Would Everyone In Media Be Cancelled If They Abused a Celebrity Now Like They Did Britney?

I feel like it would be totally unacceptable these days to totally destroy another human-being universally like they did Britney back in the day. Social media would go crazy and everyone would have to issue an apology and then be cancelled. Thoughts? :typing_keyboard_computer:

• Like 2

Of course.

One random recent example - look at the outpouring of support for Naomi Osaka. Roughly same issues as Britney 2006-07, roughly same age. Nothing but love and support. No one would even think of attacking her. 

Britney's experience paved the way for today's far more accepting celebrity climate. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, sunny_liston said:

Of course.

One random recent example - look at the outpouring of support for Naomi Osaka. Roughly same issues as Britney 2006-07, roughly same age. Nothing but love and support. No one would even think of attacking her. 

Britney's experience paved the way for today's far more accepting celebrity climate. 

Diane Sawyer, AKA Diane the Devil, needs to be cancelled ASAP... :sipnstare_coffee_mug_tea_sipping_spilling_red:

• Love 1

I think so, I look back on how the media was in the 2000s and I'm astounded they got away with how they treated people. Not just Britney, but look at how they treated MJ and Amy Winehouse too. People really thought just because these people are rich/famous means that they can be abused without limits. Very few people spoke up against it, people just treated certain celebrities like circus freaks

7 minutes ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

I wish I could say yes but unfortunately, I see things such as cyberbullying and bandwagoning hate-trains happening to female artists like Cardi B and Billie Eilish — and in 2021, so no — in many ways, a lot hasn’t changed.

Seriously! Of course it’s different now because it’s not the tabloids doing it (as much). But the pure vitriol people send to these young women over social media now shows that society hasn’t changed as much as we would hope 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

I wish I could say yes but unfortunately, I see things such as cyberbullying happening to other female artists like Cardi B and Billie Eilish. 

Yeah online hate is impossible to stamp out fully, but the question is degree. 

One thing is today's nasty tweets or daily mail comments. That'll never go away. Another thing entirely is how mainstream the venom was in Britney's time - as in every tabloid, newspaper, tv report, late night comedy show, etc. The public won't stand for that anymore. 

The media is yes, but random strangers behind a screen is no. 

Cos it's a first amendment right, Bullying is protected by freedom of speech. 

So it's like the second amendment, it can't be changed or amended..

Look up the adult film star who killed herself cos she warned an actress, he did men on men films, and she said no.

Let's just say it took 3 days, and the hatred, condemnation and honestly the vicious attacks, she was already depressed since her family disowned her cos of her choice of career, add all that what happened to her, she hung herself on a park tree, and some of the industry including jenna Jameson came out and said, whoever hurt her, just know, one day you're day of judgement will come. 

She killed herself over her own personal beliefs, and she was casted as a homophobe but she was far from it, I hope to see you in hell, since that's what I'm told I'm going to cos of my career choice as well.