Does she or does she not want Jodi as her conservator?

Yesterday, Vivian was saying how Britney was contradicting herself because on the 23rd of June, Britney said she doesn't like Jodi, but on 14th July, Britney said she wanted Jodi to stay. ????? :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

There is a video of the protestors reading the transcripts here and it starts at around 3:23:53.

However, I think there's a flaw in their argument because what Britney has said does make sense to me.

Here is what Britney said:

• On the June 23rd hearing, Britney said she doesn't like the way Jodi is doing things, and Britney wants to get out of the conservatorship. Britney also doesn't want to be evaluated at all.
  • On the July 14th hearing, Britney says she wants the conservatorship removed but is strongly opposed to being evaluated. If she is asked to be evaluated, she'd rather Jodi stay on as conservator temporarily. (To me, this means that she is so opposed to being evaluated, she'd rather be in a temporary conservatorship)

What Britney is saying makes sense if this is the order of Britney's preferences:

1. Britney entirely freed with no evaluation

2. Jodi is the temporarily the consevator, no evaluations.

3. The court "attempting" to set her free but she has to first go through a bunch of evaluations.

What are your thoughts?!! :receipts2_britney_um_browsing_browse:

Yes, Britney wants no conservator but since she needs to have one as long as the cship is still active, it makes sense she would rather keep Jodi on. If Jodi was to be removed, they would have to appoint a new conservator of the person. While I don't think they would appoint Jamie, it still means a lot of potential for wasting time getting a new conservator who has to have time to inform themselves about the case. I also think they don't suspect Jodi will be putting up much of a fight on the road to termination, whereas Jamie will. So removing Jamie, although maybe causing a little bit of a delay, would still be preferable.

Vivian is just saying that because she is an ahole trying to cast doubt on anything Britney says. She knows fully well that Britney is not contradicting herself but rather being strategic. Vivian just doesn't like the strategy. 

• Like 6

It’s probably tactical! If she loses Jodi it will go back to her father. So she’s probably thinking until this ends she’d rather have Jodi than him. 
obviously her goal is to end the conservatorship completely. 

anyone know how these proceedings work? Is it likely it will end this year? 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Wayne said:

It’s probably tactical! If she loses Jodi it will go back to her father. So she’s probably thinking until this ends she’d rather have Jodi than him. 
obviously her goal is to end the conservatorship completely. 

anyone know how these proceedings work? Is it likely it will end this year? 

I don't think they would appoint Jamie at this point tbh, but someone would need to be appointed and that means additional delays. 

It is super difficult to give an estimate on how long this will take, because it is going to be heavily impacted by whatever her new lawyer will discover when starting to go through the past 13 years of documentation. To add on to that, Britney's case is really kind of unprecedented. Abusive and improper cships have indeed existed before, but something of this magnitude I don't think has ever been heard off before, where the conservatee is able to finally fight back as well. So it is really anyone's guess how long this could take. There are no previous similar cases to go off, and there is so much info anyone on the outside is not privy to. 

1 minute ago, RAITEI said:

Why so adamant about not being evaluated? Itd actually be helpful for her 

Hopefully! For her to say she won’t do it again… must’ve been traumatic for her. 
I have this feeling everyone fails her because of money! 

this recent court hearing proved to me that Jodi is no good for Britney. Through her lawyer Jodi said that Britney has mental illness. She also seemed more concerned with her “security” fees.

Britney does not want anyone on this conservatorship because she  wants all of this to end. 

No jody and definitely no jamie. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Miguelblackpink said:

this recent court hearing proved to me that Jodi is no good for Britney. Through her lawyer Jodi said that Britney has mental illness. She also seemed more concerned with her “security” fees.

Britney does not want anyone on this conservatorship because she  wants all of this to end. 

No jody and definitely no jamie. 

I really don't understand why Jodi asked for security fees.

Why does she need security? Did free Britney rally come for her house or something? Other than bullying on internet, I don't think fans are real threats to her. All she need to do is get some distance from internet I guess?

8 minutes ago, RAITEI said:

Why so adamant about not being evaluated? Itd actually be helpful for her 

From what I understand, they are likely making her meet impossible standards to end the conservatorship via an evaluation. It has apparently happened 3 other times. Most people suffer from mental illness to some degree. A LOT of people suffer from depression. Some more than others. Most people (whether they admit it to others or not) have thought about attempting suicide, even if it’s just a fleeting thought and you’d never really do it. Most people have a difficult time recalling the past exactly as it happened— because that’s literally the way our brains work, we sort of alter our memories over time- it’s been proven.

So you see, if Britney had to check all of these boxes as a straight up yes or no… on paper she might sound crazy. But so would everyone else in the world because it’s too black and white. Nobody is perfect but they expect her to be to be able to get out of the conservatorship. That’s the trap.

I think that’s why she doesn’t want to do it again because at this point she knows the system is corrupt and there’s no way for 90% of the population to pass such an intense evaluation.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, _genic said:

I really don't understand why Jodi asked for security fees.

Why does she need security? Did free Britney rally come for her house or something? Other than bullying on internet, I don't think fans are real threats to her. All she need to do is get some distance from internet I guess?

I think it might just be as simple as Jodi not having had this kind of experience before. She has never had such a public and high profile case before. Sadly it is sort to be expected that public figures or people attached to them become targets of threats, but like you say - the vast majority of them are not real, credible threats. Mostly just people unleashing their ugly but non-threating sides in the cover of anonymity online. I think most people attached to Britney's case are familiar with that and have experienced it before, but Jodi might not have. And if you are completely unfamiliar with being on the targeted end of that, it can feel very scary and real. 

I think it is great that Britney's lawyer however made sure to state he would have to confer with Britney first, and hopefully a part of that is trying to establish if any threats are credible, or "just" the usual kind of threats which can be unsettling, but do not pose actual danger. 

• Love 2