will.i.am talks about working with Britney on the Adam Carolla podcast: listen

6 hours ago, AjBritFan said:

Why do people hate Will.I.Am so much here? I'm not super familiar with him outside of Scream & shout and that he helped make BJ. Do people hate him just because BJ sucked or is he kinda controversial/problematic? 

I can't speak for everyone but I dislike the man for just creating genuinely crap music. It's corny, uninspired garbage. He's not problematic or controversial, just makes bad music lol

Also, was he living under a rock? How did he not know Britney was in a conservatorship? I wonder if he would have still worked with her had he known.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Pinky98 said:

BJ was teased to be blackout 2.0 and she had William orbit and Danja on board. Then Will.I.**** came on board and executive produced the techno mess that is Bryony Jessica

When Chillin With You is the fastest song on the record with the most BPS then you know you should be worried. I'm not sure how will.i.am was able to listen to this record and be like yeah lets put it out there.

5 hours ago, electraheart said:

Don't we now know that it wasn't his fault, though? Didn't he say the album was finished, and it was more personal, and that her team ultimately rejected it? And then he had to scramble to find new songs at the last minute? I can't for the life of me find the interview where he said this, but I think that's why it was only ten songs long, a lot of them were demos from other artists, and probably why they relied on Myah so much. It was thrown together at the last minute so they wouldn't miss the Vegas tie-in. I'm not at all a will.i.am fan, but I don't think the BJ mess was entirely his fault. As we're learning, Team Con had final say on everything, and the artists Britney collaborated with were subjected to their meddling.

He never said that, a few insiders have dropped tidbits here and there but Will is absolute trash, he’s responsible for the glitch in Alien & his boy Antony Preston is to blame for the **** vocal production. The pro tools files from his computer are labeled Myah, he may pretend to support her 100% but he’s just as guilty as everyone else for passing a “sound alike” off as Britney’s actual vocals. Brit was in the middle of recording an album & it was going to be URBAN with producers Darkchild, Naughty Boy, Kojak, Rock Mafia, Danja, & Hitboy. When they found out her Vegas contract prevented her from award shows & other promo performances they pulled their material. Team B scrambled to throw an album together last minute & what we have now is the result of that. No one really knows why Britney didn’t bother finishing recording the bottom of the barrel they tried polishing off & pushing out into the world, but it’s pretty safe to assume Vegas & the conservatorship were huge factors. The music B was in the middle of recording that ended scrapped probably meant alot to her & having to throw it all away for a residency Lou negotiated & being told the new material needed to be ready in time for the show probably pissed her off. Hold On Tight is the only track from the original album that even made the final cut, & for whatever reason they felt to need to have Myah record her vocals for it as well. Team Conservatorship did a great job of tainting her legacy, even though it’s mostly unfinished, I’m 100% positive the original concept would’ve been 50x better than what we ended up getting.

• Love 4
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, RedBloodedWoman said:

He never said that, a few insiders have dropped tidbits here and there but Will is absolute trash, he’s responsible for the glitch in Alien & his boy Antony Preston is to blame for the **** vocal production. The pro tools files from his computer are labeled Myah, he may pretend to support her 100% but he’s just as guilty as everyone else for passing a “sound alike” off as Britney’s actual vocals. I’ll tell you the truth since you’re posting twisted versions of it: Britney was in the middle of recording an album & it was going to be URBAN with producers Darkchild, Naughty Boy, Kojak, Rock Mafia, Danja, & Hitboy. When they found out her Vegas contract prevented her from award shows & other promo performances they pulled their material. Team B scrambled to throw an album together last minute & what we have now is the result of that. No one really knows why Britney didn’t bother finishing recording the bottom of the barrel they tried polishing off & pushing out into the world, but it’s pretty safe to assume Vegas & the conservatorship were huge factors. The music B was in the middle of recording that ended scrapped probably meant alot to her & having to throw it all away for a residency Lou negotiated & being told the new material needed to be ready in time for the show probably pissed her off. Hold On Tight is the only track from the original album that even made cut, & for whatever reason they felt to need to have Myah record her vocals for it as well. Team Conservatorship did a great job of ruining her legacy, even though it’s mostly unfinished, I’m 100% positive the original concept would’ve been 50x better than what we ended up getting.

wow, where is this info coming from? 😮

I’m sure her original concept would’ve been amazing, our girl has impeccable music taste.

