BJ Has really good bass and instrumentals but horrible vocals besides Perfume and Don't Cry. Glory has great vocals but a lot of weak choruses. Femme Fatale wins for me. 

:reductive_madonna_mdna_tea_coffee_cup_sips_sipping_drink_spill: P.R.E.A.C.H

• Love 1
On 7/20/2021 at 8:52 PM, GirlOnTheMoon said:

Seriously. FF aged like milk :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black: it was outdated when it got released and it remains outdated now. I do love He About Lose Me.

Overall it’s not like it’s a bad album, but I was so used to Britney using new sounds that it shocked me she released an EDM heavy album when EDM was on its way out.

I disagree. I personally remember when hiam came out and it was arguably the song that started the edm (especially the edm breakdown) trend.

she can keep the other ff singles I low key hate them/find them tacky 

On 7/20/2021 at 5:53 PM, Rik said:

2010ney.png

I see many of u insult glory ( @SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN) or question whether it deserves to be in her holy trinity, or say it isn’t her baby and is in fact Bazuuka Jolie part 2 ( @PokemonSpears) but I have something to SAY!!!!!!!! :liar_red_mad_angry_anger_yell_slap:

so let’s discount her entire discography for a second and just look at the music she released in the 2010s: Femme Fatale (Will.I.am thinks he executively produced this album), Balsamic Jerusha, or Glory? 

i personally think her best album from the 2010s is glory. 

I don’t love femme fatale but tbh…. The singles were catchy too. 

wooh oh oh oh oh oh ohhhhh :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek: 

1. Glory 

2. Femme Fatale

3. WTF album

• Haha 1

it's GLORY .... hands down. That album gave us a glimpse of what Britney can do outside of Sweden's hit making team. The up and coming producers on 'Glory' gave Brit a fresh sound. 'Slumber Party' was one of her career BEST. 

'Femme Fatale' was a great record.... lots of fun, and I'm all about 'Hold it Against Me'. BUT.... there's a ton of filler on that album like the steaming vegetables quip, 'trip to your heart' and 'how I  roll'. In my opinion some of the bonus cuts like 'Up n Down', 'Selfish' and 'Scary' trumped half the tracklist that made the final cut. 

'Britney Jean'? I literally can't. I  just don't feel like Britney was invested in that album in any way, shape or form. While it did however give us another of career best singles in 'Work *****', I'll ultimately never forgive Will for ******* up 'Alien', or RCA for not correcting it. 

• Like 2

Femme Fatale. It's pure pop perfection from start to finish. Britney was slightly ahead of the trend during this era. She mainstreamed dubstep through Freakshow on Blackout and cemented it as 'her sound' in the 2010s. 

Glory had a few meh tracks for me. Plus it's more on-trend than ahead of it. 

• Love 5