Shakira drops new video 'Don't Wait Up' - Watch now

Can someone explain to me what's wrong with tik tok, I mean pop music is about chasing trends, Shakira turns 50 this decade, she sells out cos of her performaces, but at her age she has to do trends or else she ends up Like Paulina Rubio a tv show judge. 

For a music icon that's kind of a former pop icon turn tg judge i.e. Katy Perry.  

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Can someone explain to me what's wrong with tik tok, I mean pop music is about chasing trends, Shakira turns 50 this decade, she sells out cos of her performaces, but at her age she has to do trends or else she ends up Like Paulina Rubio a tv show judge. 

For a music icon that's kind of a former pop icon turn tg judge i.e. Katy Perry.  

I don't like TikTok, but I prefer this style more than her reggaeton / urban era, and she still survived that trend, the million Maluma collaborations, etc. 

Shakira is at a level where she'll never be a flop, maybe in the US they tend to ignore her a little, but at least in Latin America she'll always be supported no matter what she does. 

Just now, Britneyarmy8 said:

In her vogue article she said she is bringing back political songs (probably about Colombia) for her next album 

this is literally a buzz single for the summer 

rockira will come back early 2022 

I.e. her original sound before the English world took over. 

I remember seeing like almost like an alanis Morissette pic in shakira, then she sent blond and I was disappointed in the English debut, as it was like everybody else. 

Even underneath your clothes was given a dance remix for radio play

• Love 1
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

I don't think it's THAT bad lol 

tbh, anything over her urban stuff, this is a very welcomed change in the direction of her music. Hope the next singles are a bit more explosive though, she's always been all about dancing and this is too chill for her, but who knows what she did for the video 

It's not No me gusta that's for sure, but it was hyped up to be She Wolf level of bopness :howdareyou_meme_cat::howdareyou_meme_cat::howdareyou_meme_cat:

Instead, we get this bland and faceless sparkless mess I can already envision the stupid Tik Tok dance ugh :ugh_britney_disgust_gross_ew:

I hope it flops so she gets it together asap :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

• Like 1

It's no where it was hyped to be..

No where near any of the epic ness it was hyped to be Madonna Hung Up, Don't start now and she wolf. 

What the hell is this Atari music producers ish. 

Shakira please fire Jay Z. 

Kylie got rid of jay, and I prefer her country disco golden and I hate country..

But she described it as Dolly Parton meets confessions on a dance floor.

She nailed it right. 

Streaming raining glitter now. 

Ive been playing it non stop. I think its brilliant and so refreshing. Because dance pop music like this is kind of rare nowadays. The pop girls are not delivering on a regular basis. And the scene is flooded with regaeeton/latin songs and rap. And then you also have Lana del Rey shoving depressing songs down our throats every year (I love them but kinda over it) so this is a welcomed change.

And just because Tik Tok now exists doesnt mean every song is now targeted for that platform. Ok they get viral there. But theres also life outside of that app you know. So please stop saying that about every new song that comes out lol.

Having said that. This is no where near She Wolf level. You guys are right. But its still amazing regardless.

• Like 1

The song is pure garbage. Why did she even bother? 

Jesus Christ, what is happening to the music these days is just devastating. Not even pioneers are able to deliver anymore. My only hope is that perhaps the music industry needs to hit a complete rock bottom and die in order to resurrect itself. 

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

well... lol it isn't like out of this world, but really, as a Shakira fan, it's very refreshing to see her doing something like this after so many years of this urban/reggaeton stuff she'd been doing. 

It really makes me excited for the rest of this new era. I also like the colors they used in the video, and her current look of course 

• Love 1

The song and video are just OK . She is capable of doing something better especially after 5+ years away from the English market. But at this point in her career she has nothing to prove and feels she’s just releasing songs to satisfy her record label …. Cause this ain’t it.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block