The Free Britney Act is set to be introduced to congress on Tuesday.

21 minutes ago, PinkyAndStinky said:

At first glance, this seems like a win. But upon closer inspection, it's pro-conservatorship. I wonder if it'd be worth making another post about why this act is problematic. 

it makes you think the government doesn’t want to take accountability and free Britney 

• Love 1
21 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

the thing is the whole concept is prone to abuse either way, whether it comes from family or professionals. 

In my opinion, the conservators should be professionals, people with studies either in medical care, finances, or whatever is their role. But these professionals should be paid by the government, not from the conservatee's assets. But I don't think that's happening. 

I agree that conservatorships are prone to abuse by their very nature. But I have to imagine that a family member is more likely to care for someone than a professional fiduciary is. Typically they just put the ward in a home and collect their cheques. I think the entire system needs to either be dismantled or be completely built again from scratch to take into account that these people aren’t just entrusted with a dog and need to make sure they’re fed and sheltered, but that these are human beings with thoughts and minds. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, ConceptD said:

I agree that conservatorships are prone to abuse by their very nature. But I have to imagine that a family member is more likely to care for someone than a professional fiduciary is. Typically they just put the ward in a home and collect their cheques. I think the entire system needs to either be dismantled or be completely built again from scratch to take into account that these people aren’t just entrusted with a dog and need to make sure they’re fed and sheltered, but that these are human beings with thoughts and minds. 

Also, in many cases, elderly people are forced into conservatorships even when they have well-intentioned family who are willing and able to care for them. There are families fighting (unsuccessfully) to take over for these third-party conservators, all the while the conservators are stealing every last dime. Sometimes they make it nearly impossible for the families to see their conserved loved ones (Isolate, medicate, liquidate at its finest). It's seriously messed up. The movie "I Care A Lot" is scarily accurate compared to some of the investigative pieces I've seen on conservatorships. 

But yeah, while many people in conservatorships might have family members with ill intentions, it seems far more common that these unrelated conservators are the bad eggs. It would be nice to have actual data about that. The fact that there is no data really speaks volumes to how corrupt the whole conservatorship system is. This law would only strengthen those exploitative relationships.

1 hour ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

I think the point is a conservatee can hire anybody, whether family or not. So it gives provides broader choice in general from my understanding. 

It just gives them another option to choose from the small pool of very connected conservators that already exists. Like how Britney got to ‘choose’ Bessemer, only for their lawyer to be linked directly to Vivian thoreen who is Jamie’s lawyer. There are conflicts of interest all around. 

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, ConceptD said:

It just gives them another option to choose from the small pool of very connected conservators that already exists. Like how Britney got to ‘choose’ Bessemer, only for their lawyer to be linked directly to Vivian thoreen who is Jamie’s lawyer. There are conflicts of interest all around. 

Sure, but wouldn’t be able to hire your own lawyer and/or still have the opportunity to switch to a family member at any time?

Boykott this. Documents show it wasn’t even called the “free Britney act” at first, but “the free act” instead. It would make things worse for so many people and it was only renamed in documents for clout and nothing more. 

For the first time I have to disagree with Lisa McCarley, as she supports this. But I feel like everyone who does ignores that once again the rampant corruption is being ignored and nothing is being done to make it better or to prevent the new bill from making it worse.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Persona said:

Boykott this. Documents show it wasn’t even called the “free Britney act” at first, but “the free act” instead. It would make things worse for so many people and it was only renamed in documents for clout and nothing more. 

For the first time I have to disagree with Lisa McCarley, as she supports this. But I feel like everyone who does ignores that once again the rampant corruption is being ignored and nothing is being done to make it better or to prevent the new bill from making it worse.

I’m watching the video now. Surprise Witnes is correct!!!! This bill is bull 💩!!!! It’s pro-conservatorship, it’s not pro-conservatee!!! This bill is nothing more than a bipartisan, government cash grab!! This bill should not become a law!! Call your congress persons, reach out to them on social media and tell them to vote no on the so-called “Free Act”. 

Please watch and share this video!!! Free Britney says tell your congress persons to vote NO on  the “Free Act”. 

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, generation glory said:

I’m watching the video now. Surprise Witnes is correct!!!! This bill is bull 💩!!!! It’s pro-conservatorship, it’s not pro-conservatee!!! This bill is nothing more than a bipartisan, government cash grab!! This bill should not become a law!! Call your congress persons, reach out to them on social media and tell them to vote no on the so-called “Free Act”. 

Please watch and share this video!!! Free Britney says tell your congress persons to vote NO on  the “Free Act”. 

Bump bump. Wake up, guys!!! Don’t sleep on this!!!! Watch the Surprise Witness YT video, get properly educated on what this proposed bill really is and share the video, encouraging you all to tell your states representative to

🚫vote NO on the Free Act.🚫

☺️ thank u! :)  Video on quote.

Not the right tag, but @breatheheavy Jordan pls main page this if you haven’t already!!

• Love 1