Past EXO member and actor Kris Wu accused of ***ual abuse of minors

• Content Curators

According to Variety, major brands are dumping their partnerships with Kris Wu, a former member of the K-pop group EXO and one of China’s most influential celebrities, after he was accused of predatory behavior toward women.

The allegations have created a nationwide scandal and set the Chinese internet on fire. Eight out of the top 10 search items on the Twitter-like Weibo platform Monday were about the issue, while just one of the many related hashtags has garnered hundreds of thousands of comments and nearly 2 billion views.

“I just want to… prevent anyone from being hurt again. I hope I will be the last victim,” said 19-year-old college student Du Meizhu, who has come forward with detailed allegations about the 30-year-old star.

Wu, a Canadian citizen, has strongly denied the allegations. On Monday, Wu issued an official statement via social media. Representatives for Wu could not immediately be reached for comment late Monday.

Earlier this month, Du began posting allegations online that Wu had assaulted her while on a date and ensnared others with promises of career opportunities or by other means. She claimed that he lured her out with a promise of audition, but he proceeded to ply her with alcohol and have s** with her after she blacked out.

She elaborated on her story Sunday in an explosive interview with Chinese outlet NetEase Entertainment, which has been read tens of millions of times.

In it, Du alleged that Wu gave her $77,000 (RMB500,000) to cajole her into retracting her accusations. She said, however, that she has since returned it it in order to pursue legal action against him, providing screenshots allegedly depicting the transactions.

Since Du went public, “far more” women have come to her with similar stories, she said. The age of consent in China is 14. According to her, she knew at least 8 victims, 2 of whom were minors.

rsz_218004087_542788236769092_2293842280952823738_n.jpg.d9ad66eaae1abedd348b683fd4e8c108.jpg

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block