Normani and Cardi B - "Wild Side" music video

11 hours ago, outrageous122 said:

BreatheHeavy (Exhale) is a POP forum and y'all have a history of not appreciating modern R&B music so all these negative reactions are sadly expected here. But for fans of today's R&B... Normani turned in the assignment complete with extra credit! The song is bangin' the video is sick and people are definitely talking. :endit_sunglasses_fab_yas_queen:

Thank you!! My thoughts exactly when I read the already negative comments after a 5 second snippet. Normani went all the way in on this, left no trace of a man, murdered the whole video. R & B and Hip Hop are two of my favorite genres. But all these kids love a nice white girl with a trap beat. SMH. 

• Love 4
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, anthony7226 said:

Thank you!! My thoughts exactly when I read the already negative comments after a 5 second snippet. Normani went all the way in on this, left no trace of a man, murdered the whole video. R & B and Hip Hop are two of my favorite genres. But all these kids love a nice white girl with a trap beat. SMH. 

The way I literally GASPED with the dance breaks, the LOOKS, the s** appeal...I'm sooo excited, Normani is such an entertainer and I'm glad she's finally releasing more music.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, toxiccriminal said:

The way I literally GASPED with the dance breaks, the LOOKS, the s** appeal...I'm sooo excited, Normani is such an entertainer and I'm glad she's finally releasing more music.

Same same same. Honestly I can't get the video out of my head. I hope this is the direction her album goes. If that's the case, then I am buying it first day out. I stan true R & B and this is it! Thank goodness for Zayne, Kehlani, Tinashe, and a few others who are still making legit R & B music. Plus we have some major veterans still in the game like Mary J and Toni B. But not many can hold a candle to this video, except maybe Tinashe who is one of my favorite dancers as well.

• Love 2

The song and video are both amazing! I've had the song on repeat all day. I love the moody R&B vibe. I actually prefer this song and Waves over Motivation. I feel like the R&B style fits Normani's angelic voice so well. I really want to see Normani succeed! She is so freaking talented.

• Love 4

Song is meh. Cardis verse is just not fitting the song. Like they thought let's put Cardi and her big *** and not care about music. I liked the part where there is 2 Normanis-really beautiful. Other than that-sorry to say but i am not going to watch or listen it again. Sad bc Motivation was really cool and she did great at awards last year. I think she is very ralented and this song is just not her at all.

1 hour ago, PickleSpears said:

Normani is so boring

I agree. Talent but no personality. Talent isn’t everything. I think she had more personality in Fifth Harmony. She was more bubbly and seemingly herself. It’s like they’re trying to fit her into a box of who they think she should be. It comes off as try hard. Tinashe suffers from the same problem.

• Love 1
  • Like 1