Is Doja Cat the next icon?

For me, it is complicated nowadays to be able to fascinate and federate an audience in our current time where all the artists expose their life, there is no more mystery or fascination. Real icons have something a bit mysterious about them or like... almost mystical? You wouldn't expect to meet them on the street. Michael Jackson, he is a real icon.

I don't know, it's hard to really be able to judge whether someone could be an icon or not. It's impossible to tell. Especially with social medias where everyone's attention span is short and they move on real quick.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

But most artists hate promoting, they like staying at home, Zayn even said this his anxiety is seriously high, that if he fails, it will be bad press, but especially bad press for a person who left the biggest boy band of the 2010s at the height of their success. 

So I think mental health plus fears of failing to meet expectations by the industry is what scares a lot of these artists today. 

@Jordan Miller they don't even think that fear of not living to their inspiration and idols standards would be harshly judged. 

For a person influenced by Michael Jackson or Madonna, if their performance doesn't scream as iconic ad their idols, they feel like they let themselves down, their fans and their idols as well. 

It's a mind **** what the industry and the Music listener's expect from their artists and the new generation..

Even if they hate promoting, it’s part of the job (particularly for a pop artist.) They’re not going to sell records and leave a lasting impact otherwise. Lack of promotion is, what I believe, the biggest issue with Zayn’s career. If he promoted more during his era’s I think he’d be much more successful today but he’s fading already. If his anxiety is so intolerable to the point where he can’t perform or promote, perhaps he’s in the wrong profession? Unless he doesn’t mind not being successful? I don’t know. I’m in no way putting him down. I don’t mind some of his songs, he’s a talented guy but I see much more potential in him. He could be doing better. 

Todays singers just need to try be original and try to stand out but they all seem to blend into one boring industry fad. Wake me up when an actual legend emerges…

:brityawning_britney_chaotic_sunglasses_tired:

I think with this social media all artist like Billie, Justin, Ariana, Taylor, Beyonce etc etc are famous. 

With this being said, apart from Beyonce - nobody is putting on a great show at least this decade but Beyonce is still to be famous WW! 

I mean think about it - GP is neither listening to MJ, Madonna or Britney but everybody knows her and sees them as a legend no matter you've heard their music in full length or not. 

Those days, performances made you what you are today - this whole pop today is hardly an iconic phase for anyone. Weekend is having great success and he completely deserves it but I don't know he's at his peak right now - the interesting part to see is that how many people listen to you and know you when you are not at your peak. 

Doja I believe will be doing very good for at least 6-7 years but an icon? I hope so. 

• Love 1

Yes and anyone who says 'no' is simply delusional or has their rose-colored 90s nostalgia glasses glued on to their faces :byebitch_britney_wave_black_white_and_bw_sunglasses_bye_hi_walking_leaving:  She is a wonderful performer, a fantastic rapper, has the hits, one of the most versatile artist from this generation, an adored personality found relatable, has a strong presence with the millennials and generation z kids and everyone likes her. Anyone who has heard 'Rules' knows this gurl is the next icon :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

• Like 1
12 hours ago, SUCCESSICA IS A QUEEN said:

So many pressed and bitter **** in this thread. Yes, Doja is on her way to achieving icon status.  She puts in a lot of effort into her craft and anyone who fails to realize that is simply delusional or stuck in the past, but that isn’t anything new of Britney stans. :mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave:

Oh wow, this post went off :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas: Someone needs to tell them that the early 2000s happened nearly 20 years ago and they have to move on :bibliahh:

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Yes and anyone who says 'no' is simply delusional or has their rose-colored 90s nostalgia glasses glued on to their faces :byebitch_britney_wave_black_white_and_bw_sunglasses_bye_hi_walking_leaving:  She is a wonderful performer, a fantastic rapper, has the hits, one of the most versatile artist from this generation, an adored personality found relatable, has a strong presence with the millennials and generation z kids and everyone likes her. Anyone who has heard 'Rules' knows this gurl is the next icon :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

You spilled…drag them 50 year old r@+s bibliahh.gif

• Haha 1

she is the best performer of the new generation of pop, I love that she gives us visuals AND choreography...we've been missing that for a while, but her music falls flat sometimes. its like she doesn't really know what her identity is, I'm sure with time that will improve but its way too early to be giving her icon status :ririshade1_rihanna_annoyed_window_bye_irritated_mad_black:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block