• Love 1

I know this may be kinda controversial, but am I the only one who actually likes Tik Tik Boom? Also BJ did give us Work ***** which I personally feel is one of her signature songs (for the gays at least) but besides those 2 songs yeah nothing else from BJ.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, RedBloodedWoman said:

He never said that, a few insiders have dropped tidbits here and there but Will is absolute trash, he’s responsible for the glitch in Alien & his boy Antony Preston is to blame for the **** vocal production. The pro tools files from his computer are labeled Myah, he may pretend to support her 100% but he’s just as guilty as everyone else for passing a “sound alike” off as Britney’s actual vocals. Brit was in the middle of recording an album & it was going to be URBAN with producers Darkchild, Naughty Boy, Kojak, Rock Mafia, Danja, & Hitboy. When they found out her Vegas contract prevented her from award shows & other promo performances they pulled their material. Team B scrambled to throw an album together last minute & what we have now is the result of that. No one really knows why Britney didn’t bother finishing recording the bottom of the barrel they tried polishing off & pushing out into the world, but it’s pretty safe to assume Vegas & the conservatorship were huge factors. The music B was in the middle of recording that ended scrapped probably meant alot to her & having to throw it all away for a residency Lou negotiated & being told the new material needed to be ready in time for the show probably pissed her off. Hold On Tight is the only track from the original album that even made the final cut, & for whatever reason they felt to need to have Myah record her vocals for it as well. Team Conservatorship did a great job of tainting her legacy, even though it’s mostly unfinished.

Ah, okay, thanks for this. I misremembered it as being a direct quote from him, but it probably was an anonymous insider. I would've loved to hear the original album (obvs) and I'm really not a fan of will.i.am as an artist, but I guess I have a hard time believing he's at fault. It sounds like it's Team Con's fault for not being upfront about her Vegas contract. Who's to say they didn't force him to use Myah's vocals and that they didn't make Britney available to record? I'm sure he's also under an NDA. I'm in total agreement the album is a stain on Britney's legacy, but I think will.i.am, for all of his failings, is being scapegoated.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, bmakrides said:

I know this may be kinda controversial, but am I the only one who actually likes Tik Tik Boom? Also BJ did give us Work ***** which I personally feel is one of her signature songs (for the gays at least) but besides those 2 songs yeah nothing else from BJ.

12 hours ago, itsxrichiexbish said:

Umm am I the only one who likes perfume? And it should be easy 😂😂😂 I know in it should be easy Britney is highly auto tuned... but damn I love how they made it sound... I don’t even mind will I am I it... but i kinda wish Britney recorded the whole song by her self 

No, y'all are not the only ones that like TTB or Perfume. In fact every BJ song has its group of followers and you can see it on this forum every time a new BJ thread is posted like every two weeks, but it's cool to pretend that the entire album sucks. 

Well, only CWY has never been very loved :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek: 

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Super Mods
19 hours ago, RedBloodedWoman said:

He never said that, a few insiders have dropped tidbits here and there but Will is absolute trash, he’s responsible for the glitch in Alien & his boy Antony Preston is to blame for the **** vocal production. The pro tools files from his computer are labeled Myah, he may pretend to support her 100% but he’s just as guilty as everyone else for passing a “sound alike” off as Britney’s actual vocals. Brit was in the middle of recording an album & it was going to be URBAN with producers Darkchild, Naughty Boy, Kojak, Rock Mafia, Danja, & Hitboy. When they found out her Vegas contract prevented her from award shows & other promo performances they pulled their material. Team B scrambled to throw an album together last minute & what we have now is the result of that. No one really knows why Britney didn’t bother finishing recording the bottom of the barrel they tried polishing off & pushing out into the world, but it’s pretty safe to assume Vegas & the conservatorship were huge factors. The music B was in the middle of recording that ended scrapped probably meant alot to her & having to throw it all away for a residency Lou negotiated & being told the new material needed to be ready in time for the show probably pissed her off. Hold On Tight is the only track from the original album that even made the final cut, & for whatever reason they felt to need to have Myah record her vocals for it as well. Team Conservatorship did a great job of tainting her legacy, even though it’s mostly unfinished, I’m 100% positive the original concept would’ve been 50x better than what we ended up getting.

Really just Hold on tight? I thought Alien was from the original concept. I could totally see her falling in love with this song and wanting the music direction to sound like this having a moody vibe which I’m sure her team was like “uh but Britney Spears needs to be happy” as it seems she really wanted to make a personal record with a kind of “indie” vibe. If William Orbit had be the EP I’m sure he can easily execute her urban sound while still retaining her pop roots as he seems so versatile and passionate about his work with little ego.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

No, y'all are not the only ones that like TTB or Perfume. In fact every BJ song has its group of followers and you can see it on this forum every time a new BJ thread is posted like every two weeks, but it's cool to pretend that the entire album sucks. 

Well, only CWY has never been very loved :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek: 

Ya I definitely seen the myah Marie vids on YouTube... but definitely work ***** is bomb, it should be easy is so underrated cuz “auto tune” and perfume is pretty good.. I think it’s gonna get hate cuz myah and that’s understandable...but I mean u don’t have to listen to those songs lol