Congressman Jason Smith has introduced a new bill called the CIRCUS Act which would exclude any healthcare provider from receiving federal benefits if they deny someone the removal of birth control based on a conservator not approving such removal.

17 minutes ago, Andros said:

What does it mean 

please explain for the non us citizens 

Pretty much if this gets passed any Dr. Won't be allowed to deny any woman service of having any form of contraceptive removed on the basis of their conservator not letting them. 

So if britney went to the Dr and said I want this iud removed and Jamie said no. At this point they have allowed that going forward if this passes the Dr. has to follow the patients wishes.

On the other hand he can't put a patient on birth control without their written consent in the first place. So Jamie wouldn't have been able to sign off in her getting an iud if britney didn't want it in the first place

If they do they could be putting their participation in federal programs at risk

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Busybee said:

Pretty much if this gets passed any Dr. Won't be allowed to deny any woman service of having any form of contraceptive removed on the basis of their conservator not letting them. 

So if britney went to the Dr and said I want this iud removed and Jamie said no. At this point they have allowed that going forward if this passes the Dr. has to follow the patients wishes.

On the other hand he can't put a patient on birth control without their written consent in the first place. So Jamie wouldn't have been able to sign off in her getting an iud if britney didn't want it in the first place

If they do they could be putting their participation in federal programs at risk

thanks 

this iud thing is just ...

this is what I supposed, this case is federal now 

• Super Mods
32 minutes ago, VanillaCandlez said:

So is CIRCUS even an acronym or is our new friend Mr. Smith just a big ol’ Stan? 

I love this  :zoomzoom_britney_annoyed_irritated_blink:

Me too but thank god he didn’t just put her name as it would’ve been tacky 

• Love 1