The reason Britney isn't cool or trendy on Instagram.

If instagram was trending back in the 2000s, she would have the most followers on the whole platform.

Keep in mind that her account was not very active in the beginning, was created late and basically her fan base is 20-30 something. She never had the opportunity to connect to the teens in the last decade...

• Love 2

Britney has always had tacky taste in casual clothing. And she's never seen her self as celebrity and so when not on stage or at an event, she doesn't care. I agree that I wish sometimes she would play the part more but at the end of the day if she is comfortable in her own skin and clothes it really doesn't matter what she thinks. I wish I could not care as much as she does. It's commendable, not a flaw. But its not common for a celebrity so our brains see it as "tacky". When in reality had I seen someone like Britney in the market even on her worst day I'd think she was good looking. People just put her on a pedestal and idolize her - which she's never wanted but knows it comes with the territory 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, do the thing said:

you do realize that she has more views for each one of her "weird videos" than accounts with 110m+ followers? :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle: her videos are usually more viewed than Kim K's, Beyoncé's, Rihanna's, Selena's, Miley's, etc. and it's been the case for 2y lol

still, I get what you mean. she should have as many followers as Beyoncé, esp. since lately she's more known than her among young people (I used Beyoncé as a comparaison because they're the same age + their careers started at the same time + their last signature hit was in 2013 for both of them). I don't mind these videos tbh, but I'd love good quality for her pictures. it'd change a lot. you can still be rough and natural annnd keep a good quality. but that's far from being a priority lol, who cares now.

btw i have a huuuuuuuuuuuge crush on Aguilera rn, lately she's been smoking hot :thirsty_britney_onyx_drink_flirt_drinking_sipping_fan_hot: she rocks that dollish look

EpSgCfQWEAEyiif.jpg

Hmmm, interesting points I don't follow Beyonce but I see she has like 180m followers but her post likes and videos views are quite similar or even low then Britney's page account and the difference between their following is so huge! One of my teen friend follow Beyonce and I asked her do you even listen to her? He said no - I just follow because everybody else is doing which I felt kinda strange. Because let's be real Britney is more global then Beyonce anytime but this math confuses me. 

I honestly think she doesn't care. you don't need to scroll through instagram to know that people portray this perfect image of themselves, with hair and make up done, intense photoshop and everything.

she's said before she spent have of her life looking like a doll so in her free time she doesn't give a **** about her looks. and I admire her for that and I think it's refreshing to see one of the most beautiful and powerful celebrities in the world just being random and looking natural. we need more Britneys and less kardashians, not the other way around imo.

• Love 1

why should she care? she is fighting for her basic human rights. what are the concepts of 'cool' and 'trendy' going to do for her? continue to let people treat her like a product, most likely. she's being genuine and she's not trying to sell a bull**** lifestyle.

7 minutes ago, Prachi said:

Very bad take, sorry! JLO, Beyonce are also are same aged - so? 

Read my response to the other user, I mean that all 40 year olds aren’t ‘cool’ period. 
Celebrities like JLO and Beyonce are privileged and have people on their team taking care of their social media and their images, showing them what’s cool and what’s trendy. You can see even on Mariah’s reality show she did a few years ago, she had a teenager (her managers daughter) taking her of her ‘social media phone’. 

Someone mentioned that Britney has Cassie, but as well know she works for Team Con firstly, who is run by a 70 year old man who obviously is also not ‘cool’.  

10 hours ago, do the thing said:

you do realize that she has more views for each one of her "weird videos" than accounts with 110m+ followers? :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle: her videos are usually more viewed than Kim K's, Beyoncé's, Rihanna's, Selena's, Miley's, etc. and it's been the case for 2y lol

still, I get what you mean. she should have as many followers as Beyoncé, esp. since lately she's more known than her among young people (I used Beyoncé as a comparaison because they're the same age + their careers started at the same time + their last signature hit was in 2013 for both of them). I don't mind these videos tbh, but I'd love good quality for her pictures. it'd change a lot. you can still be rough and natural annnd keep a good quality. but that's far from being a priority lol, who cares now.

btw i have a huuuuuuuuuuuge crush on Aguilera rn, lately she's been smoking hot :thirsty_britney_onyx_drink_flirt_drinking_sipping_fan_hot: she rocks that dollish look

EpSgCfQWEAEyiif.jpg

Xtina has really good glam and socmed team. She has access to her money.. unlike Britney :fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad: if Britney had good teams like her (or any other celeb, for that matter), she’d have over 100 million followers easily.
Have yall ever notice that whenever Cassie posts good photos of Brit she’d easily get over a million likes? 
Ive never hated any of her posts, if that’s really her. I just dont like that they’re so blurry and LQ as if they were taken from an iPhone 4. This is why I’ve always asked what does Cassie even do?