I remember back in 2002 when Avril Lavigne performed at the All That, around the time she use to call Britney as a sl** and Jamie Lynn didn’t had any problem to show up wearing a necktie at her side.

not sure if it is a big deal, years later i thought it was just business but now… if I had my TV show and a person against my so loved sister showed up, I would never be around her like she did.

8-CC2-BD7-D-6328-4-A06-8-B0-E-F235-B90-B

Back then, Avril and P!NK was used in the media as a counter backlash to The boy crazy Britney spears and Paris Hilton.

A British article shared this, saying that it was a counter back lash after the feminist ways of not needing men or being boy crazy the Spice girls was, Avril and P!NK was like a response to the girls into boys that was Britney spears and Paris Hilton..

It's typical industry standard, there will always be a trend of celebrities who's exact opposite of what's popular and in the case of p!Nk and Avril lavigne it actually worked since moms wasn't into the over ***ualized imagery of Britney and paris.