Found the perfect #freebritney anthem! Let’s have a Tiny Riot!

Ok guys! Not going to write too much here, but I feel like this song is talking to me, and kind of sums up how something little can turn into something big when you don’t give up, despite all the obstacles. The guy is called Sam Ryder, his covers on TikTok are extremely popular, which is no surprise when you put his incredible voice, his magnificent beard and hair, and his goofy, down to earth personality together (sounds familiar, apart from the beard 😅). Anyway, I was driving along and his original song came on my playlist and it somehow just clicked. I’ve been listening to the song for months, and somehow it’s now made sense! 

#freebritney has struggled to get taken seriously or to gain traction, and started out a small thing, that slowly got more and more exposed. This song is perfect to be the anthem of the movement! It addresses the leaders and the liars, but mainly focuses on positive energy and to speak up about things you believe in! To work together and never lose sight of your goals.

It even references butterflies using their wings creating hurricanes. To me it’s just all Britney. 

I feel we could really make use of this brilliant track in some way. Maybe @Luminous or some other editing wizards could create a badass cut with lots of fierce Britney moments intercut with the protests, I don’t know. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Maybe we could contact Sam to make a #freebritney edition cover of his own song, or even cover a Britney song (Like Lucky or Overprotected). I just have this huge positive feeling about this guy! And the song title is perfect to go along with #freebritney. It’s called Tiny Riot. Please give it a chance, have a listen and let me know what you think of this idea! 

Here’s the lyric video. Honestly the lyrics aren SO ON POINT! 

He also has orchestral and live versions, but the studio version above packs more punch the live ones are more haunting... 

There's a feeling, there's a fire
There's a whisper preaching to the choir
Take the leaders and the liars
Throw your fears on the funeral pyre

Keep on breathing, don't go under
Keep your ear to the ground, hear the thunder
When the earth quakes and the ground shakes
Throw your passion to the wind when the storm breaks

Mother, sister, father, brother
Step into the light and

Start a tiny riot
Stop being so ****** quiet
Got a spark in your heart so strike it
Crush your way up here
Turn the pouring rain to a tidal wave
And ride it
Got something inside, don't hide it
Like dynamite ignitin'
Crush your way up here
Turn the pouring rain to the wave
Of a tiny riot

Take the music, learn to use it
Turn it up 'til your speakers blow fuses
Learn the rhythm, but never lose it
Keep on moving 'til you know what the truth is
If butterflies can use their wings to turn the wind to hurricanes
You and I can break the chains, it takes a day to
Start a tiny riot
Crush your way up here
And ride it
Like dynamite igniting
Crush your way up here
Of a tiny riot

In the darkness there's a light
You can find it if you try
If you open up your eyes
If you're drifting out to sea
You can just hold on to me
We'll make it to the other side

And start a tiny riot
Crush your way up here
And ride it
Like dynamite ignitin'
Crush your way up here
Of a tiny riot

Oh yeah, good God I'm-
Crush your way up here
And ride it
Like dynamite ignitin'
Crush your way up here
Of a tiny riot
  • Love 2

I love his voice. He's very underrated. I've been playing the orchestral version of this song for the past month.

It's funny I never really tied the lyrics to Britney's situation but seeing them now, I can see it. It's such an uplifting song.

• Love 1
On 7/14/2021 at 10:26 AM, rennen said:

I love his voice. He's very underrated. I've been playing the orchestral version of this song for the past month.

It's funny I never really tied the lyrics to Britney's situation but seeing them now, I can see it. It's such an uplifting song.

Wow! This thread flopped spectacularly 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣

Yeah, I’m the same. Listened to this for months than it just clicked. I swear it was the “Father, brother, sister, mother, step into the light” line that’s done it 🤷🏻‍♂️😎