My friends teased me and made fun of me for supporting #FreeBritney

8 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I mean, there's people obsessed with soccer players, youtubers, book writers, that girl that will never pay attention to them, etc, so what is wrong with pop artists? 

2 minutes ago, nthenwkiss said:

you're on the right side of history boo. she is a human being and her rights are being violated. you're fighting for human rights.

get new friends.

18 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

There's nothing wrong with being into pop culture. I always tell ppl that Britney's sitch is a case study in modern media and court relation. It sounds like you have boring friends lol

Thank you so much <3

This makes me feel a bit less ridiculous

Honestly i think some ppl take themselves so seriously like... Why is it weird to support freedom?

Yeah they're not real friends tbh, if you don't like Britney i don't trust you, period

• Love 5
  • Haha 1
  • Like 2
6 minutes ago, Dreams said:

Thank you so much <3

This makes me feel a bit less ridiculous

Honestly i think some ppl take themselves so seriously like... Why is it weird to support freedom?

Yeah they're not real friends tbh, if you don't like Britney i don't trust you, period

i hate when people punish successful people because they are envious or hateful... just cause she's britney spears she can't have issues? OPEN YOUR EYES--- it could be you or your family next.

• Love 2

"they acted like i'm delusional and dumb just because i care about the well being of a rich and famous person, that it's not important etc..."

This is why Britney said that she didn't (initially) believe in Paris Hilton's story. People often forget that rich celebrities are actually human just like everyone else and they have feelings and hard times too.  :gerlwat_sunglasses_cigarette_looking_what_blink:

Just ignore your friends, bashing others because of their passion/interests is super lame thing to do and they should just grow up. :smokney_britney_smoke_cigarette_chaotic_2004_exhale_blow:

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Prachi said:

The reason for this is Britney was never taken as a serious artist, over the years she has been accused of lip syncing and lazy dancing, people think of her as a crazy rich person who got successful just because she's white and privileged. 

For example - if this was happening to Beyonce it would've been much serious thing - because Beyonce is taken as a serious artist and a fantastic performer - Britney is not seen like this, Britney is seen as a bubblegum pop - I understand what you are saying and I feel you, luckily friends and family around me ask me actually what is really going on. 

I teach guitar also and run a music school and now even students are fans of her and listen to her music - they come froward to ask what is happening with her.

One of my students said today - whenever britney is free, we all students and teachers need to do a party! 

It makes me happy to hear that, i wish my music teachers were as open-minded as you are, i really think it's so unfair and toxic how people just dismiss pop culture and act like it's silly, childish, dumb etc, people are such snobs, they think it makes them smarter to pretend that they're above pop culture...

And yes i agree about the Beyoncé thing, sadly people suck. People really suck.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Dreams said:

It makes me happy to hear that, i wish my music teachers were as open-minded as you are, i really think it's so unfair and toxic how people just dismiss pop culture and act like it's silly, childish, dumb etc, people are such snobs, they think it makes them smarter to pretend that they're above pop culture...

And yes i agree about the Beyoncé thing, sadly people suck. People really suck.

Yep, I understand you completely - Britney was never shown positively after 2007 neither before that also while Bey is really seen differently - nothing negative is shown for her, while for Britney its completely different - but this time things have changed, Britney will retire as a legend and people who hate her will keep on hating! Britney is getting a lot of respect around the globe, if Britney comes back, Britney will blow up! Don't care about your friends, we love Britney! 

18 minutes ago, Stannedforever said:

"they acted like i'm delusional and dumb just because i care about the well being of a rich and famous person, that it's not important etc..."

This is why Britney said that she didn't (initially) believe in Paris Hilton's story. People often forget that rich celebrities are actually human just like everyone else and they have feelings and hard times too.  :gerlwat_sunglasses_cigarette_looking_what_blink:

Just ignore your friends, bashing others because of their passion/interests is super lame thing to do and they should just grow up. :smokney_britney_smoke_cigarette_chaotic_2004_exhale_blow:

Exactly, people have no idea what really goes on behind the scenes in show business, it's a much darker environment than we imagine, just because someone is rich and famous, doesn't mean that they have a perfect life, otherwise celebs wouldn't try to commit suicide, fell into addiction, ***** etc, it's a coping mecanism. Fame is a poison.

