This Day in Pop: Britney Spears on TRL Week from Bahamas in 1999 (July 12)

The week of July 12 - July 16 in 1999, Britney Spears was a guest on MTV's TRL Week from Bahamas, where she chatted with Dave Holmes each of the five days from the paradisiacal destination.

The show was part of the special that MTV had for the Summer, which included shows that featured several celebrities as guests, as well as a series of concerts at the beach, such as Limp Bizkit. 

normal_MTV_Bahamas.JPG

abp_10.jpg

bahamas_01.jpg

• Love 7
5 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

The week of July 12 - July 16 in 1999, Britney Spears was a guest on MTV's TRL Week from Bahamas, where she chatted with Dave Holmes each of the five days from the paradisiacal destination.

The show was part of the special that MTV had for the Summer, which included shows that featured several celebrities as guests, as well as a series of concerts at the beach, such as Limp Bizkit. 

normal_MTV_Bahamas.JPG

bahamas_01.jpg

Juno Lounne making her debut appearance

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, Puppy said:

Wow even with normal clothes she still looks like a star, I forgot pop stars wore basically mall clothes made too small for them compared to nowadays where it’s required to wear haute couture.

it's so true! I remember whenever  Britney was on TV or had a new music video out back then you could literally go to the mall that same week and find  dupes of what she was wearing.

during this summer I HAD to have the white pants and a pink top look just like Britney.

• Love 5
  • Like 2
  • Super Mods
30 minutes ago, femmepop said:

it's so true! I remember whenever  Britney was on TV or had a new music video out back then you could literally go to the mall that same week and find  dupes of what she was wearing.

during this summer I HAD to have the white pants and a pink top look just like Britney.

Yeah, she always look like she came out of the gap lol but that’s the beauty of it and why she’s so emulated as you can basically go to the mall and get the same outfit she wore, I remember loving cargo pants because she wore them so well.

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
30 minutes ago, colormefresh said:

13:20

She said she wanted to major in Entertainment Law :weirdmeout_umm_ok_what_weirded_britney:

She really does have some form of psychic ability :weirdmeout_umm_ok_what_weirded_britney:

That has nothing to do with it. At the beginning of her career she said that she would like to become a lawyer if her career doesn't work out.At school she said it too. She didn't want people to say: "Sure, you'll be a famous singer."

• Super Mods
31 minutes ago, colormefresh said:

13:20

She said she wanted to major in Entertainment Law :weirdmeout_umm_ok_what_weirded_britney:

She really does have some form of psychic ability :weirdmeout_umm_ok_what_weirded_britney:

She’s been trying to outsmart Larry from the start. It’s no wonder she is in the conservatorship, they knew she was feisty and cunning so they beat her to the punch and her weakness is saying it first. You hear stories like her telling David Lachappelle to lock the door so Larry doesn’t intervene again shows she is smart and that’s what they are afraid of hence putting the most extreme restrictions on her so she doesn’t find loopholes. 

maybe she can go back to college and go to Harvard law to become a lawyer so she can savagely go after all the people that did her wrong when she’s free. 

• Love 4
  • Super Mods
2 minutes ago, Cinderella85 said:

That has nothing to do with it. At the beginning of her career she said that she would like to become a lawyer if her career doesn't work out.At school she said it too. She didn't want people to say: "Sure, you'll be a famous singer."

She had also said she wanted to become a teacher like her mom but she always felt the popstar life wasn’t gonna last long and that she would go back to normal life and have a family of her own. 

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Puppy said:

She’s been trying to outsmart Larry from the start. It’s no wonder she is in the conservatorship, they knew she was feisty and cunning so they beat her to the punch and her weakness is saying it first. You hear stories like her telling David Lachappelle to lock the door so Larry doesn’t intervene again shows she is smart and that’s what they are afraid of hence putting the most extreme restrictions on her so she doesn’t find loopholes. 

maybe she can go back to college and go to Harvard law to become a lawyer so she can savagely go after all the people that did her wrong when she’s free. 

Similar to Betty Ann Waters who caught up with school, became a lawyer and got her brother out of jail.

By the way, I think Brit is highly intelligent, like Shakira, Madonna and Jodi Foster. That means her IQ has to be at least 140, but she is more likely to be 150.

PS:Why has Betty Ann too look like our old friend?They could be sisters.

betty-anne-waters-getty-jpg_171703.jpg

OIP.WeJv34cyq_bWVJeLG7D_-wHaKw?pid=ImgDe

• Love 1