For The Record + Britney’s Discography

Two separate topics here but I wanted to ask. Not sure if this has been covered before but how did Team Con allow footage of Britney stating she was sad and basically against the conservatorship in For The Record. Ever since then they have covered up her feelings towards it but why not then, when that was at the start. Is this because the end game at the time was to actually protect and help her before it turning into a money making scam??

Also, I have been listening to her tracks over the last few days and it’s quite scary to hear how she literally predicts her life through tracks such as Lucky, Stronger, My Prerogative, Overprotected and so many more!! 

• Love 1

With For The Record, I think her team knew she had to address it to some extent, but she’s very vague about it. She doesn’t use the word “conservatorship” at all in the doc. One could assume she’s talking about feeling trapped by her fame, but we obviously knew the real deal. 

Yes I agree about many of her songs predicting her life being slightly eerie. It just goes to show you that Britney is a lot more artistic than a lot of people give her credit for. I’ve always felt like Britney has found refuge in her music though. As she says in FTR “art is therapy” for her. 

• Love 5
  • Like 4

People (including me) thought  she was talking about being famous and being terrorized by paparazzi and having 0 privacy cuz of that.  And to me it seemed she felt trapped, bored and sad cuz of everything being so monotone

Keep in mind lots of back back in 2008 thought her dad is actually a good guy. we made memes about cheetos and cheese grits and nothing else. and we were all happy she's back with  a bubbly, pop album.

• Love 2

as people said, she's very vague about it. Also probably her team thought nobody would think twice about it, since most of those documentaries from other artists are filled with fake drama.

It's like, yea she's sad and whatever, but then ends up making a comeback, looking glorious and saying she goes through life like a karate kid, so she's no longer sad about her situation.

Besides, who knows how many stuff they actually cut out

• Like 4

i consider myself a hardcore fan and not even once for a second during the whole FTR did i ever consider she was referencing her conservatorship... mostly because i didn't even know what that was or that she was in one... no one could connect the dots as it was done very discreetly.

looking back at it and knowing what we know today, i still don't think she was fully referencing the conservatorship in the documentary (other than that NOW obvious part about all the lawyers and doctors analyzing her) mainly because i think she was just getting started with it and she had yet to discover the horrors... and she was probably gaslight into thinking she needs this and was made feel guilty.

• Like 1

Regarding your first topic my mind always goes back to the day when 17 year old me watched FTR with my Mom. I remember asking my Mom so many questions as I didn’t understand her answers to the fullest extent. Being older AND looking back now I get what she was trying to say. I’ve rewatched that doc multiple times and the even though it’s very sugar coated I give her so much credit for going there publicly that soon. Almost no time to process the situation honestly and I bet she feels different today. 

Regarding your second topic, I don’t think she ever meant to put her story in her art. I think it naturally came out subjectively through her self conscious!

I’ve been thinking about this a lot too.  The only conclusions that I can muster are that:

1.) they knew it needed to be addressed to some extent, it was the elephant in the room. She also never once says the word conservatorship in FTR, which I find very interesting.

2.) Having her sit there and talk about her mistakes and the repercussions of her mistakes (the conservatorship team)...making her cry on camera was a way to make her look accountable for her actions to the public...a way to almost humiliate her and say “well, you messed up and now you have to pay.”  Realistically, she went through stuff that the vast majority of us go through, mental health issues and rebellion...only her situation was broadcast for the entire world to judge.

I truly think she was allowed to talk about all of this because of these two reasons...mostly the second one.  It showed the control they had over her and it made THEM look powerful: “hey she messed up, but thanks to US, she’s back on track.”

• Like 1
12 hours ago, TakeYourHand said:

Regarding your first topic my mind always goes back to the day when 17 year old me watched FTR with my Mom. I remember asking my Mom so many questions as I didn’t understand her answers to the fullest extent. Being older AND looking back now I get what she was trying to say. I’ve rewatched that doc multiple times and the even though it’s very sugar coated I give her so much credit for going there publicly that soon. Almost no time to process the situation honestly and I bet she feels different today. 

Regarding your second topic, I don’t think she ever meant to put her story in her art. I think it naturally came out subjectively through her self conscious!

She can't have predicted anything because songs like Lucky, Overprotected etc. were written by Max Martin and others.

She never had a credit on those songs. At that time she sang what producers gave her to sing. I remember only Dear Diary was penned by her and that's like a love song.

The themes in certain earlier songs just happen to coincidentally fit future events in her life. 

21 hours ago, dt1991 said:

Two separate topics here but I wanted to ask. Not sure if this has been covered before but how did Team Con allow footage of Britney stating she was sad and basically against the conservatorship in For The Record. Ever since then they have covered up her feelings towards it but why not then, when that was at the start. Is this because the end game at the time was to actually protect and help her before it turning into a money making scam??

Also, I have been listening to her tracks over the last few days and it’s quite scary to hear how she literally predicts her life through tracks such as Lucky, Stronger, My Prerogative, Overprotected and so many more!! 

Well I think the majority of the public opinion was in favor of guardianship. Your team could simply present itself as a “savior”. And the complete comeback proved them right.
The fans were kids back then and had absolutely no idea what guardianship meant for Britney in the first place. Even among the fans there were only a handful who were always against guardianship. Lol Man was even an enemy on the Britney forums of the world if you came out as an absolute opponent of guardianship. the betrayal of her fortune has likely been going on since the beginning of her career. Is there an accounting requirement in the USA for such a long period of time? In Germany, after 30 years, you could still see where the money went. Nobody really believes Britney personally wasted that inexhaustible amount of money.