Reporter asks Bernie Sanders about #FreeBritney

1 hour ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Lmao yeah someone who was perverted enough to only care about her when she was barely legal. As if he would give a **** now. He’s a perverted pig 

What has he done that you would class as perverted?

If you talk about being perverted but then went and voted for Biden you seriously should think before you speak 💅🏻

• Love 3
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, Martian_M00d said:

The actual interview was aimed at creating policy that would benefit Americans and prevent a guy like Trump from taking office. He wasn't gonna derail the topic when NYT told him that's what he wanted to discuss. That's why there's an image of him holding up a piece of paper with all the policies he wanted enacted (infrastructure, family leave, medicare, etc.) I'll cut 'em some slack :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

This. Thank you. This line is taken out of context. This isn't what he was being interviewed about. 

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, Sea flower said:

We have to respect that. It is not important for everybody. It is what it is.

We shouldn't respect that. Conservatorship as a whole is problematic. It isn't just Britney. Injustice should NEVER be respected and as he's the president, he totally should handle it.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, danny1994 said:

He’s the chair of the senate budget committee, and his number one priority now is getting an infrastructure deal passed. I would’ve liked it if he said something, but he’s focused on other things now

Basically this.

I mean, Free Britney is super important to me, but come on. It's kinda delusional to think the universe revolves around this issue when we're also dealing with rampant climate change, a global pandemic, the second economic recession since 2008, and ever growing inequality.

That is not to say Britney's struggles are trivial or unimportant! But people (and politicians) do have limited time and energy and no one can devote themselves to caring (or even informing themselves) about every single issue in the world. Everyone has their priorities and I do think it's slightly immature if you can't accept that someone else's priorities might be different from your own.

+ I think this is definitely also the journalist's fault for asking a question that was completely unrelated to the topic of the interview & which Bernie probably wasn't prepared for at all? I can imagine him being annoyed at that

• Love 7
  • Like 2

I feel like he's there to talk about the issue that he's raising. And that is his singular focus atm because journos always try to derail interviews with ridiculous questions about random aspects of policy and he probably wasn't expecting to be asked about C/ship abuse. 

I like him.

You Americans should come join the rest of the world and get public funded healthcare. 

Love from NZ 😘

• Love 7