Is Britney from Mississippi or Louisiana?

I know Kentwood, LA is considered home for Spears and her family. However, she was originally born in McComb, MS. How long did she live in Mississippi and when exactly did she move to Kentwood?  According to Wikipedia, both Bryan and Jamie Lynn were born in McComb as well. Given that Britney is 10 years older than her sister, it seems that she lived in Mississippi for at least a decade? If she spent most of her childhood and adolescence on MMC and auditioning for roles on Broadway in NY, then it’s likely that she didn’t really spend too much time in LA. Also…didn’t she go to elementary school in MS. I’m guessing that McComb should really be considered her home town.

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

Just a side thought, but for a country that claims to have the best healthcare in the world, you would think people wouldn’t have to drive a half hour to give birth. 30 minutes could be the difference between life and death for medical emergencies.

Kentwood is a tiny town in the middle of nowhere, it has a population of around 2,000 people. Of course it doesn't have a hospital. I'm sure it has an urgent care of some sort. but 25 minutes isn't even that far.

I live in Palm Beach, FL and my closest hospital is like 20 minutes if you take into account traffic. 

• Like 4
22 minutes ago, 2K16NEY said:

Kentwood is a tiny town in the middle of nowhere, it has a population of around 2,000 people. Of course it doesn't have a hospital. I'm sure it has an urgent care of some sort. but 25 minutes isn't even that far.

I live in Palm Beach, FL and my closest hospital is like 20 minutes if you take into account traffic. 

I guess I’m spoiled, I was born 10 minutes from where I live and still live here to this day. But on average, rural people live twice as far from a hospital than suburban. I get they’re a small town, but everyone should have equal access to emergency care.

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

Just a side thought, but for a country that claims to have the best healthcare in the world, you would think people wouldn’t have to drive a half hour to give birth. 30 minutes could be the difference between life and death for medical emergencies.

The USA has MANY small towns. It's a huge country. 

• Like 3
45 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

Huge difference in giving birth and life or death. I live in a small town and work at the local ER. Tons of small towns have free standing ERs so emergencies can be dealt with but full blown hospitals may be further away due to the cost of building a hospital. The area may not have the funds because it is such a small town. In our ER, we stabilize any patient that may need admission to a hospital or we life flight them out. I work and live on a state line and sometimes we transfer over state lines if needed or if it isn’t damaging to the patients health we transfer in state which our closest is about 30 miles. A lot of hospitals in smaller areas are nonprofits and it takes tons of work to even get approval for hospitals. 

• Twitter Team

I live in London and while it's not the same as Kentwood (a very small town), we have multiple hospitals in the city, I was born in a different area of London to where I lived (during my early childhood) as it was the nearest hospital to where my parents were residing at the time (I later moved house and my current area does have a hospital lol)

1 hour ago, danny1994 said:

Girl, what American are you talking to that says America has the best healthcare 😭😭 We might have great doctors, but we know the healthcare system sucks 

• Like 3

I guess I’m spoiled, I was born 10 minutes from where I live and still live here to this day. But on average, rural people live twice as far from a hospital than suburban. I get they’re a small town, but everyone should have equal access to emergency care.

But it will be impossible to ensure that everyone in rural areas have as short of distance to the hospital as someone living in a big city. At least until we have faster transportation methods. Resource wise, it just won't work to build hospitals everywhere. Most of the time most of them would stand empty. It is not just in the US it is like this, pretty much anywhere you have people living in rural areas this will be the case, sort of the implication of living in a rural area. 

• Like 1
  • Exhale+

It's a very tiny town...This is common in America. Not all parts of the US look like LA or NYC.

13 minutes ago, canyouhandlemytruth said:

Girl, what American are you talking to that says America has the best healthcare 😭😭 We might have great doctors, but we know the healthcare system sucks 

Oh yeah of course, I agree.  I live in America lol. Just the fact that you have to be within your network to get insurance to cover anything, it’s ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, GirlOnTheMoon said:

It's a very tiny town...This is common in America. Not all parts of the US look like LA or NYC.

Yes it’s a tiny town, but I don’t see why that means the people in that tiny town have to travel 25 miles to deliver a baby. Honestly they don’t even have it the worst, in some rural areas, people live an hour away from the nearest hospital.