I was ruthless: some 2009 BreatheHeavy posts

12 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

The world was very different, especially towards women and famous women like Britney, Paris, Lindsay, and Amy (Winehouse). There had been no #MeToo movement yet. The general public just got done enjoying watching Britney breakdown and calling her crazy for 2-3 years. They thought she was actually so mentally unhealthy that she needed the help. The very large majority of people likely had never even heard of a conservatorship before Britney, and likely had no idea it was even put in place or what it was originally meant for (very disabled people).

I think fans wanted to see her comeback not only because they loved her and her performances, but because they were rooting for underdog after she was a national joke for years. They wanted to see her succeed and appear happy and well again. I’ve mentioned this in other threads, but it’s also hard to jump to a conclusion that Britney’s entire family and California court system failed her. And then after the Circus era, a lot of fans just assumed she wanted more privacy and deserved it given when she went through with the media, but really that was just her team silencing her and everyone else. 

Jordan seemed to see although the bull****, which is good. But I think there are a lot of multifaceted reasons this didn’t happen sooner, though I’m sure we all wish it did happen back in 2008-2009.

That’s all very true and I have had similar thoughts.

I guess I just feel a lot of guilt because my gut feeling always told me the conservatorship was abusive and she was being threatened to tour etc. I think I just chose to ignore my intuition because as a fan I got wrapped up in the excitement of her ‘’comeback’’ and her going on her first world tour in 5 years. I was also only a teenager at the time. 

There’s a lot more information out there now and we know a whole lot more on how truly shocking she’s been treated under the conservatorship. So I shouldn’t be so hard on myself with the guilt. I have seen other fans express similar thoughts.

I often wonder about a scenario where the conservatorship doesn’t end and Jamie is still on board. Britney is yet again threatened to act like everything is fine and convinced to go on tour. It would be very interesting to see how many fans that have fought for Britney would turn a blind eye just to see her live. I absolutely would never at this point, but sadly I think a lot of other fans would try to justify it and ultimately end up going.  

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Gayseus911 said:

I feel like Jordan should have been featured in the framing Britney documentary, he started the free Britney movement 

@Jordan Miller was invited, but because it was being filmed in LA, he thought of his health and safety and declined given were in the middle of the pandemic, and with the delta variant coming now to the US, I have no hope it's going to end. 

There's gonna be new variants of this virus, it's gonna be hard to contain it. 

• Haha 2
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, Danielle1987 said:

Anyone who spoke out against the conservatorship got harassed on here. It was a very sad time. 

I'm not gonna name any names but I used to have heated discussions with a certain member on here who was very pro c-ship at the time to the point I had to put them on ignore because I just couldn't stand the ignorance. Now, they're still posting and of course they're pro Free Britney and it's so cringy. At least they finally saw the light I guess...

• Love 4
  • Leader
53 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

@Jordan Miller was invited, but because it was being filmed in LA, he thought of his health and safety and declined given were in the middle of the pandemic, and with the delta variant coming now to the US, I have no hope it's going to end. 

There's gonna be new variants of this virus, it's gonna be hard to contain it. 

That's not really true lol. I did one or two at-home interviews, but was never invited to the filming in LA. Honestly ALL good. I was bummed at first but the doc did a lot of good for the movement, and I'm happy that anyone who was included in it was a force in their own right. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 3
  • Like 1
  • Leader
2 hours ago, Lost In Space said:

Honestly, the Free Britney movement should have been as loud back in 2008/2009 as it is now. It boggles my mind as to why her conservatorship wasn’t a bigger deal back in the day. It has always been clearly an abusive situation. For The Record was huge and raised SO many alarm bells. That alone should have kick started the Free Britney movement to the level it is now.

In a way, I think the fans were also to blame back then. Why? Pure selfishness. The fans had too much to gain at that point in her life. Studio albums, world tours, the excitement of Britney’s ‘’comeback’’. I include myself in that too in a way. It was always clear how *****d up her situation was and yet I still attended the Circus tour, have bought all her studio albums since then and have always bought other merchandise of hers. All funding the conservatorship. Shame on me and shame on a lot of other fans that knew better.

Thank you Jordan for always being on the right side of history with this and fighting for Free Britney from the very beginning. You still continued to fight for Free Britney even after Jamie threatened you. It was very courageous of you. 

Really appreciate you saying all that. I honestly 100% forgot about how freaking angry and outraged my posts were. I have only managed to look at 2-3 pages and there are hundreds. It's kind of weird looking back on it and I keep avoiding it a little. But I am going to get them back onto a new server and open them up for all to see again. 

• Love 5

I think in 2007 and 2008 Myspace days, that's why it wasn't taken seriously..

Myspace was treated as a fad. Social media wasn't, but Myspace was. 

The only reason why Myspace failed, they basically didn't think of creating a mobile app, as they were only desktop only, the Mobile version sucked, and only one phone had the exclusive app. Helio, I believe was the only way to get Myspace for app. 

And honestly sad thing is when you're kids and in your 20s, you still are treated same minors despite not being a minor, but you're all viewed as reckless and careless..

And oddly my point was proven, Jordan being 33 now, and again proves that when we are in our 30s do people start taking anybody seriously..

They will never take a 20 something seriously cos of what's expected.