Britney Spears allowed to choose own attorney, believes a goal of the conservatorship team was to kill her, wants to press charges against her father (July 14th court hearing)

I hope Britney’s case will inspire changes in the conservatorship system. It’s insane how easy it is for someone to end up under a cship and how very easy it is for somebody like Jamie to become a conservator but getting free and getting him out is hard. Like how can it be that when a conservatee pleads the judge to remove the conservator because of how abusive they are, several times, nothing happens? Until official petitions are signed and everything gets fought out in court. Is that what the system calls protecting vulnerable people? Forcing the conservatee to prove they’re being abused instead of forcing the conservator to prove they’re not abusive and still doing a reliable job? That’s all so messed up. If Britney didn’t have this new lawyer it seems it wouldn’t matter what she said in front of the judge because as long as your lawyer doesn’t file the paperwork to help you out you’re screwed. No wonder so much abuse happens within this system. Everyone’s protected except the conservatee.

• Love 4

A quick synopsis of what we heard today 

I need time Time, love, joy 
I need space, l
I need... me
For Action!

Say hello to the WOMAN that I am
Ya’ll gonna have to see through my perspective
I’m ALLOWED to make mistakes just to learn who I am
And I don't have use who YOU selected 

There WILL be another way
'Cause I believe in making choices
I’m the one to say what this girl is to do
God, y’all better have some answers
I decide what I’m to do with my life
(You will find it out, don't worry)
When y’all going to do what's right?
(You just NOT gonna have it your way)
I’m ALLOWED to feel the way I feel
my life has been so over RESTRICTED

Now on I'll tell 'em what I like, what I want, and what I don't
Every time I do, I’ll stand RESPECTED
Things that You’ve been told
Don’t believe what ya hear about my world
Please realize I’ve been TORMENTED
Edited by Wesdijk
Stand out of text
  • Love 3

I’m extremely happy now that Britney finally has a lawyer of her choice. But the fact that we have to wait until September 29 for the next hearing really makes me pissed an worried. What if Jamie run out of her estate?:decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white: could it be possible? Hope not. It makes no sense after all she said. He needs to be out from now.:blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom:

I still can't believe this is all all happening. I am so overwhelmed by joy and happiness, it feels like after holding our breaths for so long, we are finally able to breathe again. This woman have defined so many parts of my life and still doing it by her strength. Really speechless, tearing up when I think about it. 

Love & Freedom in the air 💛

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, K3yN said:

I’m extremely happy now that Britney finally has a lawyer of her choice. But the fact that we have to wait until September 29 for the next hearing really makes me pissed an worried. What if Jamie run out of her estate?:decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white: could it be possible? Hope not. It makes no sense after all she said. He needs to be out from now.:blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom:

Don’t worry about that. Britney’s new lawyer worked as a prosecutor for the US federal government’s Criminal Finance Task Force. If Jamie tried that Britney’s attorney will **** **** up. She’s finally getting her money’s worth 

• Love 4