Christina Aguilera on her next two albums and supporting Britney Spears: ‘We all deserve happiness’

Her statement regarding Britney's situation is probably the most genuine support that I have seen from a celebrity so far... you could tell that after all these years, she still feels that bond with Britney that started at the very beginning of their careers ....

• Love 6
  • Like 2
9 hours ago, mercenary said:

Her statement regarding Britney's situation is probably the most genuine support that I have seen from a celebrity so far... you could tell that after all these years, she still feels that bond with Britney that started at the very beginning of their careers ....

It really was tbh. It felt incredibly heartfelt and was beautifully written. Christina has been humble for years and I think Britney's situation truely devastates her, as it should anyone. I'd love for them to reconnect. 

I also really hope her next album is hugely successful. It's not right that we live in a world where Dua Lupa is currently more successful than Christina Aguilera.

Don't @ me. :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

• Love 7

I remember being so pissed because I got Christina's debut album for Xmas instead of oops when I was little.... Which made me get my first job as a kid so I could get oops 🤣 

I still bop to self titled and stripped and the singles from her other eras 

I loved the rivalry though...it was ******* iconic. I don't take any of that back it was fun and Christina was mean but I like her now. I kinda always did tho 

Stripped is a straight up classic and if Britney ever releases new music I'd love her to do something truly raw and eclectic like that or velvet rope but I'm not fussed.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, rennen said:

It really was tbh. It felt incredibly heartfelt and was beautifully written. Christina has been humble for years and I think Britney's situation truely devastates her, as it should anyone. I'd love for them to reconnect. 

I also really hope her next album is hugely successful. It's not right that we live in a world where Dua Lupa is currently more successful than Christina Aguilera.

Don't @ me. :duadance_lipa_new_rules_green_pink_dancing:

I wish Christina all the success... tho there is no need to bash Dua Lipa... She worked hard, has improved immensely and she had a great album and a cohesive era in general... so when you combine all those things, you get the success you worked for.... If Christina hasn't seen success the last decade, it's nobody's fault... 

• Love 1

I’m happy she is supporting Britney. I actually feel kind of bad that after all these years she is still in Britney’s shadow in a way. Every time she has something to promote, Britney is always brought up or asked about. It’s been this way since 1999. 

It's truly pathetic how you've got people supporting Britney that probably haven't spoken or been in the same room with her for years. Yet you don't have a single family member sharing that same kind of thought process. Christina's being genuine. This isn't the kinda condescending **** Jamie Lynn was spewing. 

So much damage, y'all. Putting myself in Britney's shoes, there's no undoing this. Idk if there will ever be a genuine moment of reflection for what's been done to ruin somebody else's life. Or would it just be a case of apologizing so you can possibly hop back on the gravy train again?

• Like 1
On 7/15/2021 at 6:34 PM, FemmeFataleBrit said:

I know this isn’t the place to bring it up, but she seems like she’s really humbled in the last few years. I don’t see many comments on her problematic behaviour anymore. Proud of her.

Christina is famous for the past decade for not being involved with online stuff at all. She's one of those rare celebs whom despite having social media accounts, rarely goes on them and knows what is happening online. Several years ago, she had no idea about fans launching a campaign to redeem her comeback album after Perez Hilton was bashing her. She probably learned about Britney's case from seeing it on television. 

I believe her words are genuine and she speaks from the heart. 

• Love 1
On 7/16/2021 at 8:07 AM, davidspears said:

I appreciate she said some lovely things about Britney recently, but I hope she is not going to name drop her every time she had a new record coming out. I remember she did it during her last promotion.

To be fair, she always gets asked about Britney, like she did here. It's not her fault. She has always been the more outspoken one so the journalists know they'll get an honest answer from her. I guess, after all these years, the so called rivalry still brings the clicks for those magazines.

Anyhow, this interview and her supporting Britney once again is just queen behavior. ♥️♥️♥️

• Love 1
On 7/16/2021 at 3:07 PM, davidspears said:

I appreciate she said some lovely things about Britney recently, but I hope she is not going to name drop her every time she had a new record coming out. I remember she did it during her last promotion.

99% of the time she gets asked about britney. It's not like she is constantly talking about her during interviews on her own. Last "era" she got asked about her in 1 show and said she would love to collaborate and after that every interviewer asked her about britney.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, PamelaAnderson said:

To be fair, she always gets asked about Britney, like she did here. It's not her fault. She has always been the more outspoken one so the journalists know they'll get an honest answer from her. I guess, after all these years, the so called rivalry still brings the clicks for those magazines.

Anyhow, this interview and her supporting Britney once again is just queen behavior. ♥️♥️♥️

You are right, I didn't think of it like that, it's sad really because she could be asked nine questions about her music and one about Britney and the headline would be the Britney one.

• Like 1