Britney Spears' requested lawyer, Mathew Rosengart, has agreed to represent her in ongoing conservatorship battle

1 minute ago, TakeYourHand said:

Yes but her father controls her estate so if a judge approves this, wouldn’t her father have to as well? That’s his job.

I guess he could contest but that would be useless 

In fact, there was a time Ingham complained he hadn't been paid his fees last year, but ultimately the judge ordered them to be paid, or I just dreamed all of it, but the point is if the judge orders it, he was to comply. 

• Like 2
Just now, TakeYourHand said:

Ok do you care to elaborate? Lol 

There's nothing to elaborate.. Only the judge can decide that. If she decides to let Britney pick a lawyer than the estate needs to pay it. James can do sheet

Just now, PokemonSpears said:

I guess he could contest but that would be useless 

In fact, there was a time Ingham complained he hadn't been paid his fees last year, but ultimately the judge ordered them to be paid, or I just dreamed all of it, but the point is if the judge orders it, he was to comply. 

Idk if I would put that past him though. He’s holding on tight. I just want to know how this all works. In my head if a judge orders that and it’s paid from her estate, it’s a done deal. However Britney doesn’t technically control her estate so if her father doesn’t sign the contracts can anything move forward at that point? Or would a judge have to overrule that as well?

Idk if I would put that past him though. He’s holding on tight. I just want to know how this all works. In my head if a judge orders that and it’s paid from her estate, it’s a done deal. However Britney doesn’t technically control her estate so if her father doesn’t sign the contracts can anything move forward at that point? Or would a judge have to overrule that as well?

James can not do that! It is an ORDER by the court 

3 minutes ago, s&m said:

There's nothing to elaborate.. Only the judge can decide that. If she decides to let Britney pick a lawyer than the estate needs to pay it. James can do sheet

You’re speaking as if Britney is a free women though. She can sign off on a lawyer but her conservator has to sign the contracts as well regarding payments from her estate. 

2 minutes ago, TakeYourHand said:

You’re speaking as if Britney is a free women though. She can sign off on a lawyer but her conservator has to sign the contracts as well regarding payments from her estate. 

Sweetie how old are you? If the judge says you have to pay than you do! Otherwise James will be in trouble. Or do you think James can overrule Penny's decision? He can object but if Penny decides that the estate must pay Britney's new council than James must pay it!

Is it difficult to understand the situation?

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, kleinbritney said:

if they allow their own lawyer now, they should have done so in 2008 as well.
This decision will push the judge to her limits. She opens the door to a lawsuit against the guardianship and its beginnings

Lynnes statement used the excuse that Britney is not in the same place now she was in 2008 but you are absolutely right IMO. Probate Conservatorships are supposed to be for life, that is the intention as they are set up and that whoever is in one has such a degenerative condition that they will never “get better”. This whole case is smoke and mirrors and I think there will be many lawsuits. 

Just now, s&m said:

Sweetie how old are you? If the judge says you have to pay than you do! Otherwise James will be in trouble. Or do you think James can overrule Penny's decision? He can object but if Penny decides that the estate must pay Britney's new council than James must pay it!

Is it difficult to understand the situation?

You need to relax. Considering how crazy this situation has been for the past 13 years, I think it’s valid and fair to ask these questions. The “law” is manipulated everyday and I want to make sure that there’s no way Jamie can fight this off. It’s been corrupt for this long and nothing surprises me. You have some nerve. I’m not a lawyer and I’m trying to better understand ALL possibilities in this situation. 

6 minutes ago, kleinbritney said:

if they allow their own lawyer now, they should have done so in 2008 as well.
This decision will push the judge to her limits. She opens the door to a lawsuit against the guardianship and its beginnings

I mean, the whole thing is the irony itself. If the conservatorship is terminated, then it'll most likely mean it was never needed, at least was never needed to be made permanent, since permanent conservatorships are intended for people who will definitely not get better, ever, and given the drastic nature of it, all the proper tests and investigations should've been done at the time, before taking such decision.

But of course they'll find many loopholes to justify it, from the fact that Penny wasn't the original judge that approved the conservatorship, or they'll blame it on the investigator's reports, or in the case of Britney's ability to hire counsel, they'll say she was indeed incapacitated in 2008, but now she is, etc. 

At this point, with all the public pressure, the judge is damned if she does, or if she doesn't, but she better do, if she wants this mess to stop getting bigger. 

• Like 2

You need to relax. Considering how crazy this situation has been for the past 13 years, I think it’s valid and fair to ask these questions. The “law” is manipulated everyday and I want to make sure that there’s no way Jamie can fight this off. It’s been corrupt for this long and nothing surprises me. You have some nerve. I’m not a lawyer and I’m trying to better understand ALL possibilities in this situation. 

He can fight but BEFORE the judge rules! Whenever she does it's done!

2 minutes ago, Onyxgirl17 said:

Tomorrow will be deliberations I presume. 

Yes that’s what I figured. It’s just an odd situation because Britney herself isn’t technically in control so her father has to sign off on this? I mean I’d imagine he will if it’s court ordered but it’s a little confusing as I don’t know the technical legalities. 

3 minutes ago, TakeYourHand said:

Yes that’s what I figured. It’s just an odd situation because Britney herself isn’t technically in control so her father has to sign off on this? I mean I’d imagine he will if it’s court ordered but it’s a little confusing as I don’t know the technical legalities. 

Can you imagine Jamie forced to write checks out to the guy who is bringing him down?  He will likely make sure the payments are “late” like with Ingham not getting paid once he started doing something in Britney’s favor lol which forced Penny to make Jamie pay out of Britney’s estate.

Jamie is by the courts supposed to be managing her estate on her behalf. So he should not be able to call the shots … and be like no your lawyer you can’t pay for cause that lawyer is fighting me.

It’s not his money it’s hers … he has to do what the court think is in Britney’s best interest with her money.  Britney by law has the rights to a lawyer .. which lawyer is a different conversation.

But I don’t seee this Matt guy asking for an outrageous number . This case is so prominent I can see him working with an arrangement so Jamie doesn’t make the case to the judge that Matt is asking for an outrageous amount. Hel’ll probably ask for the same as Jamie’s Lawyers or Sam Inghams to further the case that he has every right to be her lawyer 

• Like 3

his lawyers are gonna have to do some pretty hard gymnastics to explain his posture about all the issues discussed tomorrow.

In one of their documents, he claims he wants to follow Britney's wishes according to her testimony, thus why he's contesting Jodi Montgomery to become permanent conservator. But if this is the case, then he has to agree to everything else she asked for, like the ability to hire her own lawyer, but most importantly, having him removed from the conservatorship, and have the conservatorship terminated. So it's gonna be very funny (not really) have his lawyer fall in a series of contradictions if they start contesting things. 

They can contest and complain all they want, at the end of the day, it doesn't matter. All eyes are on the judge right now, because she's the one that has to decide what the hell is gonna happen next. Is not only the media circus, is the fact that the newly approved co-conservator Bessemer Trust quit, as well as Britney's court appointed lawyer, she needed to decide if Jodi became permanent conservator, but Jamie is contesting, but Britney doesn't want Jamie as conservator, but that was denied, because Bessemer Trust was appointed, but if they quit, then what's happening now. 

So in summary, the judge necessarily has to take some decisions tomorrow, since the current shape of the conservatorship is a mess. And the first and most important step is that Britney needs to be represented before any further decisions are discussed. If she doesn't approve the new lawyer, even after Jodi, Lynne and even the ACLU petitions now, then there will be riots. 

• Like 1