Was Britney ever romantically involved with Sam Lufti?

I know that Lufti is considered by many to be as evil as Voldemort but I’m very curious about the dynamics of Britney’s relationship with him. I’m specifically curious if there were any romantic feelings between them. Britney was very vulnerable at the time as she had just broken up with KFED and yearned for emotional support. Based on my personal experiences in toxic relationships,  I don’t think it’s possible to fully exploit and take control of someone’s life in the capacity that he managed to achieve with just a platonic relationship. I have a sense that there were romantic feelings between them throughout 2007-2008 both before and after Adnan. Their relationship was very codependent and I do feel that he might have been meeting her emotional and physical needs around that time. 

What do you all believe?

2 minutes ago, AP4 said:

I was under the impression he was gay? I don’t think they were ever romantically involved. 

I don’t think he is. Even if he were, there’s no way that he could have established so much control over her with just a platonic relationship. The level of control that he achieved is more than what toxic spouses and partners in intimate relationships obtain. 

I have wondered this same thing. But then I remember, I think it was in the NYT interview; Lutfi said that Britney gravitated toward him so much because he was the first person to tell her she could basically say **** it and not work so hard. He said she would be shocked when he would say you can just cancel that meeting, etc. So maybe it was just a platonic relationship but having someone in her life who wasn’t trying to control her (at least not in that way - I definitely don’t fully trust Sam) for the first time in practically her whole life was a very strong draw. 

• Like 8

But Britney is very much addicted to love. And friendships between two hetero***uals can become physically intimate if they spend a lot of time together. If they were both single at the time, then it seems inevitable that the relationship would become physical. There’s no indication that he’s gay. Plus, he said that she still contacts him occasionally from burner phones.

Platonic friendships can also be toxic but I don’t think they can reach the intensity observed in intimate relationships because the depth of closeness is limited. Codependent relationships are established as a result of physical and emotional intimacy. 
Sam’s control over her was stronger than what is seen in the most dysfunctional and ultra violent intimate relationships/marriages. 

They were both meeting each other’s needs. Britney had both physical and emotional needs that were not being fulfilled. Sociopathic/narcissistic individuals often sense unmet needs and satisfy them in order to get control. 
Listening to Britney’s music, we know that she enjoys a good time and many guys would have done anything to be with her. I really think they had some sort of friends with benefits/codependent relationship. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, icybaby said:

Can we just stop bringing up this mans name every other day. He is partly the reason she is in cship today. So i'd rather stop talking about him or giving him any attention.

I understand that. It’s just me trying to understand the dynamics of the relationship. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

Sam is gay, Britney is needy. It was that kind of friendship. Britney was alienating her family and team, and needed new family. That was the dynamic.

How do you know this? I thought that he might have been gay but as I said you can’t get that level of control in a friendship. Maybe, he was taking on a parent role? I’ve heard mixed things with some people saying he’s gay while others said that it was very physically intimate.

3 minutes ago, Alexa James said:

How do you know this? I thought that he might have been gay but as I said you can’t get that level of control in a friendship. Maybe, he was taking on a parent role? I’ve heard mixed things with some people saying he’s gay while others said that it was very physically intimate.

I think regardless of his ***uality, he was drawn to Britney because she was someone he could easily manipulate, which likely turned him on. He tried the same mess with Amanda Bynes. He's clearly insecure to the point that he needs to feel like a man by emotionally abusing someone in need and making them dependent on him. I agree with the responses that it's a shame he's being brought up lately when it's partly because of him that Britney was so broken down that a conservatorship seemed like the only option. 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Alexa James said:

You can get that level of control over friends though. You have to think of how vulnerable she was. She had no security anymore when she was previously always with security. She was going through a divorce with someone she loved so much and gave so much of herself to. She missed her kids - as a mother that’s a damn HARD thing to deal with. The person that never helped her with the babies and took off partying all the time claimed she was unfit and had the children most of the time. Her infants. She was angry with her family. She didn’t seem to have any friends around. She was followed and criticized for everything she did. She was overly “sheltered” because she always had people around to do things for her. And she was very likely going through PPD and likely dealing with some type of substance abuse. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1