Is Billie Eilish faking her tourettes?

On 7/21/2021 at 11:30 PM, H4T3r said:

Nah sorry. You can look up YouTube and see clips of her where she tries to control her tics. It isn't a gimmick or something like that. Regarding synesthesia, that is also true because Billie herself stated she uses it to make the theme and whole structure of her last album. She even opened a mini exhibition last-to-last year showing what each track from her album feels like, to her synesthesia. 

Then again, we really are in no place to judge. She is the most global force in the world at this point. I am pretty sure, only her fans know that she has Tourette's syndrome and synesthesia, so it really wouldn't be the best gimmick out of the bag to pull, if anything.

• Haha 1

Man, this young girl is just getting dragged people are not learning this what happened with Britney and see now how unhappy she is - I am not a huge fan of Billie but the dragging needs to go, she's so young and can take a toll on her mental health when on earth people will understand?

• Love 1
  • 4 weeks later...

It is not tourettes. She has a persistent tic disorder. It is quite easy to tell the difference if you have ever been around someone with actual tourettes. To be diagnosed with tourettes you HAVE to have both motor and vocal tics. Don't be mad or upset. It is just a fact. Another fact is that the most interesting people bear the most scars, so to think that she would claim to have so many disorders to seem more interesting is NOT very far-fetched. If you simply cannot stand what I have typed, then you are clearly a fanboy/fangirl and billie eilish is special in some way.  Good day!

Here is a little information for you taken from https://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/tourette/diagnosis.html

Tourette Syndrome (TS)

To be diagnosed with TS, a person must:

• have two or more motor tics (for example, blinking or shrugging the shoulders) and at least one vocal tic (for example, humming, clearing the throat, or yelling out a word or phrase), although they might not always happen at the same time.
  • have had tics for at least a year. The tics can occur many times a day (usually in bouts) nearly every day, or off and on.
  • have tics that begin before age 18 years.
  • have symptoms that are not due to taking medicine or other ***** or due to having another medical condition (for example, seizures, Huntington disease, or postviral encephalitis).

Persistent (Chronic) Motor or Vocal Tic Disorder

To be diagnosed with a persistent tic disorder, a person must:

• have one or more motor tics (for example, blinking or shrugging the shoulders) or vocal tics (for example, humming, clearing the throat, or yelling out a word or phrase), but not both.
  • have tics that occur many times a day nearly every day or on and off throughout a period of more than a year.
  • have tics that start before age 18 years.
  • have symptoms that are not due to taking medicine or other *****, or due to having a medical condition that can cause tics (for example, seizures, Huntington disease, or postviral encephalitis).
  • not have been diagnosed with TS.

By the way, why do no good musicians have synesthesia? I do not mean those talentless hacks that sit in front of a computer screen dropping and changing sound effects on a timeline or (spoiler) hitting colored buttons on a drum pad. There is no amount of skill in that. I do not doubt this disorder exists, it just seems like the explanations for it from different people make it sound as if they dropped some LSD and read the same article I did- about a man with synesthesia- 10 years or so ago. While it WOULD make her music more interesting, (laughs) her description of the disorder seems like she read kanye west's description of the disorder. The fact is that people do lie. If you told me you have never lied, I would just assume you were lying and I would most likely be correct. Next, she will probably say she has OCD because she has to have everything a certain way. ;) Most people just want to seem more interesting than they are.

Millionaire rapper/A-list celebrity/struggling fashion designer Kanye said: “I see music in colour and shapes and all and it’s very important for me when I’m performing or doing a video that the visuals match up with the music – the colours, y’know. A lot of times it’s a lonely piano [that] can look like a black and white visual to fit that emotion, even though pianos are blue to me and bass and snares are white; bass lines are like dark brown, dark purple.”

28 minutes ago, Michael Richards said:

By the way, why do no good musicians have synesthesia? I do not mean those talentless hacks that sit in front of a computer screen dropping and changing sound effects on a timeline or (spoiler) hitting colored buttons on a drum pad. There is no amount of skill in that. I do not doubt this disorder exists, it just seems like the explanations for it from different people make it sound as if they dropped some LSD and read the same article I did- about a man with synesthesia- 10 years or so ago. While it WOULD make her music more interesting, (laughs) her description of the disorder seems like she read kanye west's description of the disorder. The fact is that people do lie. If you told me you have never lied, I would just assume you were lying and I would most likely be correct. Next, she will probably say she has OCD because she has to have everything a certain way. ;) Most people just want to seem more interesting than they are.

Millionaire rapper/A-list celebrity/struggling fashion designer Kanye said: “I see music in colour and shapes and all and it’s very important for me when I’m performing or doing a video that the visuals match up with the music – the colours, y’know. A lot of times it’s a lonely piano [that] can look like a black and white visual to fit that emotion, even though pianos are blue to me and bass and snares are white; bass lines are like dark brown, dark purple.”

I don't know where that quote comes from, but as you say, it sounds very lame for a description, because that's what most artistic people do, I'm not even an artist and always see some colors in most of the songs, like, I imagine visuals with a particular color or palette of tones for each song, but that's nothing special.

A friend of my brother, he did have synesthesia, and in his case it was very frustrating, because it was also combined with absolute pitch, and the frustrating part came from the fact that he wasn't very physically skilled at playing instruments, or singing, so whenever he was out of tune, either singing or playing, it was VERY noticeable for him, and EXTREMELY annoying, to the point he had to quit music altogether. My brother met him because he was studying music composition, and this guy was trying to be like a teacher or something, but as you can imagine, it became very frustrating for him to deal with people that wouldn't hit the right notes, would be off key, etc. He claimed to see different notes with different colors, however, this wasn't just with music or singing, it was when people talked, like normal talk, or any kind of noises in the street or tv, etc, it sounds like fun at first, but it was not something he could control at will, or switch on and off, so more than a gift it became a burden for him and he tended to be very isolated from people.

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

Omg thank you! Hater who made this tag. Idc if this blows up or not just to find other people that SEE what I'm seeing is enough for me. Yes yes yes she hasn't had any tics in anything after 2019. Look at her vogue video from met gala she's in the makeup chair getting face, hair makeup and not even a slight tic! Like they just disappeared!!!??? Idk I get it what everyone saying what's to gain... Well yes attention! It doesn't matter if she was already talented or blown up in the industry the fact is people fake symptoms or disorders to stay RELEVANT...TO not get attention but to KEEP it.... To be able to relate to the "norm" and yea I agree with u hater, it's only rude bc these disorders are not a fashion item or trend they're things that some people struggle with their whole life and some worse than others.... So to fake it for relevance and pity clout in mainstream media is just honestly... Pathetic. I'm not gonna sugarcoat. Watch the 2021 VOGUE met gala Billie get ready... She just all of a sudden stopped e we having tics the last 2 years .. fishy....

• Love 1