Why does Britney call Jamie "my dad"?

1 hour ago, Cinderella85 said:

:tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated: It has to do with emotional distance .When you call your parents mom and dad, you feel more connected than when you address them by name.

1 hour ago, blahbety said:

I get what you’re asking. It’s probably pretty complicated for her emotionally and mentally to completely disassociate from him like that and not call him the way she’s been calling him all her life. I’m just guessing here.

Yh...

For example I myself don't like my parents, even addressing them as "my parents" is something that I strongly disagree with internally so I choose terms like "relatives" or "family members". Not even pass out drunk would I ever call them dad or mom lol. It's like acknowledging them as something that they're not.

• Love 1
On 7/16/2021 at 1:20 AM, RAITEI said:

Yh...

For example I myself don't like my parents, even addressing them as "my parents" is something that I strongly disagree with internally so I choose terms like "relatives" or "family members". Not even pass out drunk would I ever call them dad or mom lol. It's like acknowledging them as something that they're not.

You somehow put a line in the end.and you don't know how mother/father react to it.

But there are also parents who raise their children loosely. have a great relationship. and say their children, call me by name instead of mother/father.

• Like 1

Idk. All I know is I can't say **** if there's bad blood going on in the family. I'll refer to my dad's dad as being that over calling him by his proper title or I'll call him by his first name. There was no love or respect in me towards him by the end of his life. Too much damage done. 

• Like 1