Swifties Are Now Using the Hashtag "#FreeTaylor"

Miss Americana: 13 Things We Learned From Taylor Swift's Netflix  Documentary - CINEMABLEND

I randomly came across a Twitter post that was about Taylor Swift and it had the "#FreeTaylor" tag on it. I clicked the hashtag and sure enough there wer even more posts from the Swifties using "#FreeTaylor". I found this around the time of Britney's audio testimony leak, and since then the amount of hashtags for Taylor have multiplied on Twitter and Instagram.

FT1.jpg

ft6.jpg

ft2.jpg

ft5.jpg

ft4.jpg

ft3.jpg

Looks like the younger generations do not understand the complexity and severity of the #FreeBritney Movement. I'm just speculating but, perhaps they have taken the "idea" of The B Army fighting for our fave, as the meaning for #FreeBritney. We are, and have been fighting but #FreeBritney is a human rights case. From a few FreeTaylor posts I've read, they generally use it against misogyny, her music rights, involvements with other famous men, and Scooter Braun. I know most of the Swifties are young, but it just seems as tacky as when Black Lives Matter was in the forefront of American society, and then you would have people making "All Lives Matter" signs. :squintney_britney_confused_huh_what_umm_ok_glory: 

Do you think other fanbases should have the right to declare their own "#insert-famous-person's-name"? Does this take away from the significance of #FreeBritney? Does it delegitimize the movement (the slow but steady fight her fans have waging for Britney's rights) by making it more about stan culture? Thoughts...

• Love 3
  • Haha 4
  • Like 1