NOT HATING BUT, don't get the olivia rodrigo hype.

• Super Mods
Just now, Spicechinodiva said:

I'm sorry, but I think everybody in one way or another is youth obsessed, we all in one way or another physically want to stay younger, not just mentally.

But I'm truly sorry..I didn't mean to upset you..

It’s not that serious, things change and despite it being scary, you just have to accept it. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Like 1

These new stars just suck, but she's OK. I don't dislike her but she is a bit overhyped. Good 4 U and Drivers License are good songs imo but I can't stand that Deja Vu song.

Long gone is the days of popstars like Britney Spears, there will never again be a Britney Spears. 

• Like 2
On 7/13/2021 at 3:03 PM, itswwasheem***** said:

I Dont Know Her Mariah Carey GIF

Really don't get the hype about those boring new artists. I might be too old for this.

On 7/13/2021 at 8:05 PM, MARKUS said:

I think only the new generation will enjoy. I don't really hear music in it. 

On 7/14/2021 at 9:18 AM, Spicechinodiva said:

That's expected. We mostly prefer our era of music. Not because of the Nostalgia, but the memories of our youth, and the fact I feel every year we get older, sometimes it gets depressing how fast time is flying, every year is like a reminder you made another year without dying cos the day you're born, you're told was the first breath you took towards your death eventually.

So.i feel in a psychological way holding on to our youth and our entertainment is a way to stay alive and feel hopeful..

At 37, there is some parts of the world and the culture I feel that doesn't represent me at all. And it's because the way they market to the youth now. Even the veterans do that. 

They forget the fans who were with them since day one..

I don't know, I'm young, I'm 20, I tried to like her stuff and other new hip artists' music, but I just can not. The reason why I wanted to like them so much is because some of my friends always play their music at parties...and I don't want to sit there like a grumpy grandma (as they called me), but I kind of do. They are just so boring and life&soulless. I mean Olivia, Taylor, Ariana, Selena, even The Weeknd and Dua... They all have 1 or 2 good or tolerable song, but they are not just all that. 

And they are criminally overplayed everywhere. I could tolerate a smaller dose better. And I love pop and overall popular music, so I wouldn't call myself a music snob or anything

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

A lot of hate for a girl who turned 18 about 5 months ago lol. 

She wrote one of the biggest songs ever and I love it. Do I like her album? Not my taste, but I do like two songs from it. You can't deny her talent and voice though. I'm excited to see what will come from her. 

• Love 1