Hold it against me

In light of all the new information this video new meaning just unravel with every

Watch and the ending is so prophetic of what  recently happened britney taking over but after becoming a darker person ,

From the creepy smile to the tubes, the ***** she pumped her and destroyed her legacy , paint splattered on all her past videos , 4 beings from under her break out take over , her conflict fighting herself to be better to get back up just to embrace her darkness in the end and reign .    

• Love 8
Just now, Benjamyn said:

I think the blind beings under her...

Are us... blindly praising her "comeback" despite the fact that she was being drugged up by her family in order to perform for us...

Wow sounds so right as well . I think as far as videos with a deeper meanings this is amazing 

Pretty sure I read Britney came up with the concept of the video herself. It's more or less just an illustration of what she's had to go through in her personal life. I think at the time, the video referenced her breakdown and her 'comeback' but with the c-ship drama it takes on a whole new meaning for fans.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, migeal said:

Wow sounds so right as well . I think as far as videos with a deeper meanings this is amazing 

There are SO many different hidden meanings in the video...

Her splashing the paint is definitely the tarnishing of her career.

The two Britneys fighting against each other are the real Britney, and the Britney they forced her to be, and then at the end they end up both being alive (and being forced to live with each other) I think they were also trying to allude to her having a "split personality"

There's supposedly a deleted scene too :( I wish we could see it!!! 

Also it's unusual that at the very start, the "meteor" coming down to Earth is red, and then when it hits, the lights on the Earth all become rainbow... 

I feel like if you look at a lot of her videos there are hidden meanings. David LaChapelle has said she specifically asked to be filmed in a cage, and when he assumed she would want to look powerful like a lion, she instead said that she wanted to look more like a kitten... 

2 minutes ago, Isla said:

Pretty sure I read Britney came up with the concept of the video herself. It's more or less just an illustration of what she's had to go through in her personal life. I think at the time, the video referenced her breakdown and her 'comeback' but with the c-ship drama it takes on a whole new meaning for fans.

Yeah I think she has tried to show a LOT in her videos, but only some get through to the actual videos...

Work ***** also had a lot of symbolism, her being on top of the upside down pyramid... Like she is the one in "power" but she's actually at the bottom... 

• Like 2

I never thought about the ***** injections, it really can be this :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record: Are the blinded people around her a reference to fans who are dancing & prasing her. The joker smile is intertesting too, it's so weird ... Could it be a reference to her forced to smile ?

The fight between the dark & the red. We can see the dark hurts her the red's knee. The dark one could be her past & the red the future. This part is bad edited btw some scene it's the red who hurt the dark & the second after it's the other side. Could be different personnality who fights each others.

Anyway, it's a great MV :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Benjamyn said:

Yeah I think she has tried to show a LOT in her videos, but only some get through to the actual videos...

Work ***** also had a lot of symbolism, her being on top of the upside down pyramid... Like she is the one in "power" but she's actually at the bottom... 

Every song even make me sounds creepy when consider the original video idea by la chapelle the cage and outfit and all

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Isla said:

The final sequence really does hit hard now given recent development 

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, Matou said:

I never thought about the ***** injections, it really can be this :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record: Are the blinded people around her a reference to fans who are dancing & prasing her. The joker smile is intertesting too, it's so weird ... Could it be a reference to her forced to smile ?

The fight between the dark & the red. We can see the dark hurts her the red's knee. The dark one could be her past & the red the future. This part is bad edited btw some scene it's the red who hurt the dark & the second after it's the other side. Could be different personnality who fights each others.

Anyway, it's a great MV :tbh_britney_nod_yes_yas_ftr_for_the_record_vma_2008_circus:

Yeah now we are appreciating the video more when it came out  many considered it a disappointment 

• Love 2
Just now, Benjamyn said:

Also... Off topic, but do you know in the fight scene (when she is facing away from us) her body doubles were men...

Because they had to find people with the same "masculine" muscular dance bodies as Britney... I think that scene is amazing...

And she came up with that idea especially the heels clicking which took it to the next level