An Open Letter to Britney Spears

On 7/12/2021 at 1:19 PM, DDLECOURS13 said:

Hi guys! I’m new to Exhale, but I’ve always been an avid follower of Breathe Heavy. I wanted to share this lengthy letter I wrote to the people that have been involved in Britney’s conservatorship in hopes that the world, and them, would see it. While that is highly doubtful, I want the world to know the woman we all love and respect- not the one the media puts stories out about. I’m talking about the person that loves her fans and cares about us like her family. A person that has worked so hard throughout her career and deserves to life a free and happy life. I don’t know if this letter will make a difference, I do hope someone somewhere sees this and can see just how much of impact she’s had on our lives.

=========

To those who love control,

My entire life I have loved a woman that I have seen in a positive light; kind, funny, talented, and hard working. This woman, whom you know of, is Britney Spears. You know, the woman you’ve been freeloading off of the past thirteen years, and probably even more, but we’ll just focus on the thirteen years as that’s all we have proof of, for now anyways. I have been a fan of Britney’s since the day I could walk. She was my first concert at three years old and was someone I looked up to my entire childhood. The love I developed for her at such a young age has now continued on at the age of twenty-three years old.
I think any and every single person, with the exception of some, can agree that if they were under that amount of stress and given that much of a work load, they would eventually snap and get burnt out. Here’s my question though- why would a conservatorship be put in place for a woman, or her estate, who was mentally, emotionally, and physically exhausted? Ah yes, I forgot, that’s because Britney supposedly had “dementia” according to a certain someone. I’m no doctor, but I think it’s pretty obvious that she is more than coherent and doesn’t have a problem with her memory. How you may ask? Let me explain.

I met Britney in 2014 when I came out to her as gay in a meet and greet at her Las Vegas residency, ‘Piece of Me.’ I gave Britney a letter detailing how she saved my life and how I would not be here today if it weren’t for her. Britney, just a few days after meeting her, sent me a letter back and responded how proud she was of me for being who I was... but it didn’t end there.
A year later, Britney wrote me another letter inviting me to come see her in Las Vegas again and gave me an added meet and greet. When I walked into the room, Britney instantly remembered who I was and greeted me by name and had a great conversation with me. Flash forward another year, I got invited one last time to Las Vegas to see Britney before her show ended as a present from her. Greeted with the biggest hug, Britney pulled me in and expressed how proud she was of me and how I had “grown into such a young man” since the last time she’d seen me.
When speaking to Britney this time, however, it was clear her assistant, Robin, was not happy about the long conversation. We were told to “wrap it up and take the picture.” This was one of the first times I physically noticed how Britney was treated as some sort of object that she was just to obey orders and do as she was told. It wasn’t a kind, “hey let’s go,” it was a “hurry the hell up now,” kind of thing.

To the point, how would a woman who has “dementia” remember me by name over the course of years? How could she be so impaired to take care of herself, yet be able to hold such conversations as these and then go out an hour later and play a show to a sold out crowd in Las Vegas?

The definition of a conservatorship is “a legal status to which a court appoints a person to manage an incapacitated or incompetent individual's or minor's financial affairs. Such a person may also serve as a guardian, who is responsible for establishing and monitoring the physical care of the individual, and managing their living arrangements. In some states, such as California, both roles are called conservatorship, with the guardian role termed "conservator of the person" and the financial role called "conservator of the estate.” How can a conservatorship be in place for someone that is more than able to physically take care of themselves, manage their living arrangements, and handle their financial affairs? Britney can sell perfumes, make nine studio albums, go on sold-out world tours, make televised appearances, do two hundred and forty eight shows in Las Vegas, do another world tour, and then come out of that and get ready for another residency- yet she can’t control her life? In what world does this make any ounce of sense to you? The fact you can do this to a human being, let alone a daughter, a sister, a mother, and just a good person, is sick and twisted.
Not allowing someone to see their children because she doesn’t obey to go to a certain amount of therapy appointments a week, not letting her go to Maui with her hard earned money on her time, giving her an allowance a week, making her see doctors/therapists she doesn’t know, how can you do this to her?

Most importantly how can a judge and lawyers in a court of law think this is something they can get away with? Is it the money? Does it feel good to have control over someone's life? Getting off to knowing someone is in so much pain because you have that much power over them?

It isn’t fair, it isn’t legal, but it will catch up to each and every one of you- ALL of you. That includes those who resigned before more documents were found, those who stopped their names from being added to certain assets and estates, it will all come to the surface. The corrupt power abuse of each individual involved that knows what they’ve done to this woman, it will all come out. The money you are all paid, which comes directly from Britney, the world knows.

It’s very interesting how Britney’s net worth is estimated around $60 million this year. I just wonder where the $500 million that was made during the ten world tours went, or the $137 million that was made during her four year Vegas residency? That doesn’t even come to include questions regarding the multi-million dollar perfume sales Britney has made, album sales for the nine studio albums, or the $15 million that was earned during The X-Factor in 2013.

