Should I study conservatorships?

So I’m a social scientists (probably super easy to find online). I really wish I could use my skills to help Britney. One of the things that occurs to me is that people keep talking about how we don’t have enough data on conservatorships or guardianships. I’m wondering whether you guys think it would be worth it to use an online panel to get a nationally representative sample of people in the US and ask them if they are or have ever been in guardianships along with the duration and whether they perceived them to be abusive. This would not be something I’d publish in a journal so I could do it fairly quickly (and with a brief survey). Do you think it would be worth it or would it be something that isn’t worth it to spend a little bit of time and money?

Edited by lluaces
Typo
  • Love 2

Yes, but not sure doing an informal one would be super useful. Because as far as I have seen, the calls for needing data is mainly coming from elected officials and institutions. I am not convinced they would find an informal online survey to be enough evidence in any way. I think there needs to be a proper assessment, that looks at all the aspects which need to be measured and what variables would be needed to measure it. 

So while I personally would find a little interesting, I think it might be a waste of your resources as it likely would not be used for anything beyond informal conversations like on here. Might be better to explore doing a proper study via your university or organization. Yes, it would take a lot more time and cost more, but that would be something that could be very useful.