Whatever happened with Kat DeLuna?

• Super Mods

She was really big in mid to late 2000s but then she just disappeared from the radar :umomg_britney_shocked_wow_omg_surprised_eyes_wide: Her music was legit good, and she worked with some of the biggest producers at the time (Red One, Akon, Flo Rida etc.)

And then just poof, nowhere to be seen? Anyone knows what exactly stalled her further rise? 

Some of her well known hits:

• Like 2

She was big in 2008/2009 but then disappeared into thin air. Who knows? Just how the industry works. She was a one-time thing with a few hits and that was about it.

Anyway, here are some honourable mentions as well:

Probs my fav song of hers is In the End. The bridge after 2:00 is what I miss from pop music these days. Also, the note at 2:28 and 2:36. I love the raspiness. A bit Xtina-ish

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
1 hour ago, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

She was big in 2008/2009 but then disappeared into thin air. Who knows? Just how the industry works. She was a one-time thing with a few hits and that was about it.

Anyway, here are some honourable mentions as well:

Probs my fav song of hers is In the End. The bridge after 2:00 is what I miss from pop music these days. Also, the note at 2:28 and 2:36. I love the raspiness. A bit Xtina-ish

yeah she's a good vocalist indeed, i guess she just never evolved as an artist? :ponderney_britney_thinking_sunglasses_hmm_wondering_deciding_orange_blue:

• Like 1

The problem with her is that she worked with RedOne before Gaga, Jlo etc but she wasn't as successful as them so people always associated Redone's sound with Gaga even tho Kat worked with Redone way before Gaga. Which made it seem like Kat had no identity and was hopping on the trend.

Also Redone basically took Kat's sound/vibe and identity and gave it to Jlo when he made On The Floor, that song screams Kat Deluna.

• Like 5
17 minutes ago, Dreams said:

The problem with her is that she worked with RedOne before Gaga, Jlo etc but she wasn't as successful as them so people always associated Redone's sound with Gaga even tho Kat worked with Redone way before Gaga. Which made it seem like Kat had no identity and was hopping on the trend.

Also Redone basically took Kat's sound/vibe and identity and gave it to Jlo when he made On The Floor, that song screams Kat Deluna.

I think the issue was also that she never went able to beat Out the new wave of artists that was emerged whine up did very well but she debut the summer umbrella came out so…….. it really was tough. 

• Love 2
  • Like 1

I got a Facebook notification this morning about her going live, but I didn't watch :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

I was obsessed with 'Whine Up'. It's such a fun song. 'Run The Show' was amazing too. I guess the GP didn't really recognize her. I remember playing it for friends and they would think it was J.Lo :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Love 3
  • Haha 4

She was a one hit wonder. And nothing more. She never did anything to push pop music forward, she kind of just did what was trendy. I wouldn't call of of these songs in this threads "hits". They were meant to be hits but I remember her flopping over and over.

I remember whine up being a major hit , as I was 12 , my sister used to listen to it constantly , and run the show is a bop too I still listen to it sometimes ...... She can definitely sing ! But nowadays it's all about the *** and the sass ....... 

22 hours ago, Dreams said:

The "original" on the floor. Jlo did it again

I still listen to  love confusion  and  am I dreaming  regularly (I love the solo version of am I dreaming tho).Drop it low was always playing on the radio when I was in school and the boys were talking about her natural beauty and ***iness in the mv.A few years ago, when I checked what she was doing, I saw that she released a single called bum bum, not bad but not like her old music.She still has potential but I don't feel like she is trying enough.She has a really good voice and vocal ability.

Wow, throwback! I was in my late teens when she had her 15 minutes of fame, I feel so old now :britdrown_britney_tears_crying_drown_ink_black:

In my mind she's in the same category as people like Cassie or Amerie, who made some bops but in the end had no staying power.

Anyway, apparently she's still making music... This ain't got nothing on "Whine Up" or "Run the Show" though.

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block