12 minutes ago, I'mNotTheAverageLady said:

I used to have those too, but I cut them off completely but they started to take it seriously as serious news portals reported her case. And now I'm finally justified after 2 years. It is sweet indeed

I'm glad that they finally seen the light <3

11 minutes ago, Prachi said:

Yep, I understand you completely - Britney was never shown positively after 2007 neither before that also while Bey is really seen differently - nothing negative is shown for her, while for Britney its completely different - but this time things have changed, Britney will retire as a legend and people who hate her will keep on hating! Britney is getting a lot of respect around the globe, if Britney comes back, Britney will blow up! Don't care about your friends, we love Britney! 

I agree, True legends are as much hated as they are loved, they are polarizing figures, look at Marilyn Monroe for  example, when she was alive, america was calling her a dumb blond, a bad actress, they said she was a **** addict, insane etc, and now she is seen as one of the most important women of all times, the truth is that, when you're alive, people will hate on you. And when you die, they will act like they always loved you. Humans are weird. Same thing happened to Amy Winehouse, people said the most vile things about her when she was alive and struggling and now they're making a thousands documentaries about her etc

• Love 2
Just now, Dreams said:

Exactly, people have no idea what really goes on behind the scenes in show business, it's a much darker environment than we imagine, just because someone is rich and famous, doesn't mean that they have a perfect life, otherwise celebs wouldn't try to commit suicide, fell into addiction, ***** etc, it's a coping mecanism. Fame is a poison.

I agree, True legends are as much hated as they are loved, they are polarizing figures, look at Marilyn Monroe for  example, when she was alive, america was calling her a dumb blond, a bad actress, they said she was a **** addict, insane etc, and now she is seen as one of the most important women of all times, the truth is that, when you're alive, people will hate on you. And when you die, they will act like they always loved you. Humans are weird. Same thing happened to Amy Winehouse, people said the most vile things about her when she was alive and struggling and now they're making a thousands documentaries about her etc

If Britney didn't survive 2007, no person on earth could've said anything about her - but as this lady is alive people hate her because she lip syncs! heck even MJ lip synced but nobody says anything because legend is no more with us. 

When he was alive, media ate this guy calling him a child molestor and a lot of people believed but now MJ is no more with us, people never dare to question his legacy. It's always easy to target women, and even Brit's team didn't do anything over the years to make her a legend act! 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Prachi said:

If Britney didn't survive 2007, no person on earth could've said anything about her - but as this lady is alive people hate her because she lip syncs! heck even MJ lip synced but nobody says anything because legend is no more with us. 

When he was alive, media ate this guy calling him a child molestor and a lot of people believed but now MJ is no more with us, people never dare to question his legacy. It's always easy to target women, and even Brit's team didn't do anything over the years to make her a legend act! 

Totally, I think more and more about the fact that Michael and Britney have so much in common, they were both exploited by their producers, and surrounded by toxic leeches who tried everything to destroy them. MJ was also extremely controlled, they also forced him to go on tour in 2008-2009 etc...   What a rotten environment full of evil sharks this industry is. She reminds me of Michael Jackson in the sense that they both didn't have a normal teen life, they didn't even got to experience it cause they were already famous and touring the world.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Dreams said:

So basically i kinda kept talking/posting about the whole Free Britney thing a bit too much and i think my "friends" got sick of hearing about it lol, they were so rude, they told me that Britney is filthy rich and wouldn't even give me the slightest attention if she met me on the street, wish is probably true, but i think it's so rude and kinda hurt my feelings how they acted like i'm delusional and dumb just because i care about the well being of a rich and famous person, that it's not important etc... Ok maybe it's not important but why are people so rude?  I feel like a weirdo right now, i didn't even know what to say, Does this also happen to you guys? Do people tease you for talking about Free Britney? How to respond to those people? Honestly i hate people

Lord, your friends need a conservatorship! I am so sick of people like this. It's not about the popstar, it's about human-rights.

Just say what you don't have in a conservatorship, they will understand. :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

It's a shame that a country like the USA has this and they need to get rid of that, for everyone! 

• Love 1