B10: Britney's Lemonade?

On 7/18/2021 at 4:56 AM, Steel Magnolia said:

I've really come to appreciate Beyonce as an artist and a performer over the past couple of years.

If anyone hasn't seen it yet...Homecoming is an absolute masterpiece.

I'd love to hear some real angry lyrics from Britney...Set to dark, Blackout-style beats.

This. This. This. Homecoming helped me rediscover Beyonce as an artist and a performer. Then I listened to Lemonade and now I could say I'm a fan, I guess.

On 7/18/2021 at 5:28 AM, lilhennythings said:

Basic twink response. Lemonade is a great album regardless of if you're a Beyonce fan, and so is her self-titled. I don't even stan Beyonce, or listen to her music particularly, but the immediate bashing any time someone speaks her name on this forum is part of the wider chorus of anti-Black racism that people levy against Beyonce in certain gay circles. She's an insanely talented singer, songwriter, and dancer, not to mention the cultural and political importance of much of her work in recent years. Not liking Beyonce as a person (she is difficult to like) or just not having a taste for her music is one thing, but to call her (and this album) overrated smacks of ulterior motives.

:meryl_streep_point_yas_yes_meme_proud:

• Love 2
  • Like 2

Lemonade mainly was Beyonce fighting for her marriage, it starts that she Hope's hes not cheating in praying, but the other tracks til sandcastles actually talk about her anger, wanting him dead, then sandcastles reflect the good times they had outweighed the bad.  

Freedom was like the uplifting track inspired by BLM, but all night, was her telling Shawn, that she can't wait to love him all night long. 

Formation seemed like a bonus track, hence it didn't fit the narrative and wasn't in the main film itself. 

Then you got Solange's sit by the table and Jay Z's 4:44 which each told their side of the story respectively..

Then you got The Carters album itself. 

So there's a reason why were in a hiatus she gave us so much music, she deserved a break now. 

No, I would prefer her just get with one producer she sparks with and write and produce a honest true to heart record. That's usually how the best albums happen. Not 100 writers and producers and overhyped bs. Beyonce is a fake and horrible person. I don't get why people don't that, she's clearly responsible for holding back the careers of most other black women, ashanti, amerie, ciara just to name a few and all of them have more talent in there pinkys that Beyonce