The money, secrets, and control, it’s just all sickening that a group of individuals could do such inhumane things to a person that is truly so full of compassion and kindness. Is it so much for her to ask for her life back? Haven’t you made enough to live more than one life off of her? I know that working hard must be something that you don’t comprehend, but take some time to reflect on what Britney has done for most of her life and how she has EARNED the money you have been taking from her all these years- maybe you will learn a thing or two.
Throughout my life I have been through a lot, just like every other human being in this world has. I have struggled with mental health issues from a very young age and had a very difficult time coming to terms with my ***uality at the age of sixteen years old. With these struggles came your added stressors of school, tormentors in school, and bullies that would endlessly get off on the fact over how much they could destroy you over being who you are.

While all that was taking place in my life, there was one consistent person that was always there for me. I had her music, music videos, and a collection of memorabilia that any fan could wish for. That person was Britney. Britney was the one thing that gave my life light and hope; she was always something I could turn to when nobody would listen or could understand what I was going through. I used to have a lunch box of Britney, it was purple and green. When I was in kindergarten and first grade none of the kids wanted to sit with me because I was “different.” Of course like any other child I was upset, but I had my best friend to talk to- Britney, my lunch box. I didn’t care that the other kids had friends they were talking to... I had Britney and I was over the moon about it.

So you may wonder why this has to do with you and what I’m trying to say to the world by showcasing this letter, but this is leading to a bigger picture here. I think you may have forgotten the impact Britney has had on lives over the past two plus decades she has been in the industry, let alone the amount of work she has been doing her entire life. Britney was pushed to be this role model by you, her team, and the world. She was pressured to be “perfect” and “beautiful” no matter what she wanted and how she felt. Britney didn’t feel good? Oh well, put on a smile and go to work, you have a job to do. Britney wanted a day off? Oh well, we have a tour to plan. It was a constant go, go, go for her.
There was never a time for Britney to just have time to herself. Of course when Britney finally stood up for herself and said she didn’t want to do a world tour after finishing a lengthy Vegas residency, your team of people, along with management, threatened to sue her if she didn’t do as you said. You then forced Britney into another residency and when she refused to partake in certain dance moves or requests you decided to send her off to a mental health facility like she was someone who was “crazy.” You medicated her with poison that can damage someone completely and yet, you didn’t care about the outcome of what could happen to her.
She’s had enough, and so have we. We will not allow you to use, abuse, and hurt this innocent human being for your disgusting tactics in hopes to get more money in any way possible. Creating new merchandise such as shirts, backpacks, hat’s, and even opening a museum that Britney didn’t even approve just to get your cash out because she’s been refusing to work after the way you’ve been handling her. Let me tell you this, though, it’s about to come to an end and a storm is coming.
While I’m sure this open letter will come with many hateful e-mails and attorney letters just like many fans have received, I will not stay silent until the person that saved and changed my life has fully been able to live her life the way she deserves too. I pray for each and every single one of you to learn what compassion for another human is. All eyes are on California and the people involved in this case, I hope you make the right choice.

Someone that cares,

David LeCours II (@ddlecours)

letter.jpg.5627b083f1b2e92adc36a1eb23bee916.jpg

Congrats :straddle_britney_pink_yoga_meditation_bounce_legs_spread_gym:

• Love 1

Thank you all for your comments back to me!! I’m new to exhale and don’t know how to reply or like each one, so I’m sorry haha.

I’ve been getting a lot of not so nice DM’s about the Page Six Interview I did regarding their headline saying I have “evidence,” and I just wanted to clarify that I never said that at all!! All we ever discussed were my experiences with Britney and I think that’s where their wording came from. So please know I would never take credit for anything or anyone. We are in this together as a fan base so please know I would never say I have evidence or anything like that… I was just sharing my story.

I love you guys like family!!!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, DDLECOURS13 said:

Thank you all for your comments back to me!! I’m new to exhale and don’t know how to reply or like each one, so I’m sorry haha.

I’ve been getting a lot of not so nice DM’s about the Page Six Interview I did regarding their headline saying I have “evidence,” and I just wanted to clarify that I never said that at all!! All we ever discussed were my experiences with Britney and I think that’s where their wording came from. So please know I would never take credit for anything or anyone. We are in this together as a fan base so please know I would never say I have evidence or anything like that… I was just sharing my story.

I love you guys like family!!!

We all know how the media spins things! The article was great :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
2 hours ago, DDLECOURS13 said:

I’ve been getting a lot of not so nice DM’s about the Page Six Interview I did regarding their headline saying I have “evidence,” and I just wanted to clarify that I never said that at all!!

Another day, another drama! :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree: Don’t listen to the haters! Your story is yours to share and the real ones know what you meant! :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink: