My friends teased me and made fun of me for supporting #FreeBritney

misogyny and homophobia are the main reasons why people make fun of pop stans. there's nothing wrong with knowing absolutely everything about a soccer team, but it's wrong or dumb for you to fight for the rights of a person who is suffering? bull****.

i've ALWAYS been made fun of by my classmates, coworkers, boyfriends, friends and family for being part of this fandom and for supporting britney. always. after the breakdown and when #freebritney started they mocked me (and her) all the time. but after everything that has happened, although for some reason some of them keep thinking she's 'crazy' bc of her instagram, they understand it was a huge injustice. 

but anyway, don't try to explain it to them bc they wont listen. that's why i keep coming here after 9 years since i joined, i feel like i finally belong somewhere :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

• Love 3

Uhhhhh I totally feel this. 

your friend is a type 1 hater. Some people think we shouldn’t care about a celebrity. I have no shame being a bi woman of color in full support and admiration of Britney. It’s to the point I might fly out for the next court date….

She got me through darks times in jr high and I hope this momentum can get her thru hers. THATS WHAT COMPASSION is.

“Don’t you know that your toxic”

• Love 1
21 hours ago, femmepop said:

the fact that people are still too cool in 2021 to like Britney is just :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

its like "girl, it's safe, you can come out now!"

But I know what you mean...being a fan of Britney always involved being protective and defending her since the very beginning. 

We. Are. Exhausted.

Yes. Constantly having to defend being a fan from like the very beginning has been exhausting. 

• Love 1
  • Super Mods

I believe in karma, this is just a test of patience. Everyone was making fun of her but now they changed their tune about her so they would join the bandwagon soon like the rest of the world when many of us have been screaming about it for the past decade. I really feel she will make a difference in the future and we will no longer just stan for a silly pop artist. Just keep going, use Britney as an example, she never gave up and continue to fight so even if your friends are bashing you, it’ll just make them look stupid saying that publicly as she’s no longer considered “rich” since she can’t even own her money so they need to get up to speed and get with the times. 

• Love 1

I have been a closet stan from the beginning, people know I am a fan but defo not to this degree. I think I'd get the same kind of **** you are getting if I was so open about it :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

But that's just me, being open is a good thing!!! Don't let the haters stop you, or you can just talk more to people who care just as much as you!!!!

• Love 1